Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Right time to join a lottery Pool or not?

21 replies. Last post 2 days ago by NightStalker.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: November 21, 2016, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Image result for see a bunch of losers..like Money over the years. So why not join a Pool right now for this particular jackpot- good idea, bad idea- what?

Have a great rest of the week people and above all else : Stay Healthy.Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3052 Posts
    Posted: November 21, 2016, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Image result for see a bunch of losers..like Money over the years. So why not join a Pool right now for this particular jackpot- good idea, bad idea- what?

Have a great rest of the week people and above all else : Stay Healthy.Smile

I joined a clerk customer pool from circle k and it goes like this.  If I win powerball the clerk gets a cool million and if the clerk wins powerball I get a cool million.  We shook on it so it is official and we are both old so I don't think rick is the type of guy to mess me over.-weshar75

US Flag

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2016, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I joined a clerk customer pool from circle k and it goes like this.  If I win powerball the clerk gets a cool million and if the clerk wins powerball I get a cool million.  We shook on it so it is official and we are both old so I don't think rick is the type of guy to mess me over.-weshar75

US Flag

I would go for drawing up a contract and then a handshake Weshar75. But then again,  that's just me. Big Smile Money changes people and their attitudes,  but to each his own as they say. You can never be too careful. Lurking

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
        Green Bay
        United States
        Member #169391
        October 15, 2015
        1246 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2016, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I would go for drawing up a contract and then a handshake Weshar75. But then again,  that's just me. Big Smile Money changes people and their attitudes,  but to each his own as they say. You can never be too careful. Lurking

I agree.  A contract needs to be drawn up prior to starting a lottery pool.   The tickets also need to be photocopied (each participant should have a copy) and tickets placed in a safe place, hopefully a safe.   Personally, I would never join a lottery pool, but then, that's just me.

Never give up.  Banana

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: November 22, 2016, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I agree.  A contract needs to be drawn up prior to starting a lottery pool.   The tickets also need to be photocopied (each participant should have a copy) and tickets placed in a safe place, hopefully a safe.   Personally, I would never join a lottery pool, but then, that's just me.

I Agree! and let's hope that the person holding the original ticket doesn't lose it. Bang Head

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: November 22, 2016, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

"I don't think rick is the type of guy to mess me over."

If you were making a real $1 million bet instead of an imaginary one would you bet he's not that type of guy?

cbr$'s avatar - maren
              Cordova,Al.
              United States
              Member #104482
              January 15, 2011
              4922 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2016, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! It for you on protection to get in writing. Get a simply contract. The
              Then you have proof when the win happen. He got a copy & you get a 
              copy. It'll stand up in court. This person could be family, I want a contract.
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2016, 10:13 pm - IP Logged
                I Agree! It for you on protection to get in writing. Get a simply contract. The
                Then you have proof when the win happen. He got a copy & you get a 
                copy. It'll stand up in court. This person could be family, I want a contract.

Darn straight- couple of years ago,  this lowlife son attempted to screw his own mother over out in Fresno or somewhere in the valley. She bought the ticket, shows up at the lottery office,  her hand" according to her" was shaking so badly that she told her son to sign the ticket,next thing you know,  she needs to come to him with hat in hand to get "some " money. She finally ponied up a lawyer to sue his A***.That broke his attitude. .finally!

It's a true story: It's archived here on lottery post. 

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                  Member #153629
                  March 20, 2014
                  129 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2016, 5:05 am - IP Logged

In US I would only join a pool if I were the one keeping the ticket...

In sweden Svenska Spel offers automatic Lotto Pools online, all players add money to the account,  every one can make a bet and the winnings are automatically distrbuted among the members.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2016, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

In US I would only join a pool if I were the one keeping the ticket...

In sweden Svenska Spel offers automatic Lotto Pools online, all players add money to the account,  every one can make a bet and the winnings are automatically distrbuted among the members.

Online pool? Sweet BBS if you into that sort of thing. 

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                      Member #153629
                      March 20, 2014
                      129 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2016, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Online pool? Sweet BBS if you into that sort of thing. 

They don't offer pools yet for Eurojackpot, only regular Lotto, so I don't play yet. But many other games like Keno is available with pools. However they changed the way pools are created last year. It's complicated, so I really cant ezplain it correctly here in english. Finland have better pools, here you buy shares in syndicate, much like ozlotteries in Australia.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                        Happy California
                        United States
                        Member #157856
                        August 2, 2014
                        1522 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2016, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate, Not here in Fresno but in Bakersfield. I have the info. from the Search box here on LP.

California family's fight over $51 million lottery. Mega Millions. March 28, 2013

Etta May Urquhart is the Mother. 

Her husband was not smiling when they were at the Fresno Lottery District Office. I think he knew his son better than Etta May did.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4108 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2016, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate, Not here in Fresno but in Bakersfield. I have the info. from the Search box here on LP.

California family's fight over $51 million lottery. Mega Millions. March 28, 2013

Etta May Urquhart is the Mother. 

Her husband was not smiling when they were at the Fresno Lottery District Office. I think he knew his son better than Etta May did.

Music- l recall when this piece broke,  there were some members who felt that the mother was attempting to strong arm the son, but it would seem it was the other way round. I mean the mother was in her 70's . She got a lawyer because her offspring was up to no good. I tell you : if you going to get shady family involved in lottery money you won, draw up a contract or move abroad.Dont include a forwarding address either because evil intentions will follow you. do have choices. 

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                            Happy California
                            United States
                            Member #157856
                            August 2, 2014
                            1522 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2016, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Some more good reasons why you need to keep it as secret as possible. Money is one of the most private things in your life. Your financial planner will know more about you than your family does. 

Noise-gate, You still have plenty of choices when you win. Have you changed plans lately?

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Canada
                              Member #154380
                              April 14, 2014
                              57 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2016, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I would love to be invited to join a pool playing the Powerball. It would be the neighborly thing to do. Please please!