Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

South Carolina state law says no lottery vending machines

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 months ago by Theox-.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
backwoods ga
United States
Member #155844
May 31, 2014
1890 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2016, 7:41 am - IP Logged

todd can you talk to your  folks and see how can sc get onboard with all other states and bring some vending machines our way.... tired of dealing with these lottery hating ass convience store cashiers....     vending machines will increase sales   why dont sc like em.... maybe the lottery commisioner was born before 1950 and doesnt like technology        oan     maryland and virginia has the best lottery machines in the nation

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1245 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2016, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Holy cow!  I can read this post from a mile away.

Never give up.  Banana

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23267 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2016, 7:48 am - IP Logged

todd can you talk to your  folks and see how can sc get onboard with all other states and bring some vending machines our way.... tired of dealing with these lottery hating ass convience store cashiers....     vending machines will increase sales   why dont sc like em.... maybe the lottery commisioner was born before 1950 and doesnt like technology        oan     maryland and virginia has the best lottery machines in the nation

I have shrunk your font back to a reasonable size.  The big fonts are not intended to use on every post.  When you do that it shows that you are shouting.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

backwoods ga
        United States
        Member #155844
        May 31, 2014
        1890 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2016, 7:52 am - IP Logged

sc lottery wack   these maybe the reasons

Talking Points Against Lottery Ticket Vending Machines
        I. Over 1,000 People Oppose Lottery Ticket Vending Machines and Fewer than 40 Favor Them. a. The voters of Arkansas established the lottery; why not listen to them when they say that they oppose this expansion of the lottery? 

II. In Light of Overwhelming Opposition, the Commission Must Provide Compelling Reasons for Expanding the Lottery to Include Lottery Ticket Vending Machines. a. Lottery income has exceeded projections; why are machines necessary? b. Other states, like South Carolina, have successful lotteries without vending machines. Why does the Commission believe Arkansas’ lottery can’t be as successful as theirs?
        III. Lottery Ticket Vending Machines Lead to Illegal Underage Gambling. a. Vending machines make it easy for minors to buy lottery tickets using a stolen or borrowed ID. However, if a store clerk is involved in the transaction, it becomes much more difficult for a minor to buy lottery tickets using someone else’s ID. b. Minors can easily find someone 18 or older willing to cash-in a winning lottery ticket in exchange for a portion of the winnings.
        IV. Lottery Ticket Vending Machines Lead to Compulsive Gambling. a. The “continuous play” ability to play continuously with few interruptions is a well known factor in problem gambling and gambling addictions.
        V. The Proposed Rule Changes are Deficient. a. Allows continuous playing of the lottery via machine, thereby contributing to addiction and problem gambling behavior. b. Lack of monitoring of the machines. c. If driver’s licenses are used as a means of age verification, what type of personally identifiable information will be gathered?  i. How will it be stored, and how will it be used? The rules make no provisions for these concerns.
        VI. The Lottery Staff and Commission Have Demonstrated a Lack of Transparency. a. They did not open a public comment period until Family Council made the machines a public issue. b. They did not schedule a public hearing until Family Council began gathering comments from the public regarding the machines. c. They did not publicize the public hearing until Family Council sent a Freedom of Information request asking how the hearing had been publicized.  d. The lottery commission only received four public comments regarding lottery vending machines, while Family Council collected over 1,200.
        VII. According to Lottery Officials, Each Lottery Ticket Vending Machine Will Cost $50,000.

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          555 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2016, 9:48 am - IP Logged

SC has a bad history with poker machines and other gaming machines.  Maybe they don't want to have to police machines.  Since they were outlawed they keep finding them in all kinds of places truck stops, back rooms of clubs, bars, in folks houses.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #18322
            July 9, 2005
            1704 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2016, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

South Carolina is Slow to Change and Evolve in keeping with the times.   I Agree!

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
              Member #148698
              November 9, 2013
              96 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2016, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I recently made a trip to Atlanta and their lottery machines are beautiful. It's so nice to cut out the middle man. Every state with a lottery needs vending machines.