Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The maximum tax bracket!

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Inland Empire
United States
Member #118116
October 22, 2011
316 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2016, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I can live with 25% tax withholding but seriously? I can do a lot of good things with the additional 15% of tax bracket. 

Since I live near LA and many of my friends are animators, maybe I can setup a non-profit animation studio that does a lot of research on new graphics technology?

As for those who oppose the idea, well...at least I am creating jobs.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1244 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2016, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Non-profit animation studio?  LOL!  Good luck with that.  When I hear non-profit I usually think of charities...But then thats just me.  BTW what does this have to do with the lottery?

Never give up.  Banana

Inland Empire
      United States
      Member #118116
      October 22, 2011
      316 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2016, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

You know, the aftermath of a jackpot called the tax.

And there are many non profit film production companies. And same with animation studios.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
        Member #106923
        February 27, 2011
        476 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I can live with 25% tax withholding but seriously? I can do a lot of good things with the additional 15% of tax bracket. 

Since I live near LA and many of my friends are animators, maybe I can setup a non-profit animation studio that does a lot of research on new graphics technology?

As for those who oppose the idea, well...at least I am creating jobs.

Yes, the tax that will come due above the tax taken at the time of claim is a considerable amount when considering lottery jackpot wins.  I agree, much could be done with this additional tax, however, there is not a choice in the matter.  The taxman is alive and well.  Setting up a non-profit will not balance this burden.  One must look at the actual net amount they won and not dwell on the taxes as an amount they think they lost.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

LA Ca.
          United States
          Member #172750
          February 3, 2016
          88 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Instead of a non-profit animation studio, you might want to consider a non-profit animation school.

Inland Empire
            United States
            Member #118116
            October 22, 2011
            316 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2016, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Instead of a non-profit animation studio, you might want to consider a non-profit animation school.

Or simply an art school that actually teaches how to draw, paint, and sculpt to get an actual job in the industry!!!!

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
              Brooklyn, NY
              United States
              Member #169723
              October 29, 2015
              877 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:04 am - IP Logged

Currently, the maximum federal tax is 39.6%. At the time you win, the IRS collects 25% leaving you to owe the remaining 14.6% on April 15 the following year. 

Just take the amount equal to 14.6% of your winnings an invest it so it will make interest. At least you end up making something with it before you have to pay up.

$330.6 x 14.6% is about $48 mil. That can generate a lot of interest if invested correctly.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot