Welcome Guest
You last visited January 15, 2021, 5:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wrote the lottery commission

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #207454
June 16, 2020
2 Posts

Hello,

I emailed the lottery commission.

Here is the message:

"

In 2012, the rules were changed to help generate bigger jackpots. The price of tickets were raised to 2 USD, the jackpot starting point was at 40 Million with minimum rollover of 5 Million.

Now what we have is a lower jackpot and lower rollover than in the past but the same price of 2 USD. With these changes, it will not surprise me if the powerball game ends up not generating sales. If the lottery commission is going to take away all the justification for the 2012 price increase, then it should also reduce its price. Using covid as an excuse is garbage and people see right through it.

"

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    USN United States Navy
    Fresno, California
    United States
    Member #157851
    August 2, 2014
    3959 Posts

clelmentwood,  Which lottery commission and which State did you write too? Good Luck!!

United States
      Member #207454
      June 16, 2020
      2 Posts

Ohio. I know it will not change anything, but I just had to tell them my thoughts.

Ranett's avatar - NBie0qv

United States
        Member #201960
        November 3, 2019
        580 Posts

Good luck.Big Smile  I haven't bought a powerball ticket since January. Don't plan on buying tickets to either game this summer.

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
          USN United States Navy
          Fresno, California
          United States
          Member #157851
          August 2, 2014
          3959 Posts

Ohio. I know it will not change anything, but I just had to tell them my thoughts.

Ohio. A State which gave us many Presidents. 

Good to exercise your freedoms. Never say Never. You do not know how your drop of rain will fill up the pail.

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17842
            June 28, 2005
            137287 Posts

Hello,

I emailed the lottery commission.

Here is the message:

"

In 2012, the rules were changed to help generate bigger jackpots. The price of tickets were raised to 2 USD, the jackpot starting point was at 40 Million with minimum rollover of 5 Million.

Now what we have is a lower jackpot and lower rollover than in the past but the same price of 2 USD. With these changes, it will not surprise me if the powerball game ends up not generating sales. If the lottery commission is going to take away all the justification for the 2012 price increase, then it should also reduce its price. Using covid as an excuse is garbage and people see right through it.

"

FYI: The PowerBall Changes made the Lottery Post Lottery News Forum a couple of Months Ago:

Powerball to lower Jackpot Starting Point and increases due to plunge in sales!

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/331398

Declining lottery sales prompt more Powerball Jackpot Changes!

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/331520

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Catch-22: A dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges: When the republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous.