Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many times have you completely stopped playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 1 month ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4106 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2016, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Only to return to try your luck once again?  Winning or the thought of winning is pretty powerful so don't feel ashamed if you have returned on a number of occasions ! Big Smile

* Personally, l have not left.. .yet.

* Have happy Hump Day & rest of the week good people. Remain Healthy! 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1243 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2016, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Interesting subject.  I did quit about 5 years ago.  At the time I did really good trading pinksheet stocks.  Thought I could do it again, well, that didn't work out so well.  LOL!  So I continued trying my luck trying to figure out my favorite lottery game, Wisconsin Supercash.  I have my number chart so... IMO its just a matter of time until the numbers follow the pattern I predict.

Never give up.  Banana

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1684 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2016, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Yearly hiatus here.  Save money and clear my head. SOP for me.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3854 Posts
        Posted: October 5, 2016, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I was forced to quit...when I moved to CA. they didn't have lottery yet...does that count ?

Then along come prop 37 which I happily voted for and a year later..YAY ! Lottery !

This timed out just right for me as I quit smoking 9/18/85 and tix became available just weeks later.

I said to myself "I'm gonna buy lottery w/ my cigarette money !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
          Member #57793
          January 19, 2008
          2324 Posts
          Posted: October 5, 2016, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Green laughNever..

Marana AZ
            United States
            Member #145341
            August 3, 2013
            178 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2016, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

I was forced to quit...when I moved to CA. they didn't have lottery yet...does that count ?

Then along come prop 37 which I happily voted for and a year later..YAY ! Lottery !

This timed out just right for me as I quit smoking 9/18/85 and tix became available just weeks later.

Have you priced cigarettes lately?  A carton would buy quite a few lottery tickets nowadays.  When I quit smoking in '93, I was doing 2-1/2 packs a day, so almost 2 cartons a week.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              932 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2016, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

CONGRATS  EdG and haymaker for conquering that nasty cigarette habit.  I have never smoked but my husband did off and on a couple of times.  He hated cigarettes but said that was the habit hardest for him to break.

i stop buying tickets periodically when the big games reset but only for a few weeks at best.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3047 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2016, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I think after saturday night I am going to take a break until November's payday on big jackpot games and my state lotto.  Let us see how long that lasts.-weshar75

US Flag

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                  Member #71120
                  February 19, 2009
                  1209 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2016, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I can HONESTLY say I did quit playing the Tennessee Lottery.Its a scam,rigged,RNG,bull hocky...Im proud of myself...Ive lost thousands since 2004.when you get so fed up with the bull you say Ive had enough....Im sure they are not missing my money,a new person will start playing today or tomorrow,so whatever....In Murfreesboro they are missing my money...I never won nothing here,500 couple times,,,that keeps you playing...its been 6 months Lottery free...I got money money money in my account too,,,it feels so good I cant tell you how good it feels....I will never play here again.....PROMISE

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3854 Posts
                    Posted: October 6, 2016, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Have you priced cigarettes lately?  A carton would buy quite a few lottery tickets nowadays.  When I quit smoking in '93, I was doing 2-1/2 packs a day, so almost 2 cartons a week.

If I remember right, they were about $1.25 a pack when I quit. Now about $8.00

I was using 4 packs a week...but I don't spend that much on Lottery.

Sometimes I go to Delaware for tix. the smoke shop I get tix at has a big sign for Marlboro @ $50.00 a carton.

I guess that must be a good deal w/ a sign that big.

I know people that don't even play Lottery and they go to Delaware for smokes.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3854 Posts
                      Posted: October 6, 2016, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

CONGRATS  EdG and haymaker for conquering that nasty cigarette habit.  I have never smoked but my husband did off and on a couple of times.  He hated cigarettes but said that was the habit hardest for him to break.

i stop buying tickets periodically when the big games reset but only for a few weeks at best.

Thanks for sayin so ! I only wish I had quit earlier... or never smoked at all.

BTW I still have my last pack of smokes...unopened...just a keepsake w/ the quit date wrote on the pack.

Now if that cigarette $ would just buy me a big winner !

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4106 Posts
                        Posted: October 6, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Interesting subject.  I did quit about 5 years ago.  At the time I did really good trading pinksheet stocks.  Thought I could do it again, well, that didn't work out so well.  LOL!  So I continued trying my luck trying to figure out my favorite lottery game, Wisconsin Supercash.  I have my number chart so... IMO its just a matter of time until the numbers follow the pattern I predict.

Maybe the 2nd time around is sweeter than the first time. Isn't that a song? 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4106 Posts
                          Posted: October 6, 2016, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Yearly hiatus here.  Save money and clear my head. SOP for me.

Yearly?  IoI...

Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4106 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2016, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Forced to quit? How much time passed before you unquitted- is that even a word? 

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4106 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2016, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

You gave up on Cancer Sticks- good for you!  I recall my brother coming home one day from a concert at the Cow Palace and telling us that there was a huge billboard with Sammi Davis Jr picture with his eyes closed and it read " His voice took our breath away. .and then they* cigarettes took his."