Welcome Guest
You last visited June 2, 2020, 10:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Timing - When to play lottery numbers ??

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 4 months ago by kvb433.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT

United States
Member #197033
March 28, 2019
534 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2019, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

We all probably have collections of lottery programs by now [Pick 3/4], that produce winning numbers.  The question is not necessarily what numbers to play, but WHEN to play those numbers, to avoid carrying numbers for too long and wasting money.

Does anyone have any strategies for determining WHEN to play lottery numbers [Pick 3/4] ???

Before the store closes.

... Sooper dooper top seekrit winning numbers: 5 16 17 24 33 52 ...

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
    LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47728
    November 22, 2006
    6886 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2019, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

"Observe the measure,for right timing is in all things the most important factor!." 

~Hesiod, Ancient Greek Poet/Philosopher

Quando, Quando, Quando?

“Life is about timing.” 

--  Carl Lewis

-

United States
      Member #139775
      March 3, 2013
      223 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2019, 1:49 am - IP Logged

We all probably have collections of lottery programs by now [Pick 3/4], that produce winning numbers.  The question is not necessarily what numbers to play, but WHEN to play those numbers, to avoid carrying numbers for too long and wasting money.

Does anyone have any strategies for determining WHEN to play lottery numbers [Pick 3/4] ???

What you are probably looking for would be hit ranges.

In pick 3 or pick 4 you will need to look at box number hit ranges, where you would group hit and skips in 5 10 20 or more games. Some numbers come out more often than others so different groups of numbers have different hit ranges as well as each boxed number in the 220 for pick 3. By using a long history you can see what ranges hit most often for each number. Many boxed numbers hit in the hundreds of games out before a hit. While not a perfect methodology it can give you a good idea of which numbers are most likley to hit next.

GuesssWork's avatar - NWSqnM
        I-95
        United States
        Member #178805
        December 17, 2016
        1828 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2019, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Before the store closes.

Wrong, just before the cut of time Big Grin LOL

Pick-3:A Game Of Chance and Guesserie

a fool and his money are soon parted

99.46% Luck .54% Skill?Green laugh

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
          700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
          United States
          Member #200645
          September 1, 2019
          507 Posts
          Posted: December 13, 2019, 7:37 am - IP Logged

Wrong, just before the cut of time Big Grin LOL

I Agree! LOL

-Stat$talker

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
            LAS VEGAS
            United States
            Member #47728
            November 22, 2006
            6886 Posts
            Posted: December 13, 2019, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Patience is the TIMING of nature.

pavizlo$'s avatar - binary
              OKC, OK
              United States
              Member #120571
              December 22, 2011
              1278 Posts
              Posted: December 13, 2019, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

At the end of your state current 5 digit string if you know when the string ends.  It's 100% guaranty win.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Baltimore MD
                United States
                Member #202790
                December 9, 2019
                1 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2019, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Do you think quads are coming this month in Maryland? I'm looking for 8888 or 5555Disapprove

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
                  Vancouver BC
                  Canada
                  Member #96074
                  August 22, 2010
                  178 Posts
                  Posted: December 26, 2019, 1:29 am - IP Logged

I don't think there is one single answer to your question. Timing is a brick wall every prediction system hits. In some systems backtracks alone may indicate increased chances for the near future. For others this may not be the case. So predictability may be system dependent and you may have to figure out for yourself what's the case with your system or systems.

What I observed from simulations is that many systems hit more frequently if certain conditions are met. The simplest example: if your predictions select only singles and doubles dominate the draws you are not likely to hit much. That's the most basic condition that applies to all predictions. Many more may apply to your system and you should have at least a basic idea what they are.

Over the years on LP I noticed that the most common approach to timing issue is pick-and- wait. Nothing wrong with that but you need to consider the cost of waiting. Too long the wait may not offset the cost of playing. And waiting time is not always easy to estimate correctly. Personally I'm for very short wait times.

Some people use long term averages to estimate the waiting time. I find this too feeble and unreliable. Lotteries, even as simple as Pick 3 are random, not average, and in random environments averages fluctuate as well. So perhaps mean values as well as minimum and maximum waits should be considered for better accuracy.

Here is an example of a system in which only backtracks are sufficient to predict near future winners with a high degree of accuracy.

Take 8 digits out of 10 played in Pick 3 and wheel them for a box.

Observe how winners form streaks, several at a time, many times in a row, although there may be 1-2 draws breaks. When you see 2 wins in a row you have a streak forming. There is no guarantee that the streak will extend but chances are pretty good. There may be other factors coming into play as well but the backtrack showing the beginning of a streak is the absolute base.

Wheels for boxes for either singles or doubles have 56 combos each. How much can you earn with boxes? Not much at a time but consistently. However, 1 in 6 singles and 1 in 3 doubles will actually come out as straight even in a box wheel. Is there a potential for not only winning (which is easy as you can see) but also for making money?

This is the best timing strategy I could come up with so far - follow the winning streak. I haven't noticed anything better than this, although it may exist.

Unfortunately, for great majority of systems backtracks alone will not be able to predict winners. They will show how a system performed in the recent past but this may not be good enough to predict the near future. A different approach is needed. Again, it may be system dependent although I'm thinking about a predictability method that could be applied to all combo-based systems (the one above is a digit-based system). Such a predictability method could serve as an indicator a system may have increased chances of winning. I have some idea what this should be and lottery-123 gave me an inspiration when he asked if pyramids work. I would like to see (and not just presume) that they do win or don't, and in either case when and why. If pyramids can be evaluated this way with relatively good precision so can anything else that is combo-based, which means a huge majority of systems proposed on LP.

GuesssWork's avatar - NWSqnM
                    I-95
                    United States
                    Member #178805
                    December 17, 2016
                    1828 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2019, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

You have already pointed out hot cold and warm with red blue and pink lettering of your words?? That is a strategy in it's self no? When and how to play any system only god knows everything else is being very lucky..

Pick-3:A Game Of Chance and Guesserie

a fool and his money are soon parted

99.46% Luck .54% Skill?Green laugh

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
                      Vancouver BC
                      Canada
                      Member #96074
                      August 22, 2010
                      178 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2020, 12:01 am - IP Logged

As I indicated in my previous post timing (when and what to play) seems to be strictly system dependent. Some systems may rely on backtracks exclusively but for great majority it will not be enough. Here is my idea how to realistically improve predictability - using indicators based on simple statistical calculations.

I use sample data from Wisconsin Pick 3 and the method used is called Vtracks expanded; Vtracks in many versions were extensively discussed on LP in the past. Below is the description of what I do in this version of Vtrack and why I call it expanded.

When you want to time playing some prediction system first thing you want to know is how this system is performing; that's the essence of timing. In my opinion you need to verify 2 aspects of the system: how it performed in the recent past and what are its realistic (and not just wishful) projections for the future. The former requires backtracks, the latter making some presumptions regarding the short term expectations.

I already demonstrated (in other thread) that winning strongly depends on the quality of digits in your combos. What are the quality digits? The ones that stand and trend high on digit frequency charts. So my presumption is that these digits may provide the best scenario for the short term predictions. Below is the example.

In this example I use 4 best performers, with their current frequency and trends combined. These are, from highest to lowest: 5, 2, 8,7. However, their sequence in further calculations does not matter. What matters is that currently they are the best. Since digit frequencies may fluctuate rapidly, particularly with doubles being drawn, I intentionally selected only 15 latest draws for this computation to respond quickly to these fluctuations.

Now we have the basis for evaluating a system. In this example I use Vtrack V343. I ran into it by chance during testing and show it because it's quite illustrative of what the whole concept of prediction indicators is.

In white there are 8 prediction combos computed for the Vtrack V343. Then there are the prediction indicators. What do they mean?

The best digits are the statistically best digit performers, selected as above. The digit frequency indicator tells me how many of these best digits are included in the above combos. In this case it's 83%, or 20 out of 24. Not too bad.

But having good digits alone will not do. What also matters is how they are distributed between the combos. This may make a big difference.

Next, we look how these combos can score in the best case scenario: if 3 out of the best 4 digits hit again. For singles, there are 24 combination for the 4 best digits to cover all possibilities. The Vtrack 343 combos cover only 2 of those so it's still a long shot to win a single. 4 digits for doubles require 36 combinations and the Vtrack combos cover again only 2, so the shot is even longer. But pairs are a totally different story with much better chances to generate cash. It's important to see these percentages so you can apply appropriate strategy what to play. You don't select combos to just hit "something"; there is no such play category in any Pick 3. If playing singles or doubles ALWAYS select straight.

The last indicator relates to the current singles/doubles ratio, taken from the latest 15 draws. Doubles are overdue. They will start coming back so watch out for digit frequencies, doubles and pairs.

