Welcome Guest
You last visited July 3, 2020, 9:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wheels for any lotto game

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 months ago by LottoBux.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #202961
December 16, 2019
9 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2020, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Hi 

Joined Lottery Post recently. I have been searching this website for a simple programme that can wheel any set of numbers for any lotto game. I say a simple programme because it doesn't need to have any bells and whistles. A full wheel generator with an option of a few filters and capability of printing the generated wheel. Looking out for responses.

Thanks.

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
    Member #57791
    January 19, 2008
    2547 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2020, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

See Ya!  Welcome To this lottery site.I do not use programme wheel . I just play  Quick Picks numbers.  Lottery Post has an wheel and it very good.

Australia
      Member #202961
      December 16, 2019
      9 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2020, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your input. have looked at the wheels on the Lottery Post website. However I find them limiting. Playing quick picks is boring in my view. yeah, you win small cash amounts every now and then, but this doesn't excite me much.

Canada
        Member #203925
        January 22, 2020
        6 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2020, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

give example of game and how many numbers/combos/tickets you want to generate, i may help

lucasbehr's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
          Hamburg
          Germany
          Member #204080
          January 28, 2020
          6 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2020, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I want to try some of the succesful preditors here.. to follow their tips, I suspect some of them are long time players, probably having some good wheels at hand... saves time. Or simply go for a QuickPick here at Lottery Post or any random number generator site out there, after all Lotto is a game of chance. any pick has a same chance to win.

Australia
            Member #202961
            December 16, 2019
            9 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2020, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Hi Prtt

Thanks for your email and contribution to the topic I started. Sorry for not responding quickly, have been very busy. 

What I'm looking for is a program that can generate any wheel you specify. For example, for a pick 3 or 4 game  that has say 1 to 99 for the number set in the lotto game. The order of the numbers doesn't matter. Let say one selects 15 numbers from the number set in the lotto game one is playing. The program will generate all the possible combinations of the 15 numbers that you have chosen to wheel. In this case all the 3-number combinations of your selected 15 numbers in a pick 3 scenario( 455 playing lines in all). I hope you get what I'm saying.

I had a program of this kind that I got off the internet years ago but  I have gone through a lot of desktops and laptops and lost the program in the process.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Cheers.

Australia
              Member #202961
              December 16, 2019
              9 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2020, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Hi Lucasbehr

Thanks for your contribution to my post. I also believe lotto is purely a game of chance. Quick pick is a quick and easy way to play a lotto game but your chance of winning big is very slim. They may give you some lower division wins every now and then,  but if you have a way of selecting numbers you play with your instincts, your winnings are decent. You may not win the jackpot but may be ahead in terms of what you put in and you get back.

Canada
                Member #203925
                January 22, 2020
                6 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2020, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

got it.

i have a program that do that easy. for example, you select 15 numbers and want to make combo "3 from 15", it will give you 455 different combination. btw, formula to calculate tickets -

n from m

m*(m-1)*(m-2) / n *(n-1)*(n-2), where numbers of multiplier is n

15*14*13/3*2*1 =  455.

lets call it it straight combo "n from m". of course, numbers of tickets will be big.

but, i have even better wheel system for you.

for example, you want to "lock" group of numbers and then add another group for combo.

for example "6/49" game,

you want to play "14, 22, 29" on every ticket with reminding 3 numbers from "1, 9, 15, 30, 40, 49"

this will create 2 groups 

group 1 - "3 from 3"

group 2 - "3 from 6"

total number of tickets 3*2*1/3*2*1 x 6*5*4/3*2*1 = 20

this would be saving you tons of money not playing every ticket possible, but just "wait" for your 3 "fixed" numbers to come and hope for "rest" ;)

example, to win powerball second category prize $1,000,000 (if you not to crazy to hunt for 1st prize), you can "lock" 4 numbers + 1 from 65, cost you $65, but chances is much bigger, once your 4 numbers appears.

also, you may have different numbers of groups, not just 2, if fact you can create so many groups as so many numbers in your game. for "6/49" up to six groups, for "keno" up 10 groups, etc.

