Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Indiana Scratch-Off Thread

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 1 month ago by Zebekyia.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
QuickDrawDude's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #175422
June 15, 2016
59 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2016, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm buying the All Cash Millions Scratch-Off game. According the Hoosier Lottery website the odds look good. A 1 in 200 chance of hitting for $500. What are your favorite scratch-offs and how often do you play. What is your Scratch-Off strategy?

Post your winning tickets here.

It's a Cinderella story
On a tumble of the dice - (Rush - The Big Money from Power Windows)

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19767 Posts
    Posted: September 22, 2016, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Good Luck Lep

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
      Member #167585
      July 21, 2015
      55 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2016, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

If you knew how the Indiana lottery operates you would cease to play or play very selectively.  Case and point look at all the closed scratch offs this year with most closed in their favor of a greater percentage of jackpot prizes remaining then tickets remaining.  In some cases it's so bad that you can only assume corruption.  With the push for higher profits they have gotten more greedy.  Overall I wouldn't play that 30 dollar game as you'll lose more in the long run unless you are lucky enough to hit those 500's.

Let me grab the most glaring offenders and honestly could grab them all and do analysis, but this trend keeps getting worse and worse.

https://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/scratch-offs/current-games/2121-hot-5s-hot-streak

Closed with 3/3 jackpots remaining with 59% of the tickets remaining.  Must be nice to sell 41 % of tickets and not pay out top prizes.

I personally spent a ton of money on this game and the one above and should sue them for never really having a shot at these prizes.

https://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/scratch-offs/current-games/2062-20-years-of-cash

Closed with 2/3 jackpots remaining with 54.5 percent of tickets remaining.  Closed in their favor of 11% on top of what they already make off the game.

https://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/scratch-offs/current-games/2089-$5000-a-month-20-years-of-cash

Closed with 2/3 jackpots remaining with 53 percent of tickets remaining.  Closed in their favor an extra 12 percent. 

Summary:  There's no easier way to push your profits higher by selling a bigger majority of tickets and not allowing your top prizes to go out.  This is nothing short of stealing.

How I believe they are able to do this.  First on large print games they only take delivery on half the tickets up front.  They take delivery on these and get close to the end of the print.  At this time they come up with another game that is the same denomination aka 25 dollar game to replace it in most retailers.  Once they have most retailers with small displays they have them replace it.  At this time the sales of this game plummits which gives them the excuse not to order the next half of the game and to close it early.  If you see a trend in all of these games they were half the way through and the games with 3 jackpots had 1 printed jackpot in the first 50% of the print.  By ordering games like this they are able to maximize their profit margins and screw over the players in a somewhat immoral, but legal manner.

Florida
        United States
        Member #172872
        February 7, 2016
        603 Posts
        Posted: October 14, 2016, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

If you knew how the Indiana lottery operates you would cease to play or play very selectively.  Case and point look at all the closed scratch offs this year with most closed in their favor of a greater percentage of jackpot prizes remaining then tickets remaining.  In some cases it's so bad that you can only assume corruption.  With the push for higher profits they have gotten more greedy.  Overall I wouldn't play that 30 dollar game as you'll lose more in the long run unless you are lucky enough to hit those 500's.

Let me grab the most glaring offenders and honestly could grab them all and do analysis, but this trend keeps getting worse and worse.

https://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/scratch-offs/current-games/2121-hot-5s-hot-streak

Closed with 3/3 jackpots remaining with 59% of the tickets remaining.  Must be nice to sell 41 % of tickets and not pay out top prizes.

I personally spent a ton of money on this game and the one above and should sue them for never really having a shot at these prizes.

https://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/scratch-offs/current-games/2062-20-years-of-cash

Closed with 2/3 jackpots remaining with 54.5 percent of tickets remaining.  Closed in their favor of 11% on top of what they already make off the game.

https://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/scratch-offs/current-games/2089-$5000-a-month-20-years-of-cash

Closed with 2/3 jackpots remaining with 53 percent of tickets remaining.  Closed in their favor an extra 12 percent. 

Summary:  There's no easier way to push your profits higher by selling a bigger majority of tickets and not allowing your top prizes to go out.  This is nothing short of stealing.

How I believe they are able to do this.  First on large print games they only take delivery on half the tickets up front.  They take delivery on these and get close to the end of the print.  At this time they come up with another game that is the same denomination aka 25 dollar game to replace it in most retailers.  Once they have most retailers with small displays they have them replace it.  At this time the sales of this game plummits which gives them the excuse not to order the next half of the game and to close it early.  If you see a trend in all of these games they were half the way through and the games with 3 jackpots had 1 printed jackpot in the first 50% of the print.  By ordering games like this they are able to maximize their profit margins and screw over the players in a somewhat immoral, but legal manner.

Games closing with 2/3rd of jackpots remaining? Now that's absolutely criminal. People in Indiana should boycott the lottery until the lottery decides to implement games with more ethical practices. 

Indiana lottery has a serious problem.

Skippack, PA
          United States
          Member #139391
          February 21, 2013
          87 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2016, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Games closing with Top Prizes remaining happens in EVERY STATE that sells instant tickets.  They're simply out to make $$, not to give it all away.  But, because of this and all of the data they publish on their site on every game, you can figure out how to play only the very best instant games.  Here's ScratchSmarter's TOP 5 games to play for the Indiana Scratch off games for this week.  Our reports automatically track top prizes remaining, estimate total number of tickets sold and includes the 'end dates' published by the lotteries. 

