Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is there any way of finding out...

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
879 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2016, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Is there any way of finding out how many tickets were sold for any particular lottery drawing?

Also, how many combinations were sold of the total combos available for that particular lottery game.

I am asking, because I would like to know how many tickets get printed with the same number combos on them. If the game has so many combos and supposed to be random, why are there so many winners with the same combos on their tickets?

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
    Upstate NY
    United States
    Member #174656
    May 5, 2016
    766 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2016, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Is there any way of finding out how many tickets were sold for any particular lottery drawing?

Also, how many combinations were sold of the total combos available for that particular lottery game.

I am asking, because I would like to know how many tickets get printed with the same number combos on them. If the game has so many combos and supposed to be random, why are there so many winners with the same combos on their tickets?

No. That would would be useful though as it allows players to see certain patterns in how other people pick their numbers and thus allow them to pick numbers that they could be certain no one else picked.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49806 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2016, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Google: Lotto Report Masterlinks

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40564 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2016, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

So that's a yes, YES YES YES, Thanks Raven.Party

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
          Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #169723
          October 29, 2015
          879 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2016, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't find anything close to what I am looking for.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3707 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2016, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

The New York Lottery will probably tell you how many tickets were sold for any of their online game's drawings, but whether or not they'd be willing to give you a list showing all the different combo's sold for that particular drawing is another question.

As for the total combo's available, that's easy.... For example Take5 has 575,757 different combo's.  The first would be 1 2 3 4 5 and the very last would be 35 36 37 38 39.

I wouldn't ask them how many tickets were sold because there can be multiple lines/combo's printed on one ticket. I'd ask them; For the Take5 drawing held on July 20th 2016, how many different combinations were sold out of the possible 575,757?  Once you know how many different combo's were sold, then you could ask them; "Of all the combo's sold for July 20th's drawing, which combo's were sold more than once?" 

Many people like to play 1 2 3 4 5.  I bet The NY Lottery knows how many lines of 1 2 3 4 5 they sold for last nite's Take5 drawing.  G5 

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49806 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2016, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't find anything close to what I am looking for.

Click On: Ticket Sales by the Draw!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                Member #139779
                March 3, 2013
                115 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2016, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

What I find interesting is the pick 4 winners list. Look at how you see the same names hitting either multiple times or many times over a period of months. I have a feeling you would find this in any pick 4 state, but I could be wrong. Look at NC Lottery site winners list.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22952 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2016, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I wish I could see a report like that too. PA will give a number of winners straight boxed etc

for daily games and other games but to give the kind of info you want is too much to ask.

Not because its unreasonable but because it would shed light on what they want in the dark.

I think if some people got that info they wouldn't be too happy and would reconsider random.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10353 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2016, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Fortune cookies!

- Just kidding, but don't over-think things.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.