Welcome Guest
You last visited October 25, 2020, 5:31 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MD Pick 4 game had a sign saying TEST on the live drawing??

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 2 years ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #162429
January 2, 2015
2305 Posts

Just watched the Maryland live drawing for Pick 3 & Pick 4.  They do the Pick 3 first, it was normal, then when they went to the Pick 4 there was small sign hanging on the first ball chamber saying "TEST".  They completed the drawing and seemed to not notice it.  Not sure what this means.  Do they have to re-do the Pick 4 drawing - they pulled 7837.

EekWhat?SkepticalShiftyOogleBlue ThinkingNo NodHiding Behind Computer

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Win Today.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90247
    April 24, 2010
    9563 Posts

Just watched the Maryland live drawing for Pick 3 & Pick 4.  They do the Pick 3 first, it was normal, then when they went to the Pick 4 there was small sign hanging on the first ball chamber saying "TEST".  They completed the drawing and seemed to not notice it.  Not sure what this means.  Do they have to re-do the Pick 4 drawing - they pulled 7837.

EekWhat?SkepticalShiftyOogleBlue ThinkingNo NodHiding Behind Computer

Check it out. Proof that pre tests are real. You gotta see this!!!

https://youtu.be/tmImym3Ilc0?list=PLB4FDAE35F191A6A5

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      25878 Posts

lol, someone forgot to remove the test sign from the pre-draws. Dead

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Win Today.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90247
        April 24, 2010
        9563 Posts

lol, someone forgot to remove the test sign from the pre-draws. Dead

The BIG question is. Is it an official drawing or not???   Blue Thinking

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          25878 Posts

The BIG question is. Is it an official drawing or not???   Blue Thinking

Since the Maryland Lottery published the drawn numbers on their website, I'd say it's official.  The sign is obviously human error.  Not confidence-inspiring, but I don't think there's much anyone can do about it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Win Today.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90247
            April 24, 2010
            9563 Posts

Since the Maryland Lottery published the drawn numbers on their website, I'd say it's official.  The sign is obviously human error.  Not confidence-inspiring, but I don't think there's much anyone can do about it.

i'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next meeting. Green laugh

Maryland
              United States
              Member #162429
              January 2, 2015
              2305 Posts

Tonight's drawing was LEGIT! There was NO "TEST" sign on the Pick 4 drawing tonight.

Win Today.
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90247
                April 24, 2010
                9563 Posts

Tonight's drawing was LEGIT! There was NO "TEST" sign on the Pick 4 drawing tonight.

I think not.

What do we now know? We know that they do Test draws. We know that the sign is supposed to be removed before we are given an "official draw." 

But is there really an official draw at all?  We know the lottery runs several test draws, and then we ASSUME they run an additional draw which becomes the "official draw."  But what if they don't.

It seems to me they just run and record several "test" draws, and then pick the one that has the fewest winners, or just pick one randomly, and then digitally block out the test sign and replay it on TV as the official draw. Looks to me like that's exactly what happened here.

They must have forgot to digitally block it out this time, or else it didn't work right when they did. Because I find it very hard to believe, that none of the lottery officials, auditors, camera people, sound and lighting people, or any other drawing witnesses in the studio would not have said, "Hey, wait a minute. There's a sign on the machine," before televising it as a Live, Official Lottery drawing. 

Say what you want, but at the very least, it leads one to believe that the drawings are filmed and recorded ahead of time and later broadcast as a "Live" drawing. Not just in Md. but possibly every where.

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #162429
                  January 2, 2015
                  2305 Posts

I think not.

What do we now know? We know that they do Test draws. We know that the sign is supposed to be removed before we are given an "official draw." 

But is there really an official draw at all?  We know the lottery runs several test draws, and then we ASSUME they run an additional draw which becomes the "official draw."  But what if they don't.

It seems to me they just run and record several "test" draws, and then pick the one that has the fewest winners, or just pick one randomly, and then digitally block out the test sign and replay it on TV as the official draw. Looks to me like that's exactly what happened here.

They must have forgot to digitally block it out this time, or else it didn't work right when they did. Because I find it very hard to believe, that none of the lottery officials, auditors, camera people, sound and lighting people, or any other drawing witnesses in the studio would not have said, "Hey, wait a minute. There's a sign on the machine," before televising it as a Live, Official Lottery drawing. 

Say what you want, but at the very least, it leads one to believe that the drawings are filmed and recorded ahead of time and later broadcast as a "Live" drawing. Not just in Md. but possibly every where.

HUMMM...

that is a GREAT conspiracy theory!! 

sad part is it could very well could be true. Eek

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    9578 Posts

I think not.

call em up and ask what gives

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      Win Today.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90247
                      April 24, 2010
                      9563 Posts

Would you believe the Maryland lottery removed the July 30th  drawing videos from their website?  Scared  We should all send emails and call up and ask what happened to the video.  But I think the chances of us getting a straight answer will be about the same as.... Well, winning the lottery.  No No

Win Today.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90247
                        April 24, 2010
                        9563 Posts

Well I just called them. I said I was just on their website looking at the winning numbers for the last few days and noticed they had drawing videos for 7/28, 7/29, and 7/31, but not for the evening drawings for 7/30. What happened to it?