The prediction indicators I invented are just that - indicators that some selections are more likely to win than others if certain conditions are met, and in what categories; they are not guarantees. They also allow to compare different systems directly as they evaluate not HOW a system generates combos but WHAT combos, and if the output is playable or not, based on the selected criteria.

And this is how I would approach the issue of system timing. If the indicators and backtracks are good - why not to try it? And prior to that - compare with other systems. Needless to say this has to be computerized - indicators may change every day and Vtracks expanded alone have 500 different calculations; how much more for other systems with options? I need choices that are comparable so I can select what seems to be the best option. No guarantee that it will win but we are talking about improving probabilities, not guarantees. I think that's one of the ways to do timing and I will apply it to all my predictions - unless and until I discover something better (or perhaps LP members provide some inspiration, as destinycreation and lottery-123 did by asking their questions).

Another 2 cents of mine. Hopefully they can win you more than that.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17842
                        June 28, 2005
                        123700 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2020, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Luck is being in the right place at the right time with the right numbers.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Catch-22: A dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges: When the republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous.

Maspeth
                          United States
                          Member #203593
                          January 9, 2020
                          2 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2020, 11:57 am - IP Logged

hello, in any lottery there are two factors regarding the last draw, repetitions and delays, delays = short, medium and long, ok, focus at the beginning of the bet, and in the cycles then the number cycles within some variables and patterns,

Hi- is there a mathematical formula to predict the first and second digit on ny pick 4.  I'm interested only to get the two digits.  Thanks Tom

P.S if you want my email address, just respond

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
                            700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
                            United States
                            Member #200645
                            September 1, 2019
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: January 18, 2020, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Another way of knowing when to play numbers... getting a grip on Odds & Probability is ,for example...

* if you don't buy at least a ticket, your Probability of winning is 0 ( zero)...impossible.

* if you buy at least a QP, your. Probability of winning becomes most likely, iMpRoBabLe..

* if you study the Stats of your game, pick your own numbers , read the Odds & Probabilities correctly, ignoring the usual Mathematical compulsions when using Probability Math...you'll know exactly when to play any numbers..!. your Probability of winning thus becomes.....Impeccable...!!                                           

-Stat$talker

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

United States
                              Member #203711
                              January 14, 2020
                              252 Posts
                              Posted: January 18, 2020, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Well, actually, knowing what numbers to play is just as important as knowing when to play. Also, knowing when not to play may be just as important as knowing when to play. As it turns out, the size of the group of numbers is tied into whether it's important to know when to play or to know when not to play and how important it is. Let's look at a few examples to understand this.

So, let's say that ,hypothetically, you were somehow able to play the largest group of numbers of all with all 1000 possible Pick3 combinations. Obviously, you wouldn't have to be concerned with losing. You could play all 1000 combos on every draw and always win. In this case, the question doesn't really apply because there is no time not to play.

Now, let's say you were somehow able to play the next largest group of numbers with all 720 singles and no repeating numbers. Obviously, you wouldn't no longer have to be concerned with losing. You could not play all 720 singles on every draw and always win. Although, you could play on every draw and win most of the time. In this case, it becomes a question of when not to play.

Let's now say you were to only play the next largest group of all 280 repeating numbers. Obviously, you would have to be concerned with losing. You could not play all 280 singles on every draw and always win. You would lose most of the time. Now, in this case, it becomes a question of when to play.

So, based on this, when playing a small(er) group of numbers it becomes a question of when to play. However, knowing when not to play can still matter when playing a small(er) group of numbers. In conclusion, if you want to avoid more losses and to win more often with a small(er) group of numbers it is important to know when not to play too. But, since we're limited to playing only small(er) groups of numbers, it is ,indeed, more of a question of when to play those numbers as opposed to when not to play them.

Okay. This ,of course, doesn't answer your question of when to play. In order to know when to play you have to take theoretical probability into account in terms of ratios. Also, you would need to take sequences and patterns into account. So, you would need to take both probability-based ratios and sequences/patterns into account with the group of numbers you choose to play.

So, here it goes. I will now spill the beans on a couple of secrets. If you're playing singles, the most secure time to play them is after at least four consecutive singles have come out. This means that the most secure time to play singles is starting when you see four or more consecutive singles. Also, it is okay to play singles directly after the first repeating number comes out. Now, if you're playing repeating numbers the best time to play is right after three consecutive singles, but only if there are at least four consecutive singles preceding the last repeating number.