Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Getting texts with lottery results

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 4 months ago by mt5294.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #176659
August 18, 2016
6 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2016, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Before you say anything, yes, I've already gone through the steps to find where to do that. However, when I attempted to click on either of the two games to get the menu that offers me to get the results sent to my phone, I clicked on that option and it told me that that page doesn't exist. So, what I need to know is whether they don't offer to send texts with the lottery results anymore or not. Another thing is that I emailed the Lottery Post people about this days ago and have not heard back from them at all. Their acknowledgment email just said that they may not email me back if they think the answer is already in the forum. I've done a search in the forum here, but I didn't find anything that pertained to this situation. That's why I decided to post this question in here.

Thanks, in advance, for any info you can provide me.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2016, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Before you say anything, yes, I've already gone through the steps to find where to do that. However, when I attempted to click on either of the two games to get the menu that offers me to get the results sent to my phone, I clicked on that option and it told me that that page doesn't exist. So, what I need to know is whether they don't offer to send texts with the lottery results anymore or not. Another thing is that I emailed the Lottery Post people about this days ago and have not heard back from them at all. Their acknowledgment email just said that they may not email me back if they think the answer is already in the forum. I've done a search in the forum here, but I didn't find anything that pertained to this situation. That's why I decided to post this question in here.

Thanks, in advance, for any info you can provide me.

Are you talking about mobile RSS Feeds for Lottery Results ???  I didn't see an option for receiving game results [actual winning numbers by state] under RSS information.  However, I'm not too familiar with how RSS Feed works in the first place.

PM TODD again.

Update ......

I think it's the Lottery Results Gadget RSS Feed for Windows 7 [to receive actual winning numbers].  However, most people are using Windows 8.1 or 10 by now, so maybe this little Gadget doesn't work anymore.

United States
      Member #176659
      August 18, 2016
      6 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2016, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

What I've been doing to get the winning numbers is to keep going to the website to check them. I'm interested in the Illinois Lottery winning numbers for both the Powerball and Mega Millions games. Each is played twice a week. I used to get the numbers from this website on those two lottery games sent to my old cell phone. I've got a new phone recently and I want to be able to stop them from sending it to the old phone and start sending it to the new phone. I just don't remember what the 5-digit number combination is to tell this website that I want to subscribe to getting those two games sent to my new phone.

You were talking about Windows 7, 8.1, or 10. I think you're assuming I meant getting the winning numbers sent to my email address. That's not what I want. I want them sent to my phone.

United States
        Member #176659
        August 18, 2016
        6 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2016, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the www.lotterypost.com/results page, and you scroll down to the bottom of the gray area, you'll see a section that reads: 

Lottery Post delivers the highest quality lottery results on the Internet, including:

• Quickest – You get the winning numbers right after they're announced
        • Most Accurate – We constantly check for corrections made by the lottery
        • Complete – Every game in every country we cover
        • Mobile – Results instantly delivered to your cell phone
        • Versatile – See past results and statistics, and use the most powerful lottery search engine in the industry

In red is where it says they can send you winning number results to your cell phone. That's what I'm trying to get to my new phone. When I follow the instructions to do that, the page that comes up tells me the page doesn't exist. So, how else do I get those numbers sent to my phone? That's what I need to know at this point.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
          Philadelphia, PA
          United States
          Member #153774
          March 24, 2014
          856 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2016, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Security concerns in the email and depending on who their provider and web hosting is that is your answer

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49709 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2016, 6:23 am - IP Logged

Are you talking about mobile RSS Feeds for Lottery Results ???  I didn't see an option for receiving game results [actual winning numbers by state] under RSS information.  However, I'm not too familiar with how RSS Feed works in the first place.

PM TODD again.

Update ......

I think it's the Lottery Results Gadget RSS Feed for Windows 7 [to receive actual winning numbers].  However, most people are using Windows 8.1 or 10 by now, so maybe this little Gadget doesn't work anymore.

On the Results Page: Click on More: Click on Send Results to Cell Phone!

Page Not Found Instead of Instructions of what to do next!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
              Member #176659
              August 18, 2016
              6 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2016, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Wander73, I don't know what you're trying to say in your response. Are you saying that Lottery post definitely no longer offers texts sent to people with the winning lottery numbers because of some sort of security concerns via email? Is there some post about this or article that Lotty Post put out a while back that talked about this? Can you please provide me with the link to the page where I can read about that? Thanks.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23262 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2016, 8:25 am - IP Logged

If you look at the www.lotterypost.com/results page, and you scroll down to the bottom of the gray area, you'll see a section that reads: 

Lottery Post delivers the highest quality lottery results on the Internet, including:

• Quickest – You get the winning numbers right after they're announced
                • Most Accurate – We constantly check for corrections made by the lottery
                • Complete – Every game in every country we cover
                • Mobile – Results instantly delivered to your cell phone
                • Versatile – See past results and statistics, and use the most powerful lottery search engine in the industry

In red is where it says they can send you winning number results to your cell phone. That's what I'm trying to get to my new phone. When I follow the instructions to do that, the page that comes up tells me the page doesn't exist. So, how else do I get those numbers sent to my phone? That's what I need to know at this point.

Sorry, the service is currently offline, but I have intentions to bring it back at some point.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                  Member #176659
                  August 18, 2016
                  6 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2016, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for replying and letting us know that that service is temporarily not available. I hope it comes back soon.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49709 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2016, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for replying and letting us know that that service is temporarily not available. I hope it comes back soon.

Their may be other sources for the results you are looking for:

Google: Lottery Results Mobile Alerts!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                      Member #93164
                      June 23, 2010
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2016, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't get any text to get the lottery results. I usually get it from my cell phone to get the lottery results to see if there is a jackpot winner.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

United States
                        Member #176659
                        August 18, 2016
                        6 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2016, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I don't get any text to get the lottery results. I usually get it from my cell phone to get the lottery results to see if there is a jackpot winner.

Ressuccess,

The thing is that my sister-in-law is the one who plays these games, and she doesn't want to be the one to get results sent to her phone. I don't know if she thinks she just won't know the steps to do it, or whether she just doesn't want a strange website to have her cell phone number. lol  She'd rather have me forward them from my cell phone to hers. So, if I use a lottery app, how do I see the lottery results? Is it in the form of a text, and if not, is there a way to send those results via text to my sister-in-law?