Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Interesting Lottery news in the forum jackpot games

Topic closed. Posted 2 months ago. No replies.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #153774
March 24, 2014
884 Posts
Posted: October 14, 2016, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I was reading some of the news that is posted on this site.  It is interesting that when someone hits a big lottery that they might accidentally toss their ticket some place.   But it's weird that for some that either have to pay child support,  grant something,  maybe their estate.   So I guess nothing is secret to most people that hit big amts. 

Honestly I don't think some people know what they should do.  Some of the members on this board gave in their 2 cents on what they feel and I agree on those.   Before the person collects and the check is made to them there should be understanding first.   Does anyone see where I am coming from with this?   Before the person has that big jackpot amt perhaps get 2 cosigners as witnesses and be a backup trustworthy or not.

Also ex.   the girl in Michigan who was on welfare and stayed on it.  Slap in the face to the tax payers.   She bought I think 2 houses and I think it was 4 cars or something like that.

It shows nobody thinks before they do.

Then again there are some smart lottery winners.

Now that I know that there is the cash option 95% of time that people will do.  I can see why due to one thing and that is the interest rate, cost of living, per tax and who knows what else.