Welcome Guest
You last visited May 25, 2019, 8:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XXVIII

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Cash$out.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92605
June 10, 2010
4515 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2018, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Starting next Tuesday, November 6th, PA Millionaire Raffle tickets go on sale. 

Between Nov 6th and the final drawing, there will be eight weekly drawings for 2 prizes of $50,000 each.  Final drawing date is January 5th, 2019.

A maximum of 500,000 tickets (price is $20 per ticket) will be sold, unless they don't sell that many tickets by the final drawing date.

Glad to see The PA Lottery brought back the raffle.  My thinking is they'll sell out as there has not been a raffle since last January's. G5

Players who've won large lottery jackpots have something in common. Many of them say "I've played the lottery for years, but I never won anything but small prizes."   That's normal or typical, but it's also why you should not get discouraged and stop playing.  Who knows?  Maybe someday you'll say "I've played the lottery for years...."

Pa
    United States
    Member #162112
    December 22, 2014
    143 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2018, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Changing my strategy from the last several raffles.  This year I will buy all my tickets in the last two weeks.  I know it is random, but the big winners usually come later in the raffle rather than earlier.  In years past I would try to spread out my tickets, but I wanted to try something different this time. Anyone who buys, please update this thread with approx. numbers. I know this counters the early bird raffle.  Just like the last several raffles, this one probably wont sell out.

NY State
      United States
      Member #92605
      June 10, 2010
      4515 Posts
      Posted: November 12, 2018, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Changing my strategy from the last several raffles.  This year I will buy all my tickets in the last two weeks.  I know it is random, but the big winners usually come later in the raffle rather than earlier.  In years past I would try to spread out my tickets, but I wanted to try something different this time. Anyone who buys, please update this thread with approx. numbers. I know this counters the early bird raffle.  Just like the last several raffles, this one probably wont sell out.

As I recall, in the last raffle The PA Lottery posted the range of ticket numbers that were eligible for each weekly drawing so you might be able to get an idea of how ticket sales are going if they do that again. G5

Players who've won large lottery jackpots have something in common. Many of them say "I've played the lottery for years, but I never won anything but small prizes."   That's normal or typical, but it's also why you should not get discouraged and stop playing.  Who knows?  Maybe someday you'll say "I've played the lottery for years...."

Pa
        United States
        Member #162112
        December 22, 2014
        143 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2018, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Tickets 00012625 and 00014599 won $50K for the first early bird raffle.

NY State
          United States
          Member #92605
          June 10, 2010
          4515 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2018, 7:50 am - IP Logged

Tickets 00012625 and 00014599 won $50K for the first early bird raffle.

With ticket number 00014599 winning $50,000 that means at least, 14,599 tickets were sold during the first week tickets were on sale.  That's a lot of tickets sold in one week compared to previous raffles where there was no early bird drawing.  For those raffles, ticket sales in the early weeks of the cycle were approximately 2,000 per week.  So the early bird drawings do bring in the cash to The PA Lottery.  It also means at the rate they've been selling for this raffle, tickets will very likely sell out.  G5

Pa
            United States
            Member #162112
            December 22, 2014
            143 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2018, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Roughly 39,000 tickets were sold week 1, and 35,000 were sold week 2 this year. Compared to the 4th of July 2017 raffle, sales are already behind for the second week, which had the early bird drawings. I couldn't track down the stats for the last New Years Raffle.   Typically the New Years Raffles are more popular than the defunct 4th of July Raffle.

NY State
              United States
              Member #92605
              June 10, 2010
              4515 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2018, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Roughly 39,000 tickets were sold week 1, and 35,000 were sold week 2 this year. Compared to the 4th of July 2017 raffle, sales are already behind for the second week, which had the early bird drawings. I couldn't track down the stats for the last New Years Raffle.   Typically the New Years Raffles are more popular than the defunct 4th of July Raffle.

That's an average of 37,000 tickets per week being sold.  If that rate was to continue, they'd sell a little less than 300,000.  Based upon the fact that in previous years tickets sold out for The New Years raffle, that makes me think that ticket sales around Christmas will be huge.  G5

Pa
                United States
                Member #162112
                December 22, 2014
                143 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2018, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

About 39,000 tickets sold in week 3, very brisk sales. 18,000 higher than last years 4th of July raffle through the same time frame.

Week two early bird winners were 66459 and 69847.

Pa
                  United States
                  Member #162112
                  December 22, 2014
                  143 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2018, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

42,000 tickets sold in week 4, nice steady increase.

United States
                    Member #194277
                    December 8, 2018
                    297 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2018, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Good luck to the participants and I hope they win the Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XXVIII!

Pa
                      United States
                      Member #162112
                      December 22, 2014
                      143 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2018, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

45,000 tickets sold in week 5. Should hit the halfway mark in sales around the 19th.

Pa
                        United States
                        Member #162112
                        December 22, 2014
                        143 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2018, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Halfway mark was reached yesterday.  54,000 sold in week 6.  18 more days to sell just under 250,000 tickets or 14,000 tickets per day to sell out.

Pa
                          United States
                          Member #162112
                          December 22, 2014
                          143 Posts
                          Posted: December 24, 2018, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Pace really picked up, sold 76,000 in 6 days, or just shy of 13,000 per day. 12 days left to sell 170,000 or 14,200 per day.

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92605
                            June 10, 2010
                            4515 Posts
                            Posted: December 26, 2018, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Pace really picked up, sold 76,000 in 6 days, or just shy of 13,000 per day. 12 days left to sell 170,000 or 14,200 per day.

I'm in a pool at work and I had mentioned to the guy who runs it that PA Millionaire Raffle tickets were for sale. He usually buys MM and PB tickets for the pool, and he said although he thought the odds were hard to ignore with the raffle, he wasn't sure if others in the pool would want to spend 20 bucks on one ticket that might win one million dollars when he could buy 10 PB tickets with that same 20 dollars that could win multiple millions.  I agreed with that. 

Yesterday he sent the email he sends out containing a PDF file with the tickets he just bought.  There was a PA Millionaire Raffle ticket among them. The ticket number is 347XXX and was purchased yesterday. G5

Pa
                              United States
                              Member #162112
                              December 22, 2014
                              143 Posts
                              Posted: December 27, 2018, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

365K sold, 135K remain. Just shy of 8 days until the drawing.  Need to sell a little more than 16K per day to sell out.  New Year's Eve day usually has monster sale volume.