Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will the States Pic 3 and Pic 4 games remain unaltered?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 3 months ago by Theox-.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
N.C.
United States
Member #56005
October 28, 2007
830 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2016, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions began on August 31, 1996 as the Big Game with the exception of the jackpot the prizes were smaller than comparable lotteries. but the big jackpots drew alot of attention and revenue. soon a 5/49 1/25 game grew into a 5/52 1/52 and now it is a 5/75 1/15. they added a multiplier to increase the ticket price. those crafty lottery officials increased the odds by adding numbers to the bet pool time and time again in order to reduce payouts. adding insult to injury they reduced the prize money for hitting the moneyball. They have completely ruined the game for me. It was my favorite. I don't even play it anymore. They did the same thing with Powerball. its not just multi state lotteries either I remember when Florida added more numbers to thier pic 6.

My question, and there are no right or wrong answers here. Do you believe that States have considered or have debated to do away with, or modify, the Pic 3's and 4s in order to draw more revenue or limit cash payouts?

and if such proposition was put forth to the State senate or lottery office, what could we as players do, (within the confines of the law of course) to detour the powers to be?

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

Clascrck's avatar - Lottery-067.jpg
    Florence Alabama
    United States
    Member #175280
    June 8, 2016
    2 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2016, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

I think that the computer generated pick 3 and pick 4 states are running certain  programs that manipulate numbers with the least amount of bets on a certain number to be drawn  A good example is Tennessee

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2016, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

If the states changed the pick 3 and pick 4 games, they could no longer call those games pick 3 or pick 4.

I have noticed that some states are adding a pick 2 as well as pick 5.

Pick 2 seems like not enough payoff for the $1 cost and pick 5 seems like it might be too hard to hit.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Ny
        United States
        Member #167314
        July 5, 2015
        1805 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2016, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Yea maybe NY will make it an easier game somewhere from 0-6 haha they could only make pick 3/4 easier that'll never happen

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10350 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2016, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

LottoAce, 

LottoMetro could probably give you accurate figures on this but I think the lottery states biggest revenues are scratchers and then Pick 3.

Where I play of there if there's going to be any play slips that aren't available it's Pick 3.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
            Member #148698
            November 9, 2013
            96 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2016, 2:16 am - IP Logged

I think that the computer generated pick 3 and pick 4 states are running certain  programs that manipulate numbers with the least amount of bets on a certain number to be drawn  A good example is Tennessee

I sometimes wonder if multiple PB and MM drawings are held and they just broadcast the one with wanted results.