Welcome Guest
You last visited July 3, 2020, 9:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time frame in winning California Scratcher

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 months ago by music*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
san pedro, ca
United States
Member #200298
August 16, 2019
1 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2019, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I won a 6 figure dollar amount on a California Scratcher, and on the Internet it claims it can up to 14 weeks to receive your money. 

I was told at the lottery office where I turned in my ticket that it would take 6 weeks, and I called the California Lottery in Sacramento, and they claimed about 7 weeks. 

I received my winnings in a check from the California State Controller Disbursement Bureau in exactly 4 weeks.  I took it in on a Friday, and 4 weeks to the Friday got my check. 

They took out only 24% Federal Taxes, and ZERO taxes are taken out of your winnings from the State.  California does not tax you for your winnings. Again, a 6 digit winnings, not a $1,000, $5,000, $20,000, but a six digit.  So they are a lot faster than what you read now on the net.

greatguy's avatar - peace
    Cali
    United States
    Member #198167
    May 13, 2019
    95 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2019, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Congrats!What Scratcher did you play & card number? Was it a number find or multipler?

Most claimers have been pretty quick turnaround, lately. Got mine in 6weeks on the 100X card.

Keep the peace~Gg

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      Fresno, California
      United States
      Member #157851
      August 2, 2014
      3856 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2019, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I won a 6 figure dollar amount on a California Scratcher, and on the Internet it claims it can up to 14 weeks to receive your money. 

I was told at the lottery office where I turned in my ticket that it would take 6 weeks, and I called the California Lottery in Sacramento, and they claimed about 7 weeks. 

I received my winnings in a check from the California State Controller Disbursement Bureau in exactly 4 weeks.  I took it in on a Friday, and 4 weeks to the Friday got my check. 

They took out only 24% Federal Taxes, and ZERO taxes are taken out of your winnings from the State.  California does not tax you for your winnings. Again, a 6 digit winnings, not a $1,000, $5,000, $20,000, but a six digit.  So they are a lot faster than what you read now on the net.

Thank You for your post reysvz. 

I am reminded of the saying, "Do not believe everything you read on the Internet." Abe Lincoln

I will use four weeks wait time. Priority may be given to extra large amounts won.  Like yours was a 6 figure dollar amount. 

I will write down, "California State Controller Disbursement Bureau."  The check does not come from the lottery but from the State Controller. I voted for her and I believe she is Betty Yea.

I will look at the zero taxes paid to California and consider that 13% savings as possible gifts to charities and friends.

The lottery took out 24% for the Feds. Contact your CPA and ask about the 13% still owed by April 15, 2020.  Total Fed tax is 37% on a six figure income. Double check that too with a CPA.

Congratulations on your win!!Party

When will COVID-19 be finished?  A vaccine may protect all of us.