Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ATTN Australian Lotto Players

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 months ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Auckland
New Zealand
Member #176900
August 31, 2016
9 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2016, 5:55 am - IP Logged

I live across the ditch and was thinking about 'investing' in your lottery games. You have much more choice than we do in NZ but I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I'm correct in thinking that some of your options have worse odds than others. I've decided that the Monday & Wednesday games with a guaranteed $1mill for up to four players as being the best with the Saturday game coming next IF it reaches a decent enough jackpot amount.  What do you play? What do you avoid?

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    879 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I live across the ditch and was thinking about 'investing' in your lottery games. You have much more choice than we do in NZ but I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I'm correct in thinking that some of your options have worse odds than others. I've decided that the Monday & Wednesday games with a guaranteed $1mill for up to four players as being the best with the Saturday game coming next IF it reaches a decent enough jackpot amount.  What do you play? What do you avoid?

Personally, I have at least one ticket for Mega & Powerball each draw.

If I was out of the country, like you are, and wanted to play, I would try for the Mega Millions game since it offers slightly better odds than Powerball and it's only $1 per game instead of $2.

The Lotter advertises on Lottery Post. You might want to use them. Here's a link to The Lotter

https://<snip>/?tl_affid=8026

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2016, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

nice selections, yes mon / wed./ are the best game, actually the pools has the best odds, but tattersals dont own the rights to it, so they are only sold at state  stores. ie you cant buy via the online   application. 

i would suggest you use their official website now called thelott.com  as there is now comissions, and i see that NZ is a country that is allowed to buy tickets thru  it.

Saturday is the best game if you can win it on your own. but that never happens sat is a jackpoting game so its possible if no one wins that it will roll to 8 mill the following draw,....

tho i have never seen a roll until about 2 weeks ago

here is their official site
      https://thelott.com/tattersalls/results/tattslotto-latest-results?product=Tattslotto

oh and mon / wed/ sat  are my allways plays 
      tue and thur when the pot gets over $10 mill

set for life never play

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1707 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2016, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Save your money, it's probably hard enough for Australians to winPlay your own lottery at home in New Zealand.  Winning is a long shot anywhere, and thus, the odds don't really matter in either location.

If you were to win, being from New Zealand, playing through a lottery broker, think about the logistics of cashing in, in AustraliaYou have to have a valid [legal], signed ticket in hand, with a valid passport IDGetting your hands on the legal Australia lottery ticket, from your International lottery agent, may be easier said than done.

If you expect your International Lottery Agent to cash in a Multi-Million Dollar Jackpot winning lottery ticket for you, and then give you the Jackpot amount, minus their commission, with no problems in this transaction, then you are fooling yourselfIt won't be this easy for you.

Auckland
          New Zealand
          Member #176900
          August 31, 2016
          9 Posts
          Posted: September 5, 2016, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Thanks, savagegoose ....a perfect answer considering it basically agrees with what I was thinking. :)  Yes, I had found one of the Lott sites after initially thinking that the Oz Lotteries site was the place to play. Cheers.

Auckland
            New Zealand
            Member #176900
            August 31, 2016
            9 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2016, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Personally, I have at least one ticket for Mega & Powerball each draw.

If I was out of the country, like you are, and wanted to play, I would try for the Mega Millions game since it offers slightly better odds than Powerball and it's only $1 per game instead of $2.

The Lotter advertises on Lottery Post. You might want to use them. Here's a link to The Lotter

https://<snip>/?tl_affid=8026

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I'm too chicken to buy tickets from unofficial lottery ticket sellers.

Auckland
              New Zealand
              Member #176900
              August 31, 2016
              9 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2016, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Save your money, it's probably hard enough for Australians to winPlay your own lottery at home in New Zealand.  Winning is a long shot anywhere, and thus, the odds don't really matter in either location.

If you were to win, being from New Zealand, playing through a lottery broker, think about the logistics of cashing in, in AustraliaYou have to have a valid [legal], signed ticket in hand, with a valid passport IDGetting your hands on the legal Australia lottery ticket, from your International lottery agent, may be easier said than done.

If you expect your International Lottery Agent to cash in a Multi-Million Dollar Jackpot winning lottery ticket for you, and then give you the Jackpot amount, minus their commission, with no problems in this transaction, then you are fooling yourselfIt won't be this easy for you.

I'm not so sure I will have these problems when I purchase from the site recommended by savagegoose.

Auckland
                New Zealand
                Member #176900
                August 31, 2016
                9 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2016, 12:59 am - IP Logged

nice selections, yes mon / wed./ are the best game, actually the pools has the best odds, but tattersals dont own the rights to it, so they are only sold at state  stores. ie you cant buy via the online   application. 

i would suggest you use their official website now called thelott.com  as there is now comissions, and i see that NZ is a country that is allowed to buy tickets thru  it.

Saturday is the best game if you can win it on your own. but that never happens sat is a jackpoting game so its possible if no one wins that it will roll to 8 mill the following draw,....

tho i have never seen a roll until about 2 weeks ago

here is their official site
                https://thelott.com/tattersalls/results/tattslotto-latest-results?product=Tattslotto

oh and mon / wed/ sat  are my allways plays 
                tue and thur when the pot gets over $10 mill

set for life never play

It looks like The Pools is available through the Lott sites. Looks a little complicated at first glance.

sydney
                  Australia
                  Member #176878
                  August 29, 2016
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2016, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I used to play the pools but don't anymore.

I really wonder if people try to pick the game winners (highest scoring matches), or if they just use random numbers.

If you had a lot of knowledge of European soccer teams, would this really assist your chances?

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                    Member #153629
                    March 20, 2014
                    129 Posts
                    Posted: September 5, 2016, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Ozlotteries are acredited obline lottery reseller for Tattsloto in australia.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

Auckland
                      New Zealand
                      Member #176900
                      August 31, 2016
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: September 5, 2016, 5:37 am - IP Logged

Yes, I was aware of that. It's just that Oz Lotteries charges a little bit extra for tickets. Thanks. :)

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49813 Posts
                        Posted: September 5, 2016, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I'm too chicken to buy tickets from unofficial lottery ticket sellers.

No Risk: No Gain!

Go For It!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2016, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

It looks like The Pools is available through the Lott sites. Looks a little complicated at first glance.

thanks for that, the pools are ran by the state lotto  of south Australia, the rest of the games are all run by the Australian lotto group, ie  tattersals. I just looked and yeah I can now play the pools online just like all the other games.  looks like i'll be play a lot more pools now that i can auto play it.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297