Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why I want to win now

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 3 months ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Baton Rouge, LA
United States
Member #4602
May 7, 2004
699 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2016, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I really need to win now. I'm a victim of the recent flooding in Louisiana and took 3 feet of water in my home. I have flood insurance, but they aren't getting in a hurry. It would be nice to win so I can get my house fixed, my cars replaced, and can go home.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    879 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2016, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I really need to win now. I'm a victim of the recent flooding in Louisiana and took 3 feet of water in my home. I have flood insurance, but they aren't getting in a hurry. It would be nice to win so I can get my house fixed, my cars replaced, and can go home.

Sorry you got flooded, but I think the insurance will pay off faster than you hitting the lottery.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5615 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2016, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

So sorry to hear you got flooded PrisonerSix. I do hope that you get a nice win to help out.

Hang in there!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
        Member #164727
        March 12, 2015
        2536 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2016, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Have you given thought in starting a go-fund-me page? I may start one for a relative who isn't doing well financially, while exhausting almost every possible alternative.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2659 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2016, 5:18 am - IP Logged

Have you given thought in starting a go-fund-me page? I may start one for a relative who isn't doing well financially, while exhausting almost every possible alternative.

bright Idea thar Amber123

hope things get better PrisonerSix,hang in thar and if you do win the Lotto

might I suggest you move some whars high and dry like maybe the nearest mountain hideaway jejeje

United States
            Member #176690
            August 20, 2016
            16 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2016, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Flooding is never fun to deal with, good luck, hope you get a win!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3856 Posts
              Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear...hope everything works out for you.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

QuickDrawDude's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #175422
                June 15, 2016
                59 Posts
                Posted: September 2, 2016, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Consider moving away from coastal areas due to climate change. Even if you hit for a substantial amount tomorrow in your state lottery an imminent flood or hurricane will turn your life upside down again.

It's a Cinderella story
                On a tumble of the dice - (Rush - The Big Money from Power Windows)

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: September 2, 2016, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

So sorry to hear about your being flooded, P6...seriously. It seems this region is taking a beating in the recent years and the insurance adjusters are never happy cutting checks with disasters like this. Sadly. Consider yourself both smart and fortunate enough to have taken out a policy as so many others didn't and are faced with 'how' they're actually gonna start over. Best of luck on everything, and, especially a win! 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2016, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

With so may victims effected I'm surprised they haven't formed a lottery pool since a MM or PB win could take care the problems of hundreds.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #157701
                      July 28, 2014
                      139 Posts
                      Posted: September 3, 2016, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your dilema. People are suffering like yourself and I hope you get some help your way.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                        Green Bay
                        United States
                        Member #169391
                        October 15, 2015
                        1249 Posts
                        Posted: September 3, 2016, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Consider moving away from coastal areas due to climate change. Even if you hit for a substantial amount tomorrow in your state lottery an imminent flood or hurricane will turn your life upside down again.

Climate change?  Hope you aren't blaming man for that.  If you are then tell me this... What caused the glaciers to melt that formed the great lakes?

Never give up.  Banana

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                          Member #106923
                          February 27, 2011
                          478 Posts
                          Posted: September 3, 2016, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Climate change?  Hope you aren't blaming man for that.  If you are then tell me this... What caused the glaciers to melt that formed the great lakes?

The Great Lakes were formed 6000 years ago when prehistoric dwellers held massive glacier melting tournaments with their newly discovered invention… fire. Tribes would travel far and wide to participate in hopes of winning the coveted woolly mammoth trophy tusk. One day a dweller saw sunlight piercing through a piece of natural quartz. He noticed the reflecting beam of light was so intense it fried an ant crossing the bright glowing pinpoint streak of light. Wham! The contest would never be the same. This man won the next 3 contests hands down before every other contestant discovered his secret. The events became so huge that the basins began filling from the runoff from the glacier melting contests, until the glaciers all were melted down thereby ending the tournaments and thus the lakes were formed.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                            Columbus, Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #128906
                            June 5, 2012
                            592 Posts
                            Posted: September 3, 2016, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I am so sorry that happened, hang in there

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                              Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #169723
                              October 29, 2015
                              879 Posts
                              Posted: September 3, 2016, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

The Great Lakes were formed 6000 years ago when prehistoric dwellers held massive glacier melting tournaments with their newly discovered invention… fire. Tribes would travel far and wide to participate in hopes of winning the coveted woolly mammoth trophy tusk. One day a dweller saw sunlight piercing through a piece of natural quartz. He noticed the reflecting beam of light was so intense it fried an ant crossing the bright glowing pinpoint streak of light. Wham! The contest would never be the same. This man won the next 3 contests hands down before every other contestant discovered his secret. The events became so huge that the basins began filling from the runoff from the glacier melting contests, until the glaciers all were melted down thereby ending the tournaments and thus the lakes were formed.

That is total BS

Green laugh

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot