Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If I were Running The Michigan Lottery I would...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 months ago by Think.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2016, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

What would you do different with the Michigan Lottery?

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
    Member #138729
    February 4, 2013
    2873 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2016, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I might come back to the thread with some other ideas, but the main thing off the top of my head:

*Get rid of the RNG computer drawings!!! I refuse to play them. Poker is my life, and I don't even play the Poker Lotto because of the RNG computer drawings. Simply put, I don't trust them.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
    MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
    Click me
    Open to EVERYONE- Click me

QuickDrawDude's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #175422
      June 15, 2016
      59 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2016, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I might come back to the thread with some other ideas, but the main thing off the top of my head:

*Get rid of the RNG computer drawings!!! I refuse to play them. Poker is my life, and I don't even play the Poker Lotto because of the RNG computer drawings. Simply put, I don't trust them.

Smile

I never play the Hoosier Lottery Poker Lotto for the same reason.

It's a Cinderella story
      On a tumble of the dice - (Rush - The Big Money from Power Windows)

Marquette, MI
        United States
        Member #20541
        August 20, 2005
        705 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2016, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Ok, I took a day to let other people comment before I posted.

I would weed out the awful games like Daily Keno and Poker Lotto.  MSL has done this before when they ended Change Play and Zinger and Lucky Lines and that one weird card game they ended around the time the daily 4 came out (among others they ended).

There are too many games to have the rotten ones.

Next I would maintain the online ticket cost at $1 but would make up for the inflation element by offering optional extras.

As an example  I would have a $1 option on the Classic 47 that would pay out $5,000,000 cash along with the jackpot if you won the jackpot and paid for that option.  Next I would have a $1 option that would pay out fixed prizes if you won at the other prize levels

For example if you won a prize and paid the $1 you would get $5 plus the Optional fixed prize through $2500 plus the optional fixed prize.

I would offer both the Jackpot and the $5,000,000 cash as cash or annuities so you could take both as cash both as annuities or one as cash and the other as an annuity.  ( I suppose you would have to cap the liability to 5 or so $5,000,000 prizes ($25million cash) per draw (or whatever)

I would do similar things with Fantasy 5.

I would add the Daily 3 & 4 Options that we don't already have.

As far as the Multistates I would encourage the MUSL to switch the Powerball to a $5 LottoMax style ticket with a $300,000,000 Cash cap on the Top jackpot prize With better odds

Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: October 16, 2016, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I would have more disclosures on the website about scratch tickets like other states do.  Like having the overall payout for each game at the start.

And when you look to see what prizes are still around I would not list them as "available" I would list them as "unclaimed".

I would have more tickets with symbols or prize amounts to match instead of numbers matchers.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false