Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win for life tickets

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 months ago by wander73.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #153774
March 24, 2014
854 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2016, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know if anyone has ever won on these tickets?   cash for life,  win for life, etc. 

What is the payout?   How long on the payout?  Would anyone actually stop working?

Washington,Michigan
    United States
    Member #11416
    February 13, 2005
    596 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2016, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Some guy from New York won cash for life. $1,500 week for life.  He got 1.5 millions all at one time. After tax that like $900,000. I don't know how much he got but his check said 1.5 million.

Ga
      United States
      Member #120454
      December 20, 2011
      141 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2016, 2:11 am - IP Logged

I think it is guaranteed for 20 years, that is what the cash value is based on. If I won. I would do a little math see if I could just live on part of winnings and invest rest. Would need to get the higher w8n for l8fe games though.

New York
        United States
        Member #157288
        July 14, 2014
        170 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2016, 9:05 am - IP Logged

Cash 4 Life has two different for life payouts. One is 1,000 a day for life. The other is 1,000 a week. They have a garunteed minimum payout of 7 million ans 2 million i believe. There have been several winners of both prizes including at least one unclaimed and since expired winner.

Win for life instant games have the garunteed amount on the ticket. They range from 2-10 million.

Whether or not toy can retire on winning depends on your lifestyle. The smallest amount is 1,000 a week or 4k a month. Thsts 48k a year before taxes. An individuals circumstances might allow them to stop working esoecially if they already have a pension.

1K a day minimum 7 million

1K a week

1.5K a week

2.5K a week minimun 2 million 

5K a week minimum 5 million

10K a week minimum 10 million

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
          Member #176419
          August 4, 2016
          111 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2016, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I have played cash for life scratch offs in most of their denominations and have little to show for it. Probably spent several hundred dollars and got back a third.

Philadelphia, PA
            United States
            Member #153774
            March 24, 2014
            854 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2016, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I have played cash for life scratch offs in most of their denominations and have little to show for it. Probably spent several hundred dollars and got back a third.

Can you elaborate on that more so you got a lot less than what their advertising is what you're saying

Philadelphia, PA
              United States
              Member #153774
              March 24, 2014
              854 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2016, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Cash 4 Life has two different for life payouts. One is 1,000 a day for life. The other is 1,000 a week. They have a garunteed minimum payout of 7 million ans 2 million i believe. There have been several winners of both prizes including at least one unclaimed and since expired winner.

Win for life instant games have the garunteed amount on the ticket. They range from 2-10 million.

Whether or not toy can retire on winning depends on your lifestyle. The smallest amount is 1,000 a week or 4k a month. Thsts 48k a year before taxes. An individuals circumstances might allow them to stop working esoecially if they already have a pension.

1K a day minimum 7 million

1K a week

1.5K a week

2.5K a week minimun 2 million 

5K a week minimum 5 million

10K a week minimum 10 million

The key here is what you outlined.  Thank you for pointing that out.

New York
                United States
                Member #157288
                July 14, 2014
                170 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2016, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to add with cash 4 life the two top prizes get split in the event more than one person wins. So instead of 1K a day, two winners would split 500 a day. Same for the second prize.

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                  Member #138729
                  February 4, 2013
                  2867 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2016, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion, these are the only scratch games worth playing.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
                  MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
                  Click me
                  Open to EVERYONE- Click me

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
                    Member #176419
                    August 4, 2016
                    111 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2016, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Can you elaborate on that more so you got a lot less than what their advertising is what you're saying

Most of the tickets I bought in Florida ended up winning nothing. The few I did win only paid out the face value of the ticket itself and that was a $20 ticket. The $5 and $10 tickets have given me nothing but goose eggs. Maybe it's me but I took a stab at it and just got abused by it.

New York
                      United States
                      Member #157288
                      July 14, 2014
                      170 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2016, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Someone in Brooklyn just won the 10K a Week For Life jackpot and opted for the one time lump some. From a guaranteed 10 million he opted for the lump sum and after taxes is taking home 5.3 million.

As a side note this is the third 10K a Week jackpot sold in Brooklyn in the past 5 or so years, two were sold at stores near me, one of which I went to every week but never purchased games from them. This one, thank goodness was no where near me although I have past the store occasionally when I'm in the area.

Houston texas
                        United States
                        Member #176560
                        August 12, 2016
                        9 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2016, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

There are winners in those games just like any other scratch game. The odds are higher, the payout depends on the game but usually 20 years, I don't see why anyone would continue working, the advertised payout is annualized so if you win you have the option of getting the cash value option which is one lump sum payment about a little more than half the advertised jackpot.

New York
                          United States
                          Member #157288
                          July 14, 2014
                          170 Posts
                          Posted: August 22, 2016, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

I just remembered a couple of years ago a guy in NY won a scratch off named Win for Life Spectacular. Guaranteed payout of 10 million or 10K a week for life. However the "For Life" has a cavet. If you take the life payments you get 520K a year for 20 years, then after the payout drops to 120 or 180K a year, i forget which. 

I would often be baffled as to why relatively young winners choose the lump sum instead of the annuity until i read about this.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            605 Posts
                            Posted: August 22, 2016, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I just remembered a couple of years ago a guy in NY won a scratch off named Win for Life Spectacular. Guaranteed payout of 10 million or 10K a week for life. However the "For Life" has a cavet. If you take the life payments you get 520K a year for 20 years, then after the payout drops to 120 or 180K a year, i forget which. 

I would often be baffled as to why relatively young winners choose the lump sum instead of the annuity until i read about this.

Half a million for 20 years and then a guaranteed 100k/yr paycheck for every year after?

In my opinion, I'd say the annuity is a no brainer for anyone in the 20-40 range. Any older than that, then I can see the lump sum being the safest route.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                              Member #165244
                              March 30, 2015
                              227 Posts
                              Posted: August 22, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Had to go to NYC this past weekend bought  $20 worth of Win for Life tickets got  Zilch...Living in Upstate NY where there are hardly any winners I expected that here. Buy at least thought in the bigger city I would get something back...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...