Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Floating Filter strategy to get more winning tickets and eliminate tickets unlikely to win

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 months ago by maxodds.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
maxodds's avatar - max
Jupiter, FL
United States
Member #154501
April 18, 2014
74 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Hey guys here's another strategy I want to show you today called Floating Filters.

So am sure you know what filters are, for example, a counting filter. The lottery is not likely to play four counting number like 1, 20, 21, 22, 23, so we apply a filter and not play these tickets any at all. This is a kind of static filter.

Now a floating filter is used to temporarily avoid a ticket we would normally play.

There is a pattern i like to call Odd Even Sequence. For example a number in the 5/39 game of 1, 9, 20, 23, 38, the odd even sequence for this is odd,odd,even,odd,even. Studying past results shows that on average only 2 percent of the time the same odd even sequence is drawn on the next draw. So if I am playing a bunch of tickets I normally void out tickets that have the same Odd Even Sequence as the last drawing.

Similar patterns can be noted also and voided for the next draws, utilizing the floating filter concept.

On the flipside the lottery is known to play mostly a mix of odd and even numbers and not all even or odd numbers. so we would use static filters to avoid these tickets.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19894 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2016, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing sounds interesting Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

walkman's avatar - lamborghini logo2_zpsaenm11l8.jpg
      miami
      United States
      Member #46038
      September 2, 2006
      128 Posts
      Posted: August 15, 2016, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Well I haven't consiously used the odd/even method. I just looked at the numbers that were cold or overdue. Is the odd even pattern a good strategy? Can an odd/even pattern become cold or overdue over time. Say for instance the numbers 8, 11, 24, 27, 36 (that would be even, odd, even, odd, even) hasn't shown up for 2 months, can I infer that this pattern is overdue?

maxodds's avatar - max
        Jupiter, FL
        United States
        Member #154501
        April 18, 2014
        74 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2016, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Thats an interesting idea walkman, to look at overdue odd even patterns, but this would be my take. I dont think there is any connection between the digits that make up the odd even sequence to make them due again some time soon, it really might be a while before a particular odd even sequence come up again. What I do know though is that when an odd even sequence plays today, it is not likely to play tomorrow, infact only 2 out of a hundred draws  an odd even sequence will repeat. So in short, I wouldnt look for overdue odd even sequence. I would use odd even sequence as a floating filter, if it plays today, I will not play it tomorrow.

The odd even pattern is a good strategy to use as a floating filter.

Likewise I dont think i would look for overdue pairs, I dont think there is any connection between the two numbers to make them come out the machine together.

We could all win the lottery today!