Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The story of a lottery winner

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 3 months ago by IPlayWeekly.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1511 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2016, 4:50 am - IP Logged

September 1, 2016  OWN 7 - 8pm PST The story of a lottery winner. "Trust & Treachery" 2015 TV-14 V,L

I am on Xfinity on the West Coast, California. I found this while looking for the,"Fix My Life Series" featuring Marie Holmes. I will continue to check Oprah Winfrey's Network OWN for the Ivalyana's show featuring Marie Holmes. Please help me if you can. Thank you.

I have a feeling that "Trust & Treachery" will feature Abraham Lee Shakespeare. My guess.

Dance

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

sydney
    Australia
    Member #176878
    August 29, 2016
    15 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2016, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

"Abraham Lee Shakespeare"

I just read up on this case. While it is sad what happened to him, it is crazy that the he didn't pay the 1 million to the guy who purchased the lottery ticket for him.

If you won $17 million net, and the guy who purchased it for you wanted $1 million, that is just bad form to tell him no. I would have given it to him no worries. After that I would move, change my name and mobile number, and only contact certain people and disappear.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1511 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2016, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

"Abraham Lee Shakespeare"

I just read up on this case. While it is sad what happened to him, it is crazy that the he didn't pay the 1 million to the guy who purchased the lottery ticket for him.

If you won $17 million net, and the guy who purchased it for you wanted $1 million, that is just bad form to tell him no. I would have given it to him no worries. After that I would move, change my name and mobile number, and only contact certain people and disappear.

moonos, I am always happy to see contributions to my thread from a player in Australia. Welcome.

I believe that Michael Ford, his former meat delivery partner at MBM asked Shakespeare for an amount that would be fair in both of their eyes. Shakespeare said, NO.

In October 2007 the Ford v. Shakespeare trial was heard. Shakespeare's past was brought up by the Plaintiff's attorney. This angered Shakespeare. 

Shakespeare won the case.

I am using this information from the book, "Unlucky Numbers" by Deborah Mathis with Gregory Todd Smith.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
        NC
        United States
        Member #164399
        February 28, 2015
        1926 Posts
        Posted: September 2, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

September 1, 2016  OWN 7 - 8pm PST The story of a lottery winner. "Trust & Treachery" 2015 TV-14 V,L

I am on Xfinity on the West Coast, California. I found this while looking for the,"Fix My Life Series" featuring Marie Holmes. I will continue to check Oprah Winfrey's Network OWN for the Ivalyana's show featuring Marie Holmes. Please help me if you can. Thank you.

I have a feeling that "Trust & Treachery" will feature Abraham Lee Shakespeare. My guess.

Dance

Fix my Life with Marie Holmes will be starting on 9/10......it's a 4 part series thing I think.

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #157701
          July 28, 2014
          137 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2016, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Fix my Life with Marie Holmes will be starting on 9/10......it's a 4 part series thing I think.

Hard to imagine that she actually proceeded with that show. I have a feeling the help she gets won't do her much good.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
            Columbus, Ohio
            United States
            Member #128906
            June 5, 2012
            591 Posts
            Posted: September 3, 2016, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to watch