Welcome Guest
You last visited May 14, 2021, 8:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY lottery promotion

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
Member #159078
September 12, 2014
113 Posts

Does anyone know what this promotion is? I never heard of a play pack

http://nylottery.ny.gov/wps/portal/Home/Lottery/Home/YOUR+LOTTERY/Events+and+Promotions

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

United States
    Member #174649
    May 5, 2016
    1093 Posts

http://nylottery.ny.gov/wps/portal/Home/Lottery/Home/YOUR+LOTTERY/Events+and+Promotions

I was wondering myself and found this   

https://twitter.com/newyorklottery/status/805169831825784832

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17842
      June 28, 2005
      141594 Posts

For the Month of January: The $5 Play Pack adds extra excitement to your holidays. Each Play Pack includes a Quick Pick for Cash4Life, LOTTO, Take 5, & Mega Millions.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Catch-22: A dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges: When the republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous.

Maryland
        United States
        Member #162427
        January 2, 2015
        2534 Posts

For the Month of January: The $5 Play Pack adds extra excitement to your holidays. Each Play Pack includes a Quick Pick for Cash4Life, LOTTO, Take 5, & Mega Millions.

So, you get a free $2 QP for for Cash for Life for buying a Play Pack?

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17842
          June 28, 2005
          141594 Posts

So, you get a free $2 QP for for Cash for Life for buying a Play Pack?

Yes! Nice Bonus for the Jackpot Game Play Pack Players!

Catch-22: A dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges: When the republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55887
            October 23, 2007
            11214 Posts

Texas started "Lone Star Lineup" in September. Buy a $2 All or Nothing, a $2 Triple Chance, and a $1 Cash 5, and a player gets a free .50 Pick 3 QP boxed, and a free .50 Daily 4 QP boxed. $6 worth of tix for $5.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
              Florida - West Coast
              United States
              Member #92605
              June 10, 2010
              4980 Posts

Yes! Nice Bonus for the Jackpot Game Play Pack Players!

OK great! 

But what's a "Play Pack"?  I haven't found a NY Lottery player yet that has even heard the term much less bought one. I think that was the point DetroitLionBoy was really getting at. He said in his post he's never heard of a "Play Pack".  G5

Players who've won large lottery jackpots have something in common. Many of them say "I've played the lottery for years, but I never won anything but small prizes."   That's normal or typical, but it's also why you should not get discouraged and stop playing.  Who knows?  Maybe someday you'll say "I've played the lottery for years...."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55887
                October 23, 2007
                11214 Posts

It's right on the ny lottery homepage, but apparently they did a rather poor job of advertising it.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17842
                  June 28, 2005
                  141594 Posts

OK great! 

But what's a "Play Pack"?  I haven't found a NY Lottery player yet that has even heard the term much less bought one. I think that was the point DetroitLionBoy was really getting at. He said in his post he's never heard of a "Play Pack".  G5

It's the same group of Jackpot Games less Cash4Life.

Does your NY Lottery Retailer know about the Play Pack?

RedStang's avatar - laughing chimp.gif
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121955
                    January 21, 2012
                    3169 Posts

OK great! 

The Acme store in Patterson has it built into its machine. The problem is you can't add the MM multiplier or pb powerplay.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                      Florida - West Coast
                      United States
                      Member #92605
                      June 10, 2010
                      4980 Posts

The Acme store in Patterson has it built into its machine. The problem is you can't add the MM multiplier or pb powerplay.

Well then I sure as heck aint goin' there!  Nosir!  G5

Players who've won large lottery jackpots have something in common. Many of them say "I've played the lottery for years, but I never won anything but small prizes."   That's normal or typical, but it's also why you should not get discouraged and stop playing.  Who knows?  Maybe someday you'll say "I've played the lottery for years...."

Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #162427
                        January 2, 2015
                        2534 Posts

It's the same group of Jackpot Games less Cash4Life.

Does your NY Lottery Retailer know about the Play Pack?

Ok, GOTTA ask - Are you a New York Lottery employee?  You seem to be promoting this in a way that the marketing department would. 

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17842
                          June 28, 2005
                          141594 Posts

Thumbs Up When you ask the Clerk for the Play Pack: The Clerk pushes the Play Pack button on the Lottery Terminal: The Lottery Terminal automatically prints out the Quick Picks: You pay your $5 and go!

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #165533
                            April 12, 2015
                            563 Posts

If I am playing  a "Play Pack"  for a C4L quick pick, why would I want to double up with a C4L initial QP purcchase??

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                              Member #165533
                              April 12, 2015
                              563 Posts

It's right on the ny lottery homepage, but apparently they did a rather poor job of advertising it.

You hit the nail on the head.  But I would say they did an EXCEEDINGLY "rather poor job of advertising it".

Its not the first time.  They did a poor job of advertising one of their last promotion where that random QP that was randomly selected, was randomly revealed to

random patrons, and most likely you did not know you would get it, but could get,

was more likely than not, stolen by your friendly neighborhood Patel.