Lady said I'll pull it for for you. Then she said her computer was having an issue with it. Then she said she would call over to public affairs and put me on hold. She came back and said she would connect me to the drawing manager. He came on and I asked him. He said they had a problem with the video. Then he asked for my name and number and said he would call me back. 

Well he did. He said exactly what happened. They video tape all the drawings and they saw  they left a sign on the machine that wasn't supposed to be there.

Me: What did it say? 

DM: It said test.

Me: What do they test for?

DM: He explained that they do several tests before and after the drawing to make sure every thing is random and there's nothing wrong with the balls or machines.

Me: How many tests do they do? 

DM: 4 tests before and 4 tests after each draw for all games.

Me:  What are they looking for?

DM: We check to make sure a ball doesn't come up too many times in the same chamber and that every thing is random.

Me: So if the same number came up 4 or 5 times in the same position, what would happen?

DM: For example. On the pick 4, if the 5 came up in the first chamber 4 times in a row we would run additional tests.

Me: How many additional tests would they do?

DM: Several more. Up to 10.

Me: Does it matter how many times the same number keeps coming up? Say if the 5 came up 4 times in the 1st position, skipped once, then came up 2 or 3 times in the 3rd position what happens then?

DM: Nothing, that would alright.

Me: So if the 5 keeps coming up in the 1st position what happens?

DM: They pull the ball set and send it out for calibration to get weighed and measured.

Me: So what happens if they say the balls are ok?

DM: Then we'll test them and use them like we always do. 

Me: Okay thank you.

DM: If you have any more questions call back.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                          Green Bay
                          United States
                          Member #169386
                          October 15, 2015
                          2541 Posts

I play WI supercash.  Months ago I sent them an email asking if I could see the pre-test numbers for each game.  They replied that I'd have to submit a FOI request for that and that it would take weeks.  However, weeks later , another poster on that forum called the WI lottery and asked if they conducted pre-draws on the RNG drawings... They said no they don't.  I don't trust those liars anymore.

Never give up.  Banana

Win Today.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90247
                            April 24, 2010
                            9563 Posts

I play WI supercash.  Months ago I sent them an email asking if I could see the pre-test numbers for each game.  They replied that I'd have to submit a FOI request for that and that it would take weeks.  However, weeks later , another poster on that forum called the WI lottery and asked if they conducted pre-draws on the RNG drawings... They said no they don't.  I don't trust those liars anymore.

I don't know if they do pre-tests on the RNG drawings else where or not. Maybe someone else does. Sounds like someone was giving you a run around months ago. Or else they just didn't know what they were talking about.

Wisconsin (25% true lottery drawings)
                            True Drawings: Mega Millions, Powerball
                            Computerized: 5 Card Cash, Badger 5, Megabucks, Pick 3, Pick 4, Super Cash

Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #162429
                              January 2, 2015
                              2305 Posts

Well I just called them. I said I was just on their website looking at the winning numbers for the last few days and noticed they had drawing videos for 7/28, 7/29, and 7/31, but not for the evening drawings for 7/30. What happened to it?

Lady said I'll pull it for for you. Then she said her computer was having an issue with it. Then she said she would call over to public affairs and put me on hold. She came back and said she would connect me to the drawing manager. He came on and I asked him. He said they had a problem with the video. Then he asked for my name and number and said he would call me back. 

Well he did. He said exactly what happened. They video tape all the drawings and they saw  they left a sign on the machine that wasn't supposed to be there.

Me: What did it say? 

DM: It said test.

Me: What do they test for?

DM: He explained that they do several tests before and after the drawing to make sure every thing is random and there's nothing wrong with the balls or machines.

Me: How many tests do they do? 

DM: 4 tests before and 4 tests after each draw for all games.

Me:  What are they looking for?

DM: We check to make sure a ball doesn't come up too many times in the same chamber and that every thing is random.

Me: So if the same number came up 4 or 5 times in the same position, what would happen?

DM: For example. On the pick 4, if the 5 came up in the first chamber 4 times in a row we would run additional tests.

Me: How many additional tests would they do?

DM: Several more. Up to 10.

Me: Does it matter how many times the same number keeps coming up? Say if the 5 came up 4 times in the 1st position, skipped once, then came up 2 or 3 times in the 3rd position what happens then?

DM: Nothing, that would alright.

Me: So if the 5 keeps coming up in the 1st position what happens?

DM: They pull the ball set and send it out for calibration to get weighed and measured.

Me: So what happens if they say the balls are ok?

DM: Then we'll test them and use them like we always do. 

Me: Okay thank you.

DM: If you have any more questions call back.

WOW!! I am impressed he answered all of your questions and didn't just blow you off.