Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

HGTV My Lottery Dream Home

14 replies. Last post 1 month ago by Skibunnylk.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
931 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2016, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Just came across HGTV.  They are running a couple of shows for their My Lottery Dream Home, looks like three more 1/2 hour segments are on....well for PST.  Dont know how long these shows have been on.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: October 29, 2016, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Just came across HGTV.  They are running a couple of shows for their My Lottery Dream Home, looks like three more 1/2 hour segments are on....well for PST.  Dont know how long these shows have been on.

Is there a difference between "My Lottery Dream Home", "House Hunters", "House Hunters International" or "Island Hunters"?

It looks like the majority of LP members want demand anonymity but it doesn't look like the real lottery winners on that show are hiding anything.

faith117's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      McClellanville,SC
      United States
      Member #177745
      October 18, 2016
      259 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2016, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I never saw this before I will watch the 3am show

Happy Holidays 

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40262 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2016, 6:56 am - IP Logged

Thanks lejardin, I will check it out.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

New York, NY
          United States
          Member #140634
          March 23, 2013
          2948 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2016, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I believe they give that specific home away to the winner .  Each year it's a different home, custom designed in a different location or city. It's been running at least a few or more years now. My mom signed me up one year to enter for it. She watches HGTV all the time. Lol

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            931 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2016, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I believe they give that specific home away to the winner .  Each year it's a different home, custom designed in a different location or city. It's been running at least a few or more years now. My mom signed me up one year to enter for it. She watches HGTV all the time. Lol

Hi Soledad, the My Lottery Dream Home are different.  David Bromstad finds three houses for a lottery winner to choose from.  They are winners of the lottery could be several hundred thousand to multi-millionaires.

HGTV rebuilds and renovates homes to give away every year, one is the biggest the Dream home, then the Blog cabin, the Smart home and the Urban Oasis. 

I used to watch all the time but now it is all buying and selling homes.  All the older hosts have been put out to pasture and the good shows like dream drives, gardener guy are done.  They are targeting a much, much younger crowd and the only show I watch is Fixer Upper.   Love to see Candace Olson, Sarah Richardson, Paul James, there were so many good shows with a variety of subjects, all gone.

Good Luck to you.

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #157701
              July 28, 2014
              137 Posts
              Posted: October 29, 2016, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the alert!

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #18322
                July 9, 2005
                1704 Posts
                Posted: October 29, 2016, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Is there a difference between "My Lottery Dream Home", "House Hunters", "House Hunters International" or "Island Hunters"?

It looks like the majority of LP members want demand anonymity but it doesn't look like the real lottery winners on that show are hiding anything.

HGTV Dream Home:  HGTV builds [or renovates] from the ground up, a brand new "Dream Home", which someone who enters the HGTV Dream Home Competition will will.

HGTV Lottery Dream Home: David Bromstad locates 3 luxury homes  for Lottery Winners to choose from.

HGTV House Hunters: A real estate agent locates 3 homes for regular people with a certain budget to choose from, within the United States.

HGTV House Hunters International: A real estate professional locates 3 homes for people with a certain budget to choose from, outside of the United States >>> International locations.

HGTV Island Hunters:  A real estate professional locates 3 different Islands for people to choose from.  The Islands may be located within U.S. Territory, or outside of U.S. Territory.

HGTV Tiny House HuntingExactly that.  However, there are variations of this concept.  Some shows are searching for Tiny Homes, and some shows are building Tiny Homes from scratch.

HGTV Fixer Upper: There are currently multiple different variations of home renovation shows.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7295 Posts
                  Posted: October 29, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

HGTV Dream Home:  HGTV builds [or renovates] from the ground up, a brand new "Dream Home", which someone who enters the HGTV Dream Home Competition will will.

HGTV Lottery Dream Home: David Bromstad locates 3 luxury homes  for Lottery Winners to choose from.

HGTV House Hunters: A real estate agent locates 3 homes for regular people with a certain budget to choose from, within the United States.

HGTV House Hunters International: A real estate professional locates 3 homes for people with a certain budget to choose from, outside of the United States >>> International locations.

HGTV Island Hunters:  A real estate professional locates 3 different Islands for people to choose from.  The Islands may be located within U.S. Territory, or outside of U.S. Territory.

HGTV Tiny House HuntingExactly that.  However, there are variations of this concept.  Some shows are searching for Tiny Homes, and some shows are building Tiny Homes from scratch.

HGTV Fixer Upper: There are currently multiple different variations of home renovation shows.

I watched the My Lottery Dream Home show late last night and it was interesting.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                    Member #141034
                    April 2, 2013
                    1408 Posts
                    Posted: October 30, 2016, 9:30 am - IP Logged

That David guy makes the show interesting. Sometimes he appears to be more excited about the winning than the folks that actually won the money. Good luck to him. We need more positive thinking people in this world. Haters not appreciated.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
                      Member #157701
                      July 28, 2014
                      137 Posts
                      Posted: October 31, 2016, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I enjoyed the show. I also like most of the other HGTV home shows as well.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                        NC
                        United States
                        Member #11741
                        February 23, 2005
                        1233 Posts
                        Posted: October 31, 2016, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

My Lottery Dream Home has been coming on since January of this year. I had to watch it on DVR because the time slot was every Friday night at 11pm EST. The new season starts this January 2017. I love how past lottery winners wants David to help them find their dream home.

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

United States
                          Member #118609
                          November 4, 2011
                          931 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2016, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

My Lottery Dream Home has been coming on since January of this year. I had to watch it on DVR because the time slot was every Friday night at 11pm EST. The new season starts this January 2017. I love how past lottery winners wants David to help them find their dream home.

Thanks kidzmom, although I knew these were new shows this year, I thought they were a few "tests" to see how they were accepted.  I had no idea it is a continuing series.  Why they premiered the shows at 11:00 is beyond me, lol.  Anything lottery related I love! 

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                            Happy California
                            United States
                            Member #157856
                            August 2, 2014
                            1506 Posts
                            Posted: November 1, 2016, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Kidzmom, Thank You the heads up for the new season of My Lottery Dream Home beginning this January 2017. I hope that there will also be The Lottery Changed My Life episodes also. 

Patriot

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

United States
                              Member #157701
                              July 28, 2014
                              137 Posts
                              Posted: November 2, 2016, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Kidzmom, Thank You the heads up for the new season of My Lottery Dream Home beginning this January 2017. I hope that there will also be The Lottery Changed My Life episodes also. 

Patriot

I'm right with you on seeing new episodes of The Lottery Changed My Life. I enjoyed most of their previous shows.