Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

10X Powerplay multiplier

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 4 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
Upstate NY
United States
Member #174656
May 5, 2016
753 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2016, 1:20 am - IP Logged

They did the matrix change and introduced the 10X multiplier almost a year ago and yet it hasn't happened even once. Anyone wanna guess if/when it'll come? I just have this feeling that it's gonna come on Wednesday but i want to hear what other people think before i decide whether or not to buy a $3 ticket. Also does anyone else hear about the 10X and feel like it's rigged despite normally having trust in the lottery? 

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19752 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2016, 10:58 am - IP Logged

All you can do is try.

Good Luck Dance

Let it Snow Snowman

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
      Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #153774
      March 24, 2014
      852 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2016, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

I swear there was something mentioned on this website that I'm not sure and I agree what's the point of it

United States
        Member #169365
        October 13, 2015
        135 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2016, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

When the JP is below $250M, they replace one of the the 5X with a 10X.  I dont recall the breakdown for quantity of multipler balls, but as low as 5X is drawn, 10X will be even lower.  Its bound to come up in 1-in-300 draws, but that's once every 3-years.  It's only been a possibilty for 9-months now, even less if you count the 7-weeks the JP has been over $250M.  All time-frames above are approximate.

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
          Zaperlopopotam
          Belgium
          Member #173932
          March 26, 2016
          950 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2016, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

What is a multiplier?

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #169277
            October 10, 2015
            630 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2016, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

The chance of the 10x multiplier is 1 in 43.  May  as well just forget about it and just be pleasantly surprised if it ever shows on a day you manage to match a few numbers.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3047 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

When the JP is below $250M, they replace one of the the 5X with a 10X.  I dont recall the breakdown for quantity of multipler balls, but as low as 5X is drawn, 10X will be even lower.  Its bound to come up in 1-in-300 draws, but that's once every 3-years.  It's only been a possibilty for 9-months now, even less if you count the 7-weeks the JP has been over $250M.  All time-frames above are approximate.

Powerball website says it has to be $150 million and below to get the 10x powerplay number so fat chance it shows up any time soon.-weshar75

US Flag

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5588 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

What is a multiplier?

Powerplay for Powerball and Megaply for MegaMillions.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Philadelphia, PA
                  United States
                  Member #153774
                  March 24, 2014
                  852 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

$125 million you mean but yeah I think its rediculous.

Upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #174656
                    May 5, 2016
                    753 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:30 am - IP Logged

The max level is 150M but thanks! We've only had 7 weeks when the jackpot was above 250M? That doesn't feel right (even though it's quite possible) because of all the big jackpots we've seen over the past few months.

Upstate NY
                      United States
                      Member #174656
                      May 5, 2016
                      753 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:45 am - IP Logged

The chance of the 10x multiplier is 1 in 43.  May  as well just forget about it and just be pleasantly surprised if it ever shows on a day you manage to match a few numbers.

Frown The $40 prize for just getting the powerball is really attractive, but i guess that's probably why they offer it.If it was offered for a more reasonable amount (like under 350M) then i would buy powerplay for a lot of draws but spending three dollars for a jackpot i wouldn't otherwise even consider keeps me from spending it. Meh, I'm not gonna buy this draw, I'll wait a few and get it right before the maximum.

Philadelphia, PA
                        United States
                        Member #153774
                        March 24, 2014
                        852 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2016, 9:45 am - IP Logged

They did the matrix change and introduced the 10X multiplier almost a year ago and yet it hasn't happened even once. Anyone wanna guess if/when it'll come? I just have this feeling that it's gonna come on Wednesday but i want to hear what other people think before i decide whether or not to buy a $3 ticket. Also does anyone else hear about the 10X and feel like it's rigged despite normally having trust in the lottery? 

I think it's a marketing ploy to get more people to play.  It's  a shame that most people fall for it.  This lottery just isn't the same.  When I heard about the changes of 10x couldn't they just expand to maybe another $50m. 

Also how many people actually know that there is a 10x option if they decide to do it in a drawing.   You're absolutely right Kingofearth there hasn't been a drawing with the powerplay of 10 yet. 

The multiplier originally looked a lot better.  As soon as they raised to $2 and $1 extra I knew something was wrong.

If you want to play it it's up to you.  I really wouldn't because you don't know when it's going to.  However you have decent number predictions on here like other members do.

One week several members have the correct numbers and powerball and another week maybe one or two.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                          Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          877 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:12 am - IP Logged

If you look at the Winner Summary for Powerball, you will see that the percentage of winners that have chosen to pay an extra $1 for the Powerplay option is about 16% on average.

This chart only shows the winners. There's no way of telling how many non-winning tickets were purchased with the Powerplay.

Powerball Winner Summary for Saturday, July 30th, 2016

POWERBALL
                          Winners
                          Power Play
                          Total
                          Jackpot (Match 5 + PB)

Match 5
                          Match 4 + Powerball
                          Match 4
                          Match 3 + Powerball
                          Match 3
                          Match 2 + Powerball
                          Match 1 + Powerball
                          Match Powerball Only
                          Total Winning Tickets

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                            Brooklyn, NY
                            United States
                            Member #169723
                            October 29, 2015
                            877 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Frown The $40 prize for just getting the powerball is really attractive, but i guess that's probably why they offer it.If it was offered for a more reasonable amount (like under 350M) then i would buy powerplay for a lot of draws but spending three dollars for a jackpot i wouldn't otherwise even consider keeps me from spending it. Meh, I'm not gonna buy this draw, I'll wait a few and get it right before the maximum.

If you look at the Powerball Number Frequency list, it shows that since 9/30/15 2X has been drawn 44 times, 3X 33 times, 4X 6 times and 5X 4 times. 10X has never been drawn.

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_frequency.asp

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot