Welcome Guest
You last visited September 18, 2020, 2:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I always get at least one number every Jackpot Drawing, does this mean anything?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
EastCoastEric's avatar - a0643535a19044a69fce4dc3319a29ef 0.jpg?w=358

United States
Member #190030
May 20, 2018
2 Posts

I've been playing mostly the Powerball drawings on a weekly basis for the last month & a half. Ive noticed once I started and kinda committed to it, that every drawing I play since the time I started at least one number on my ticket is drawn in the winning numbers. Sometimes I choose the numbers myself, or I may quickpick, even when I play my state lotto, take 5, cash 4 life, and even Mega, the same thing happens, one number on my ticket is in the winning numbers. Its somewhat frustrating to me because I think it means that its true you can pick the winning numbers. But having said that Ive played maybe more, if not not the same amount of quickpicks and it still happens. Sometimes its the bonus number, but most of the time its one of the numbers in the draw. 

When I ask non lottery people about this, they look at me like im insane for asking such a question. I'm just wondering what you all think, is it just a coincidence?, is it "fate"/universe trying to tell me something, or does it mean that I really can pick the winning numbers?, or am i just insane?? thanks.

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    USN United States Navy
    Fresno, California
    United States
    Member #157851
    August 2, 2014
    3959 Posts

As the good reverend said, "Keep Hope Alive". You are not insane. 

Look on the back of the play slip for the odds of winning. 

"We are all in this together!" 

EastCoastEric's avatar - a0643535a19044a69fce4dc3319a29ef 0.jpg?w=358

United States
      Member #190030
      May 20, 2018
      2 Posts

yeah. but its like, if i can always get one number, how do i get the other 5??

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30469
        January 17, 2006
        11497 Posts

No matter the game the most common result is you will get whatever doesn't pay.

In a Pick 5, 0 or 1, etc.....

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any. So many systems, so many theories, so few jackpot winners. 

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

a562soldier's avatar - police
          Los Angeles, CA
          United States
          Member #122448
          January 31, 2012
          662 Posts

It means you really need to work on your game plan. That's what it means. You've been playing long enough to know how to capture two numbers by now. Not trying to be mean but just pointing out the obvious.

KY Floyd's avatar - lysol avatar.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #23834
            October 16, 2005
            4262 Posts

Buy another 25 tickets with all of the numbers that aren't on the ticket you were already planning to buy. Or just keep playing for 50 million years and count on the law of averages if you want all of the numbers on one ticket.

United States
              Member #190014
              May 19, 2018
              19 Posts

yeah. but its like, if i can always get one number, how do i get the other 5??

Well my question to you is how many lines do you play?

And in those lines how many unique numbers are contained as well as which do you use more than once in those lines?

Typically I play 20 unique numbers on pick5 on four lines and 25 on the 5+1 lottery on five lines.

Seldom do I lose, I almost always get at least a 2/5 on pick 5 and at least one 3/5 per week on pick5.

The other draw game has 8 more numbers plus mega ball so I've yet to score a 3/5 +1.

lottolaughs's avatar - animaniacs28
                Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40294
                May 31, 2006
                9050 Posts

I don't think it means anything. If you're buying several tickets, it's not odd to see one or two numbers every time, especially if you buy quick picks.