Welcome Guest
You last visited September 18, 2020, 2:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Tuesday 7/17/2018

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 2 years ago by music*.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
USN United States Navy
Fresno, California
United States
Member #157851
August 2, 2014
3959 Posts

Annuity = $375,000,000.00   Lump Sum Cash = $226,000,000.00 

What do you think about this draw? What are your plans for all this cash? Who would you share it with? Will this revolutionize your life?

Good Luck to all Lottery Post Members who will play this draw! Party

"We are all in this together!" 

USN United States Navy
    Fresno, California
    United States
    Member #157851
    August 2, 2014
    3959 Posts

I believe that this Mega million draw will change the winner's life forever.  I plan on investing in CDARS/ICS, Jumbo CDs, Treasuries, mutual funds, stocks, and bonds, real estate. I will share with friends and family. On my terms, not theirs. 

I am a lottery dreamer. 

USN United States Navy
      Fresno, California
      United States
      Member #157851
      August 2, 2014
      3959 Posts

I will have enough money to hire a Trust & Estate Attorney to create my Living Revocable Trust.  Create an LLC.  Plus a family trust.

I will hire a Certified Financial Planner to help me invest. A money manager or Financial Adviser to handle all requests for my money. The letters addressed to, Lottery Winner  Fresno, CA USA

An insurance broker for excess liability coverage, Umbrella insurance. Insure my Home, Car, Health Insurance, plus any other liabilities. Personal or business.

What do you think...

Hyper

United States
        Member #180290
        February 28, 2017
        201 Posts

Music

Don't forget Identity Theft Protection in case your name gets out.  Also, if you want to remain anonymous, have EVERYONE (including family members) to sign NDAs.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30469
          January 17, 2006
          11497 Posts

It seems like the more plans people make for money not yet won the more likely the jackpot just rolls over. 

It's fine to have a plan but broadcast it after the win. 

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any. So many systems, so many theories, so few jackpot winners. 

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

USN United States Navy
            Fresno, California
            United States
            Member #157851
            August 2, 2014
            3959 Posts

Music

Don't forget Identity Theft Protection in case your name gets out.  Also, if you want to remain anonymous, have EVERYONE (including family members) to sign NDAs.

I agree with Identity Theft Protection. But that is State specific. Here in California, our names will be released to the public. The States that grant anonymity are one step ahead of the rest of us. 

Umbrella Protection also known as Excessive Liability Coverage may help you fight threats.

More power to you when you get family and friends to sign NDAs. Non-Disclosure Agreements. This is also State specific. 

Good Luck Sarge0202!! 

USN United States Navy
              Fresno, California
              United States
              Member #157851
              August 2, 2014
              3959 Posts

It seems like the more plans people make for money not yet won the more likely the jackpot just rolls over. 

It's fine to have a plan but broadcast it after the win. 

Lep

Coin Toss:  We are bored and have nothing else to do. LOL.  The balls have no senses. They do not feel, see, taste, hear, think so the rollovers and the winnings are completely fair and random. 

Be prepared. There will also be things that we have not thought about that we will encounter as new lottery winners.

Although I think of randomness I do stop and think that God has an invisible hand in some of these jackpots.  For example, the family in Illinois who lost a daughter than checked their tickets and won $4.5 million Annuity. The tickets had been stuffed into a cookie jar and the Mom threatened to throw them out if they were not taken to the store and checked.

Just like in the economy overall there is an invisible hand at work. 

Personally, I will delay claiming. I will get my ducks in a row and let the craziness subside.

music*

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                Member #118605
                November 4, 2011
                1428 Posts

Coin Toss:  We are bored and have nothing else to do. LOL.  The balls have no senses. They do not feel, see, taste, hear, think so the rollovers and the winnings are completely fair and random. 

Be prepared. There will also be things that we have not thought about that we will encounter as new lottery winners.

Although I think of randomness I do stop and think that God has an invisible hand in some of these jackpots.  For example, the family in Illinois who lost a daughter than checked their tickets and won $4.5 million Annuity. The tickets had been stuffed into a cookie jar and the Mom threatened to throw them out if they were not taken to the store and checked.

Just like in the economy overall there is an invisible hand at work. 

Personally, I will delay claiming. I will get my ducks in a row and let the craziness subside.

music*

Tickets stuffed into a cookie jar?  No one checks the tickets, and the mother had to threaten them, that is a funny way to finally realize you won and won big! 

I have to admit I will wait to see if the jackpot rolls so there is no hurry to check my tickets but I think the longest I waited was a couple of weeks.  Got surprised with a couple of dollars lol.

CDanaT's avatar - Nolz june15.jpg
                  Central TN
                  United States
                  Member #121189
                  January 4, 2012
                  4737 Posts

Music

Hadn't even given the NDA's a thought..... especially for family.....Thumbs Up

Integrity: There is just no substitute.

United States
                    Member #34930
                    March 9, 2006
                    209 Posts

"bored and have nothing else to do"

Investment research resource . . Morningstar.  There are only so many investment categories . . take the research initiative to determine your own allocation percentages!

Establishing a revocable trust for estate planning purposes (NOT tax evasion) is relatively easy . . Suze Orman.  The document is basically an "empty shoebox" . . the hard part is re-titling real estate, financial accounts, and vehicles into the name of the trust.

USN United States Navy
                      Fresno, California
                      United States
                      Member #157851
                      August 2, 2014
                      3959 Posts

Investment research resource . . Morningstar.  There are only so many investment categories . . take the research initiative to determine your own allocation percentages!

Establishing a revocable trust for estate planning purposes (NOT tax evasion) is relatively easy . . Suze Orman.  The document is basically an "empty shoebox" . . the hard part is re-titling real estate, financial accounts, and vehicles into the name of the trust.

gy65, www.morningstar.com  is definitely an excellent referral. Thanks.

I do not know about Suze Orman. 

If you make a mistake in creating your trusts you may end up in Probate court. The attorney who should have created the trust will represent you there. Be aware of this conflict of interest with an attorney. Hire a tax attorney, you can afford him/her.

See Ya!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121741
                        January 16, 2012
                        7637 Posts

You still need to consult an expert in trusts and trusts include other documents such as medical directives, etc. It has to have certain language in accord with your state law. I had one done and since trusts and estates is not my area of practice, I consulted an attorney who did this type of work 24/7. It was easy to retitle bank accounts, retirement accounts, etc. and all it took was a form and a copy of the cover page of the trust and I did this myself. You do not send copies of your detailed trust. Vehicles pass with your estate and do not need to be retitled unless you have a collector type of high end car. The longest wait was retitling property but my attorney handled that form. Retitling was easy. The hard part was addressing page after page of what if medical directives, deciding who gets what in the trust, what charities to include, etc.

And you do not need to be retirement age to set up a revocable trust. My attorney remarked that her clients were usually older than me but it can be done at any age. I assured her I was healthy and not dying..lol.

Remember this is a living trust so you are still the trustee while alive or not incapacitated so nothing changes in your daily life or taxes when you retitle things.

Love Suze Orman but she is off about trusts.

Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grace.  We will rebuild!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30469
                          January 17, 2006
                          11497 Posts

music,

There's a saying in Vegas, cards, dice and roulette balls have eyes, ears, and no heart. (They see what you bet, hear what you bet, and get a kick out of you not winning).

Guess we can add lottery numbers to that.

Oh and on your winning plans, going back to the mistakes players make thread, you're assuming a solo hit. Not always the case. Nught skew your plans a wee bit.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any. So many systems, so many theories, so few jackpot winners. 

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

USN United States Navy
                            Fresno, California
                            United States
                            Member #157851
                            August 2, 2014
                            3959 Posts

Thank You Artist77 for your time and effort. Another LP Member recommended using a Tax Attorney for setting up family trusts and doing your taxes. 

Dance

USN United States Navy
                              Fresno, California
                              United States
                              Member #157851
                              August 2, 2014
                              3959 Posts

music,

There's a saying in Vegas, cards, dice and roulette balls have eyes, ears, and no heart. (They see what you bet, hear what you bet, and get a kick out of you not winning).

Guess we can add lottery numbers to that.

Oh and on your winning plans, going back to the mistakes players make thread, you're assuming a solo hit. Not always the case. Nught skew your plans a wee bit.

Wink

Las Vegas, Lost Wages. I agree that we can add lottery numbers to that.

I do have a bunch of birthday numbers on quick picks. I will most likely have to share the jackpot. 

Good Luck to you Coin Toss and win PB tonight.

Lurking I am not sure why this container of popcorn is labeled, "Lurking".