for example, "2 from 3", "2 from 3", "2 from 3", which giving you chance to have 1 mistake in each group.

for example, "2 from 4", "2 from 4", "2 from 4", which giving you chance to have 2 mistake in each group.

making it short.

i have system to generate *any* combination from any combination of groups. right now i am working on actual translation those combination to print marks on actual lottery slip, done for most canada, usa is next, but i can always add option to just download csv file.

if you have example of real game from your state, let me know, i will setup you in "real" time to see how its works (and csv option if you need it).

ty, prtt

Australia
                  Member #202961
                  December 16, 2019
                  9 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2020, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi

Thanks Prtt. What you described in your post is exactly the kind of program I need. Your explanation too was very clear. You seem also to be very disciplined in your approach to playing games. The program that I downloaded off the internet  years ago was a real help. Didn't win the jp but was always ahead. I targeted the lower division prizes and when my chosen number are drawn I get multiple wins.

The games in Australia is 6/45 with 2 supplementary  numbers from the same number set(1-45). There is no repeat of any of the 6 wining numbers in the 2 supplementary  numbers. The Powerball game is 7/40 and the Powerball is drawn from 1- 20. Any of the 7 wining numbers drawn could come up as the Powerball. The entry coupons have 18 games each.

I'm interested in all the programs you have so l eagerly await your post. Cheers.

Canada
                    Member #203925
                    January 22, 2020
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2020, 10:18 am - IP Logged

hi, so you in Australia? ;) was watching excellent tennis here in canada. so, how do you prefer to have your results be - in csv excel file to download or directly viewing onscreen with ability to print then on actual slips? if view/print i will need empty tickets samples for each game, preferably by mail, because i have to scan very exact, or if you have any ability to scan and send images by e-mail, that would work too, but has to be 100% scan fit, not adjusted in any way. please let me know, i am working right now to setup your files, couple days... ty, prtt

Australia
                      Member #202961
                      December 16, 2019
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2020, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Hi Prtt

I have sent you a private  message  but not sure whether  it got through. There is nothing  in my LP message  box to confirm  that my message  was sent.

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1

United States
                        Member #202923
                        December 14, 2019
                        267 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2020, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

It sounds like you want full wheels with filters. They are easy to generate if you know basic combinatorics, as prtt showed. They are fine for wheeling a small set of numbers, but quickly become inefficient for 10 or more numbers.

The abbreviated wheels on this site, Bluskov's and Howard's books, software such as Covermaster, etc., those are more sophisticated because they cover combinations in a minimal way, and generating them is non-trivial. (It was basically Bluskov's PhD thesis, which is floating around online if you want Togo digging.) But you can save a lot of money learning to use tools that generate abbreviated wheels, so I think you should not write them off just yet.

Australia
                          Member #202961
                          December 16, 2019
                          9 Posts
                          Posted: February 7, 2020, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Hi db101

Thanks for your contribution. Like l said in my opening post, I'm new member of LP so am still checking out all the stuff on the LP website. I have just had a look at the wheel resources on offer to members. They're quite decent. You must be a platinum  member to have access to the premium abbreviated wheels. I'm only a standard member.

Cheers.

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1

United States
                            Member #202923
                            December 14, 2019
                            267 Posts
                            Posted: February 8, 2020, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Hi db101

Thanks for your contribution. Like l said in my opening post, I'm new member of LP so am still checking out all the stuff on the LP website. I have just had a look at the wheel resources on offer to members. They're quite decent. You must be a platinum  member to have access to the premium abbreviated wheels. I'm only a standard member.

Cheers.

I don't have a LP membership to view the abbr wheels here, but the wheel page says some of them come from Bluskov, and I have read one of his wheel books so that's why I recommended them. I meant to write in my previous post that Covermaster is a very good no frills program that will generate both abbreviated and full wheels too with tue right settings, but you'd have to import them into Excel or Google Sheets to apply filtering formulas. As far as I know the only way to get Covermaster now is from a web archive.

Australia
                              Member #202961
                              December 16, 2019
                              9 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2020, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Hi

I have searched  the web for covermaster but it appears one needs a password to download it. There is a link to click on to get the password but it doesn't. Work.