Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Say it ain't so Todd...Power Play is looking SKEWED !!

8 replies. Last post 14 days ago by wander73.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #21574
September 11, 2005
138 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2016, 5:47 am - IP Logged

I was looking over the history of Powerball over this past year's drawings and the Power Play number appears to be stuck on 2 and 3 much more by far than 4 or 5.

See for yourself:

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Powerball/Winning_Numbers/

Since we do not have the benefit of the LIVE Power Play "wheel-of-fortune" anymore; Perhaps you could contact MUSL and shine the bright light of investigative journalism into what appears to be at the very least, an anomaly. 

This coincidence should make for another strong argument to eliminate the Random Number Generator and bring back the LIVE wheel.

What do you and the readership make of all this ?

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    11931 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2016, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Power play odds are posted- Looks like they use 43 balls. Below are the power play odds and the number of balls for each number 2 through 5 - and 10 when the jackpot is less than $150,000,000.  This  may explain why you see more 2's & 3's

X 2- 1:1.79  (24 Balls)

X3= 1:3.31  (13 Balls)

X4= 1:14.33 (3 Balls)

X5= 1:21.50 (2 Balls)

X10= 1:43    (1 Ball)

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23267 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2016, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I Agree!   ^^^ This is the answer.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
        N.C.
        United States
        Member #56005
        October 28, 2007
        831 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2016, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Power play odds are posted- Looks like they use 43 balls. Below are the power play odds and the number of balls for each number 2 through 5 - and 10 when the jackpot is less than $150,000,000.  This  may explain why you see more 2's & 3's

X 2- 1:1.79  (24 Balls)

X3= 1:3.31  (13 Balls)

X4= 1:14.33 (3 Balls)

X5= 1:21.50 (2 Balls)

X10= 1:43    (1 Ball)

makes sense.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2016, 12:26 am - IP Logged

fja,

Good info, thanks. 

Can we take it that the Mega ball number is a little more balanced? On the link in the OP they all seem to have hit just about equally.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            11931 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2016, 6:36 am - IP Logged

The megaplier has better odds of hitting the number 5,  However the 2nd prize of 1 million has only been hit 129  times vs 280  times in Powerball  this year.  Also note that the max payout with a 5 megaplier when you hit a 4+1 in mega millions is $25,000 , where as, a max payout with a 5 powerplay is $500,000 with a 1:43 chance of $5,000,000 if the jackpost is less than $150,000,000. 

2X=1:7.5            (1 Ball)

3X=1:3.752        (1 Ball) 

4X=1:5               (1 Ball)

5X=1:2.5            (2 Balls)

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
              Philadelphia, PA
              United States
              Member #153774
              March 24, 2014
              880 Posts
              Posted: November 21, 2016, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I was looking over the history of Powerball over this past year's drawings and the Power Play number appears to be stuck on 2 and 3 much more by far than 4 or 5.

See for yourself:

Since we do not have the benefit of the LIVE Power Play "wheel-of-fortune" anymore; Perhaps you could contact MUSL and shine the bright light of investigative journalism into what appears to be at the very least, an anomaly. 

This coincidence should make for another strong argument to eliminate the Random Number Generator and bring back the LIVE wheel.

The Powerball lottery should have never changed the power play.  Second I haven't seen or heard and especially this site that the 10x has come out for a powerplay. 

Are they just using that as a market ploy to get more people to buy?

Sure hope someone on here hits it.  I would love to figure out 5 numbers.

Philadelphia, PA
                United States
                Member #153774
                March 24, 2014
                880 Posts
                Posted: November 21, 2016, 10:46 am - IP Logged

See for yourself:

I just noticed that too.  Weird coincidence.  Now if they have a winner(s) you think it will then trigger a 4 or 5 powerplay.  I don't have any intentions of playing powerplay not great odds at all.  I also like the 21 and 50 in one of these drawings.

Philadelphia, PA
                  United States
                  Member #153774
                  March 24, 2014
                  880 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2016, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

See for yourself:

Either the powerplay which I don't play will do another 2 or 3 or they will have someone hit and it does 4 or 5.

What is up with the 10x not ever being drawn?  I don't get it.