Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There are just too much Top Prize hit in one location from N.Y.S.

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 months ago by Linking.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Brooklyn New York
United States
Member #176360
August 1, 2016
37 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I been trying to figure out how did I miss those top prize on games I barely play now compare to past. I play in stores and when I come back the next time couple of days or so they reveal a top prize has been won in the past day or so. There are total of about 10 top prizes that has been hit on scratch of games this year in Brooklyn in half a year, that is very conspiring to me. How the heck did I miss those scratch of games. 3 Million on $10 Frenzy, Boro Park, 1k a week for life in Bensonhurst, 1 mill on Queen of Green in Bensonhurst, 300k on a 5$ cashword in Bensonhurst, 60k on a 3$ game somewhere in Brooklyn, 7 million on N.Y. million somewhere in Brooklyn, 150k on Bonaza somewhere in Brooklyn(Counting that as top), and a few other games. Will another hit another top in Brooklyn before the year is over?

The only way is to get lucky. But there are games that have been Jaw dropping because allot of top has been captured. N.Y. Million has 2 top won in less than half a year this year. I would prevent yourself from playing that game, no other top will be taken anytime soon. 3 millions frenzy has 3 top prize hit in 8 months, that is allot. I would also prevent from playing that game. Cash 100x has 1 left but there are tons of 10k that has been won in past months, so if you still thinking 10k play it otherwise prevent from playing that game for some time. The only game I think Brooklyn might hit again is $5 Frenzy which should be one of the overdue games, since there are still 3 jackpot left in circulation and its been over 1-2 year that no one hit since the last one. Another bound to due is 1 million cashword and you might see Bonaza to be hit anytime soon. Bonaza has allot of tickets in circulation and one of the fast sellers. I would try to be careful because the jackpot could be in any numbers. But my guess is book number x tickets in each book must be close to the hit rate of the top prize in each game for a chance to hit a JP. If it is a new release than it should be in the first set of book number range to contain a JP other wise you just mulitiply that by number of JP that would hit. It either 2 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd and etc. 50000 book number is 50000 x 50 2.5 mill tickets printed on a $20 game, let say Bonaza but that 2.5 mill tickets printed is no where near the hit rate of Bonaza, so I would believe that no where near a JP hit yet.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2016, 7:41 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22860 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2016, 8:19 am - IP Logged

Well, don't feel so bad, there are  a lot of people in New York. You would have had to be there either the second the

ticket came next in line for purchase whether at the counter or in an IVM. No traffic jams, no car problems, no over-

sleeping, no putting going out off for a minute to get your phone....Or you could have done all those things and missed

it too...or none of them and walked too fast or slow that day...or how about this?..you were not there the day someone

bought and won the top prize. How could you miss it? Easy. Think of all the stores in your area too....way too many

probably. Where the heck were the tops? And who knows that? Knowing which ticket to buy is difficult.

I'd say go on your information you posted here and play what's left that you think has a chance. Just don't stop to 

take the trash out, hold the door for someone, hold out for a better parking space or even stop to pick up a quarter

on the street...seconds count. Thumbs Up Choosing the right store might just be a real problem though. Thudgl!

Brooklyn New York
        United States
        Member #176360
        August 1, 2016
        37 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I somewhat agree but there is a thing called book numbers. Each group of book numbers segregate a line between the first top prize to the next. A book number of 0010000 to 0000001 is low number because it display that a release of a new game of a scratch off! Who there be a jp in this range when comparing to the hit rate of winning a jp? The answer is probably no. If so there wouldn't be 2 or more jp in this range. If the lottery release the jp in a particular range they may take it back when it's out of order that might prevent someone from hitting. I believe that's unfair.

New York
          United States
          Member #157288
          July 14, 2014
          170 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2016, 7:33 am - IP Logged

Although I generally agree that NYS is questionable at best in their practices, you have to consider that in NYC you can have 3 or more vendors on the same block whereas upstate you might only find one at a gas station or supermarket/pharmacy. Around my gym we had 3 on one side of the street, one across the street and another on the next block. On my way to the bus stop I walk by 3 within 2 blocks and another 4 in the walk from the bus to the train which is a one block walk.

I am familiar with the areas you listed in Brooklyn. They have this in common, older homeowners (house paid for) with disposable income. South Brooklyn moves a lot of tickets. Some of these stores have huge instant ticket displays with 2-4 books of every game AND have vending machines to boot.

Brooklyn New York
            United States
            Member #176360
            August 1, 2016
            37 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2016, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I agree! Staten Island is where stores are scatter hard to scout through them, they are like traveler's town. But they might have it! But you might find out now that cash checking places might hold lottery but they market them mostly in machine or instead. They might have it so you have to ask every place!