Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratcher Tickets Poll

21 replies. Last post 19 days ago by ScratchSmarter.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Does a new or old scratcher game give you a better chance of winning the grand prize?

Yes - I would rather play the new scratcher [ 20 ]  [60.61%]
No - I would rather play the old scratcher [ 13 ]  [39.39%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

United States
Member #164725
March 12, 2015
341 Posts
Posted: October 10, 2016, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Calif has ruined scratchers.  They cut back on the number of large jackpots for each game for what they claim are more smaller prizes. But the odds are not great for the smaller prizes and they are palty. They had an end of each game drawing for the top prize but they did a way with that, too.  I stopped playing all scratchers. Even the graphics look less than enticing.

Skippack, PA
    United States
    Member #139391
    February 21, 2013
    87 Posts
    Posted: October 14, 2016, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

You cannot based your purchases off of a ticket being new or old.  Scratch tickets are similar to playing black jack.  Sometimes the winning tickets are mixed in randomly a the beginning of the printing sometimes spread evenly throughout and sometimes at the end of the deck.  Overall odds simply tell you the chance of winning any prize at any point throughout the printing. 

If you really want to increase your odds of winning a big prize, you have to track the odds of winning a top prize when the game is released, the total number of tickets sold over time and the total number of top prizes remaining.  It's a lot of work to track it for every game, but it can be done.  ScratchSmarter does it for you.

Now its time for you to start to

ScratchSmarter

25% off - use CouponCode: LotteryPost25Off 

Texas
      United States
      Member #176057
      July 18, 2016
      13 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2016, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Either way, I think the smaller stores seem to have higher odds of having winners.  Never seem to get any decent winners at the big chain stores.

New York, NY
        United States
        Member #140634
        March 23, 2013
        2961 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I bought 12 $10 scratchers, one of the ones that's been around forever and will never go away, one of the staples of the scratch offs, and won $100, $50, $20, and 2 $10's. $190 total. Spent $40 on numbers, left the store with the same amount that I walked in with, plus $40 worth of free numbers. Work them to your advantage. That $10 game I bought always has a minumum of 2 $50 winners in it for each book or pack. Make sure you know what and which ones you're buying. And think about it before you walk in the store. Trust yourself and your eyes too. Whichever one catches your eye. That's the way to go.

New York, NY
          United States
          Member #140634
          March 23, 2013
          2961 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2016, 9:55 am - IP Logged

The new games don't always offer better odds. There are always jackpot tickets left at the end of the game. So that tells you something also. I would never buy a game that offers only 1 $40 ticket for each pack, as oppose to a game that offers 1 $40 ticket and 1 $50 ticket as well for each pack.

new york
            United States
            Member #63828
            August 9, 2008
            175 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2016, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

The new games don't always offer better odds. There are always jackpot tickets left at the end of the game. So that tells you something also. I would never buy a game that offers only 1 $40 ticket for each pack, as oppose to a game that offers 1 $40 ticket and 1 $50 ticket as well for each pack.

New games historically offer worse odds than their predecessors. And the winning numbers on any particular ticket seem to dwindle. Used to be six winning numbers on a $5 ticket, now it's mostly four numbers. Used to be ten winning numbers on a $10 ticket, now it 6 or 8. Etc, etc.

Skippack, PA
              United States
              Member #139391
              February 21, 2013
              87 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2016, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Either way, I think the smaller stores seem to have higher odds of having winners.  Never seem to get any decent winners at the big chain stores.

There is always a direct correlation of # of big winners at a store to the number of tickets sold at those stores.  Simply put, the more tickets a store sells, the more often they'll have winners and 'appear' to be lucky. 

The challenge lately, is that the lottery is controlling what is being sold where by installing the lottery vending machines.  There are limited slots in those machines to dispense tickets, so they're normally filled with the games that are either 'brand new' or dont have any top prizes remaining.   Do some analysis on which games to play and then have a look at your local retailers to see what games they're selling.

Now its time for you to start to

ScratchSmarter

25% off - use CouponCode: LotteryPost25Off