Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Stats, Iyanla on Marie Holmes - A DEEPER DIVE

9 replies. Last post 6 days ago by MasterofWisdom.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
Member #142499
May 13, 2013
1186 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2016, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Since we've been going back and forth on Marie, I have decided to post this link to A Deeper Dive re Marie Holmes, since it provided so much more information than we've been given from the press. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gEGrB4JAx4&t=233s

In summary, we learned that:

Marie's children are living with their grandmother out of state. 

Hot Sauce has 3 children of his own so should they get married, they'll be a very dysfunctional Brady Bunch

It doesn't seem to me that Marie appreciated the tough love approach Iyanla to with her. She seemed very angry to be told that she was wasting a gift so I have no idea if she'll listen. 

Iyanla set her up with a financial advisor, so...fingers crossed.

Hot Sauce had his final moments of freedom while the show was being taped. 

Marie plans to marry him when he is released from prison in 7 years. Bang Head

Marie recouped most of the bail money. She lost less than $2 million total, so not as bad as we thought. 

On a different note:

The statistics about lottery winners distancing themselves from family members for up to 3 years after winning is something I didn't know, but makes a whole lot of sense. 

I wasn't aware of the percentage of their win that lottery winners give away and that so much of it is given so soon after they receive the funds. 

If anyone has additional stats with sources, please share.

What do you think of this deeper dive episode? Helpful to you should you win or was it a rehash of everything you already know?

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    939 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2016, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Since we've been going back and forth on Marie, I have decided to post this link to A Deeper Dive re Marie Holmes, since it provided so much more information than we've been given from the press. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gEGrB4JAx4&t=233s

In summary, we learned that:

Marie's children are living with their grandmother out of state. 

Hot Sauce has 3 children of his own so should they get married, they'll be a very dysfunctional Brady Bunch

It doesn't seem to me that Marie appreciated the tough love approach Iyanla to with her. She seemed very angry to be told that she was wasting a gift so I have no idea if she'll listen. 

Iyanla set her up with a financial advisor, so...fingers crossed.

Hot Sauce had his final moments of freedom while the show was being taped. 

Marie plans to marry him when he is released from prison in 7 years. Bang Head

Marie recouped most of the bail money. She lost less than $2 million total, so not as bad as we thought. 

On a different note:

The statistics about lottery winners distancing themselves from family members for up to 3 years after winning is something I didn't know, but makes a whole lot of sense. 

I wasn't aware of the percentage of their win that lottery winners give away and that so much of it is given so soon after they receive the funds. 

If anyone has additional stats with sources, please share.

What do you think of this deeper dive episode? Helpful to you should you win or was it a rehash of everything you already know?

Thanx for the info Teddi. 

Only my comments and opinion.

I have to admit I find this whole story such a train wreck I no longer followed it once she chose to go on that tv show.  I see it has gone from bad to worst reading how she intends to marry the creep when he gets released from prison.  There has to be plenty of decent men to choose a husband who could help her raise her children and give them a good example of family.  Yet she still picks this lowlife loser with a record.

No idea why her children Are with their grandmother out of state, maybe that is better for them since Marie seems so out of sorts.

I dont see a positive outcome.  Financial is only part of this equation.

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1186 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2016, 1:42 am - IP Logged

I have to admit I find this whole story such a train wreck I no longer followed it once she chose to go on that tv show.  I see it has gone from bad to worst reading how she intends to marry the creep when he gets released from prison.  There has to be plenty of decent men to choose a husband who could help her raise her children and give them a good example of family.  Yet she still picks this lowlife loser with a record.

No idea why her children Are with their grandmother out of state, maybe that is better for them since Marie seems so out of sorts.

You should watch it. Frankly, I think it's the only positive thing she's done since winning. 

This not to the actual show, it's to The Deeper Dive. Explaining the issues and making sure you don't do them.

I like the exercise at the end. Take a journal and each day write down what you would do with wealth. Not how you'd spend it, but how you'd invest, how you'd make it generational, who and how you'd help.

One of the things she said is something someone told me a decade ago: If you feel undeserving of good things, you'll ruin the good things that come your way. If you aren't comfortable with money, getting more of it won't matter. You'll still lose it all.

United States
        Member #142499
        May 13, 2013
        1186 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2016, 1:52 am - IP Logged

p.s.

What is really sad is that Marie is repeating the EXACT same mistakes her mother made, right down to the type of man she married. The fear right now is that Marie will pass this pattern on to her daughter. The cycle will never stop unless she listens and changes this pattern. 

The kids are with her mother because of all the legal stuff she had going on in Carolina. Whether it was court ordered or if she thought it would be best for them to get away from all the craziness, i don't know. She's received some threatening messages on social media so that doesn't help things.

No one believes she's going to be waiting the 7 years. I'm not even sure Lamar believes it. For all his bravado, he was surprised that she's stuck with him this far. But like I said, she's repeating a pattern.

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
          Member #176419
          August 4, 2016
          114 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2016, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I had seen a similar you tube clip that someone posted on the original thread and it was troubling. If Marie doesn't get her act together, she will simply be another "what not to do" lottery winner. I hope she wises up and listens to those who are attempting to help her because total demise shouldn't be an option.

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1186 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2016, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I had seen a similar you tube clip that someone posted on the original thread and it was troubling. If Marie doesn't get her act together, she will simply be another "what not to do" lottery winner. I hope she wises up and listens to those who are attempting to help her because total demise shouldn't be an option.

100% agreed. The evil eye she was shooting to Iyanla was disturbing, she recognizes she needs help yet was resistant to accepting that the problem was her.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
              Green Bay
              United States
              Member #169391
              October 15, 2015
              1246 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2016, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

She's an idiot.  Who cares what happens to her?  Too bad someone decent didn't win all that money.  You know... Someone who would help others in need.

Never give up.  Banana

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                Member #52345
                May 21, 2007
                2659 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2016, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

She's an idiot.  Who cares what happens to her?  Too bad someone decent didn't win all that money.  You know... Someone who would help others in need.

Skeptical just my $0.000002's worth

come February it'll be 2 years since she and that " " jailbird got that lucky

should be curious if my prediction will come true

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                  Green Bay
                  United States
                  Member #169391
                  October 15, 2015
                  1246 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2016, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Skeptical just my $0.000002's worth

come February it'll be 2 years since she and that " " jailbird got that lucky

should be curious if my prediction will come true

What was your prediction?

Never give up.  Banana

United States
                    Member #176690
                    August 20, 2016
                    16 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2016, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Marie is the dumbest lottery winner of all time...a lot of people thought no one could ever top Jack Whitaker or David Lee Edwards, but she did.