Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia's Jumbo Bucks Lotto

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 months ago by ressuccess.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Covington, GA
United States
Member #167934
August 7, 2015
147 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2016, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

So I can't find much of anything on this game in the forum. There's literally only been 4-6 winners since it started last year and you can see sales going down. I've tracked it and there's only a winner every 4 months or so. It's not very popular either, probably because the payouts aren't the best compared to the odds. I think GA should revamp the game and make the odds better, or add more payouts. What good would it do to send an email to lottery officials?

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    555 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2016, 6:14 am - IP Logged

Mass Megabucks Doubler is like Ga Jumbo Lotto. $1 to win millions, worth a try--get a multi-draw ticket and see what happens.  I started playing Megabucks because they send the ticket by UPS.

As for the lottery changing the game--they won't as long as it makes money for them.

Good luck if you decide to play.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
      New Hampshire
      United States
      Member #136492
      December 12, 2012
      322 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2016, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about the popularity or profitability of this game as I'm not a Georgia resident. I do play and know about several of the state jackpot games in the US and Georgia Jumbo Bucks is one that I would actually play. The payouts for this 6/47 game are comparable to the 6/49 games Ohio Classic Lotto and Washington State Lotto with obviously better JP winning odds. Mass Megabucks Doubler (6/49) does have much better 2nd and 3rd prize levels ($2,500 doubler $5,000, and $100 doubler $200) which makes it a slightly more attractive game.

From what I can tell the jackpot increases seem to be about $100,000 per drawing which is decent for a state game and the $1,000,000 starting jackpot isn't bad, besting Mass Megabucks Doubler which is half of that. Personally given the opportunity if I was on vacation down there I would pick up 5 lines of this game for 26 consecutive drawings. 

Good luck if you decide for yourself to give it a go!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
        Member #93164
        June 23, 2010
        1322 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to everyone who plays this game.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!