Now its time for you to start to

ScratchSmarter

25% off - use CouponCode: LotteryPost25Off 

United States
            Member #167585
            July 21, 2015
            55 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2016, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Games closing with Top Prizes remaining happens in EVERY STATE that sells instant tickets.  They're simply out to make $$, not to give it all away.  But, because of this and all of the data they publish on their site on every game, you can figure out how to play only the very best instant games.  Here's ScratchSmarter's TOP 5 games to play for the Indiana Scratch off games for this week.  Our reports automatically track top prizes remaining, estimate total number of tickets sold and includes the 'end dates' published by the lotteries. 

You obviously didn't read the post and play us for stupid by saying it's okay.  Also, all you are doing is analyzing top prizes remaining per a percentage of tickets which can be done easily by just visiting the site.  Trying to legitimize theft with a blanket statement of it's ok it happens everywhere nothing to see here does not sit well with me.  Can you tell me how many states close games with 3/3 top prizes remaining after selling almost half the tickets?  There distribution system allows them to pull the game out of most stores to drive down sales to a point they are allowed to pull the game, but ScratchSmarter would like to tell you it's okay for them to steal your money don't worry about it.  If you want to post an add in a forum talking about corruption please don't deligitimize the topic at hand.

Skippack, PA
              United States
              Member #139391
              February 21, 2013
              87 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2016, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

You obviously didn't read the post and play us for stupid by saying it's okay.  Also, all you are doing is analyzing top prizes remaining per a percentage of tickets which can be done easily by just visiting the site.  Trying to legitimize theft with a blanket statement of it's ok it happens everywhere nothing to see here does not sit well with me.  Can you tell me how many states close games with 3/3 top prizes remaining after selling almost half the tickets?  There distribution system allows them to pull the game out of most stores to drive down sales to a point they are allowed to pull the game, but ScratchSmarter would like to tell you it's okay for them to steal your money don't worry about it.  If you want to post an add in a forum talking about corruption please don't deligitimize the topic at hand.

I'm sorry to have sped over the issue of the post and I apologize if my statement mis-represented anything as 'it's ok!'.  On the contrary, we find it repulsive and predatory that the lotteries keep pulling games where they have top prizes remaining.

What would help to understand the process the lotteries go through to pull games would be if they published the actual profits on every game they print.  But I have yet to find ANY state lottery that does this kind of publishing, which leads us all to ponder the corruption that is going on within the lottery system.  Some lotteries may have published laws on when they can pull games and others do not.  While I pull the info for EVERY GAME in EVERY STATE on a daily basis, I can tell you that no one is publishing why or when they are pulling games.  I can definitely tell you that EVERY STATE is different.  Some  pull big games early and some pull them later in the games life.  Is if fair?  NO  Does it happen?  YES. It is a FACT that happens in every state that sells lottery tickets. 

The lotteries are here to MAKE MONEY FOR THE STATE, not to give away the big prizes they advertise.

Please do no take my prior statements as stating 'it's ok'.  It isn't, in fact, it's the fundamental reason why we started our reports.  My personal goal is to shed light on the tricks that lotteries pull with instant scratch off games and try to teach anyone who plays to be SMART about how they buy their tickets.  The lotteries publish enough data to allow for analysis of which games are good to play and which games are not.  Use a service to analyze that data OR do it your self, but PLEASE don't just go out and buy any ticket, because a lot of the games across the country are being sold when there are NO top prizes remaining.  In this case, you might as well just hand money over to the tax office.

Now its time for you to start to

ScratchSmarter

25% off - use CouponCode: LotteryPost25Off 

United States
                Member #167585
                July 21, 2015
                55 Posts
                Posted: October 24, 2016, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry to have sped over the issue of the post and I apologize if my statement mis-represented anything as 'it's ok!'.  On the contrary, we find it repulsive and predatory that the lotteries keep pulling games where they have top prizes remaining.

What would help to understand the process the lotteries go through to pull games would be if they published the actual profits on every game they print.  But I have yet to find ANY state lottery that does this kind of publishing, which leads us all to ponder the corruption that is going on within the lottery system.  Some lotteries may have published laws on when they can pull games and others do not.  While I pull the info for EVERY GAME in EVERY STATE on a daily basis, I can tell you that no one is publishing why or when they are pulling games.  I can definitely tell you that EVERY STATE is different.  Some  pull big games early and some pull them later in the games life.  Is if fair?  NO  Does it happen?  YES. It is a FACT that happens in every state that sells lottery tickets. 

The lotteries are here to MAKE MONEY FOR THE STATE, not to give away the big prizes they advertise.

Please do no take my prior statements as stating 'it's ok'.  It isn't, in fact, it's the fundamental reason why we started our reports.  My personal goal is to shed light on the tricks that lotteries pull with instant scratch off games and try to teach anyone who plays to be SMART about how they buy their tickets.  The lotteries publish enough data to allow for analysis of which games are good to play and which games are not.  Use a service to analyze that data OR do it your self, but PLEASE don't just go out and buy any ticket, because a lot of the games across the country are being sold when there are NO top prizes remaining.  In this case, you might as well just hand money over to the tax office.

Thanks for the post and if you want some really interesting information I have quite a bit of experience in this area.  I'm pretty sure I have a couple valid lawsuits against atleat my home state which probably applies to a majority as most of the state lotteries are ran by the same firm.  The deeper you look into the statistics the more disgusted you get at what is done behind the scenes to push profits even higher at the expense of the player.  On the front of where most jackpot prizes are sold vs. tickets being sold I have an irregularity in my state and I can prove it via sales numbers which means that our state is participating in what I call ticket seeding.  AKA intentionally pulling higher tier prizes to send to an area of the state to boost sales and I have some data to back it up which is really irregular.  You can believe that it's random, but I'm on the belief it's not random at all.  If done correctly/morally it could be more random.