Welcome Guest
You last visited January 15, 2021, 5:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Jackpot

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 months ago by Unlucky-Kenny.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #107240
March 4, 2011
1120 Posts

Just thought it looked so weird seeing the Powerball jackpot sitting at ONLY $22,000,000.

It's like we're traveling back in time. 

Just weird to see. Been what seems like forever since seeing it.

Stay safe all and good luck!

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

hearsetrax's avatar - alien on_computer.jpg

United States
    Member #52343
    May 21, 2007
    3320 Posts

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      26009 Posts

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        26009 Posts

Agreed, very strange!  The last time it was this low was December 28, 2011.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Florida
          United States
          Member #186825
          January 2, 2018
          305 Posts

It appears Powerball sales were stronger Saturday than megaMillions on Friday. Powerball jackpot was a fraction of megaMillions.

United States
            Member #107240
            March 4, 2011
            1120 Posts

Hey hearse,

Ain't that the truth.

I wish someone would change the channel! And not put us on Gilligan's Island either. I'll not make it on coconuts and morning dew.

Stay safe there and tell the kitties hey!

United States
              Member #107240
              March 4, 2011
              1120 Posts

Agreed, very strange!  The last time it was this low was December 28, 2011.

[Sorry about that Todd! Was a long day and night. Will watch what I do better.]

Gah, that seems like forever ago. And just reaffirms me as to how old I am.

(SIGH!)

Stay safe there and best of luck!

United States
                Member #107240
                March 4, 2011
                1120 Posts

It appears Powerball sales were stronger Saturday than megaMillions on Friday. Powerball jackpot was a fraction of megaMillions.

Hi MsBee1,

You'd think that would send the megaMillions a message that maybe something isn't right.

I've always preferred Powerball myself though, so it could mean nothing. Something just always "felt" off about the megaMillions game to me. Never could put my finger on it, but never did play it much.

Stay safe there and best of luck to you!

Louisiana
                  United States
                  Member #191895
                  August 27, 2018
                  695 Posts

I've not bought lottery tickets since March 16th! Yikes! No Pity!

All number sets are contenders until the drawing occurs.

Unlucky-Kenny's avatar - Cigar B1.gif
                    HUDSON, WI
                    United States
                    Member #202058
                    November 7, 2019
                    1455 Posts

Hi MsBee1,

You'd think that would send the megaMillions a message that maybe something isn't right.

I've always preferred Powerball myself though, so it could mean nothing. Something just always "felt" off about the megaMillions game to me. Never could put my finger on it, but never did play it much.

Stay safe there and best of luck to you!

I remember a long time ago when I asked for a PB ticket from a clerk and they said "That will be $2" and I shook my head in disbelief "since when?" "since yesterday!". Then the older guy behind me blew up about the price hike he just learned about too - he had a stack of PB slips so his bottom line got hammered LOL

I miss the $1 PB.

I wasn't in tune with the news back then - I remember when Hot Lotto closed too. I always preferred the $1 game, but I think that was a lot smaller of a jackpot compared to PB.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55887
                      October 23, 2007
                      10717 Posts

So, this isn't pointing fingers, or condemning, or arguing. But I was sitting here reading the threads about MM and PB doing what they're doing, and thought about scratchoffs. Yeah, kind of apples and oranges, but whatever.

People are up in arms about PB and MM being $2 a ticket, starting jackpots $20 million. Well, here in Texas, and I imagine quite a few states, there are scratchoff tickets that pay out $1 million, up to $5 million, or more. Those tickets cost $20 to $50 EACH. Now, I don't buy those, because dropping that kind of coin is Crazy.

However, how many people upset about PB and MM actually buy those high dollar scratchoffs?

Just wondering.

And, yes, I am aware of the difference in odds between the games and scratchoffs.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Unlucky-Kenny's avatar - Cigar B1.gif
                        HUDSON, WI
                        United States
                        Member #202058
                        November 7, 2019
                        1455 Posts

So, this isn't pointing fingers, or condemning, or arguing. But I was sitting here reading the threads about MM and PB doing what they're doing, and thought about scratchoffs. Yeah, kind of apples and oranges, but whatever.

People are up in arms about PB and MM being $2 a ticket, starting jackpots $20 million. Well, here in Texas, and I imagine quite a few states, there are scratchoff tickets that pay out $1 million, up to $5 million, or more. Those tickets cost $20 to $50 EACH. Now, I don't buy those, because dropping that kind of coin is Crazy.

However, how many people upset about PB and MM actually buy those high dollar scratchoffs?

Just wondering.

And, yes, I am aware of the difference in odds between the games and scratchoffs.

I cannot stomach the big $20+ scratch cards - and with my luck I always buy from the store who only gets graced with losers.

I'm sure there are plenty who would rather buy 1 $20 card instead of 10 PB tickets - but I cant do it.

Id rather move to TX and play the 4 draw a day games Smiley

Does anyone think there is a difference between a) buying a ticket that could win "anywhere" or b) buying scratch cards from a store that might not have any jackpots even if you bought every single one?

Just curious.