Welcome Guest
You last visited January 25, 2021, 7:33 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I won, but how much?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 12 days ago by Unluckyone.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
KY Floyd's avatar - lysol avatar.jpg
NY
United States
Member #23834
October 16, 2005
4322 Posts

The notification email is a bit contradictory on the amount, but I know it's legitimate because the claims agent is both certified, and accredited.

The U.K. National Lottery Online Lottery Promo Dept. Customer Service. PO Box 1010 Liverpool L70 1NL United Kingdom. Date of Notification 10-01-2021 Ref N0: KKL/08-003/GA. Attn: Winner. Congratulations! Your e-mail address attached to the Batch N0:P2/0056 with Serial number: 06/1055 drew, 08-01-21 [5] [11] [13] [17] [14] [48] [25], which subsequently won you a prize in the category “B”. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £4,800,000.00 (One Million , Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) in cash credited to file Ref N0: KKL/08-003/GA.

Please be advised as follows: To file for your claim, kindly send text to our certified and accredited claims agent with the information below: *********************************************** Name: James Ilori phone : 447451 208881 Claims processing agent For: The U.K National Lottery. *********************************************** You are advised to provide him with the following information: Names: Email: Telephone/Fax number: Nationality: Age: Occupation: Yours Faithfully, Mrs Janet Spencer Online Co-ordinator UK National Lottery Promo

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    26033 Posts

This is obviously a scam, why are you claiming it's real?  We try to educate people about scams -- not make them worse by causing confusion.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
      700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
      United States
      Member #200645
      September 1, 2019
      753 Posts

He's a #45ver... possessing unbridled  Crazy sTuPiDiTy...!!  Spreading "Fake News"

BTW... CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS..!!   You've also won "The Brooklyn Bridge"..!! Green laugh

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

MatrixMan369's avatar - pyramid
        Florida
        United States
        Member #209969
        September 22, 2020
        378 Posts

I agree this sounds like a scam.

"My calculations are based on the SCIENCE of LETTERS, NUMBERS and ASTROLOGY," W.D.Gann

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32651
          February 14, 2006
          9076 Posts

The notification email is a bit contradictory on the amount, but I know it's legitimate because the claims agent is both certified, and accredited.

The U.K. National Lottery Online Lottery Promo Dept. Customer Service. PO Box 1010 Liverpool L70 1NL United Kingdom. Date of Notification 10-01-2021 Ref N0: KKL/08-003/GA. Attn: Winner. Congratulations! Your e-mail address attached to the Batch N0:P2/0056 with Serial number: 06/1055 drew, 08-01-21 [5] [11] [13] [17] [14] [48] [25], which subsequently won you a prize in the category “B”. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £4,800,000.00 (One Million , Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) in cash credited to file Ref N0: KKL/08-003/GA.

Please be advised as follows: To file for your claim, kindly send text to our certified and accredited claims agent with the information below: *********************************************** Name: James Ilori phone : 447451 208881 Claims processing agent For: The U.K National Lottery. *********************************************** You are advised to provide him with the following information: Names: Email: Telephone/Fax number: Nationality: Age: Occupation: Yours Faithfully, Mrs Janet Spencer Online Co-ordinator UK National Lottery Promo

Interesting parody, Floyd and hopefully it will help people understand no matter how good it looks, it's probably not true. In this example a Red Flag should be raised when someone sends you an email asking for your email address. 

Another thing shows it's an obvious scam is the scammer made a 3,3 million pound mistake on the winnings.

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32651
            February 14, 2006
            9076 Posts

He's a #45ver... possessing unbridled  Crazy sTuPiDiTy...!!  Spreading "Fake News"

BTW... CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS..!!   You've also won "The Brooklyn Bridge"..!! Green laugh

Looks like an example of lottery satire to me.

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
              Member #9517
              December 10, 2004
              1770 Posts

Remember having bought tickets? No? It's a scam.

Have tickets? Check with the official lottery website.

Australia
                Member #198423
                May 24, 2019
                31 Posts

You didn't win anything... It's a scam. Just google "Janet Spencer Online Co-ordinator UK National Lottery" and there's heaps of results regarding lottery scams.

United States
                  Member #149390
                  November 30, 2013
                  61 Posts

Your failure (and others obviously) to recognize the facetiousness of his post makes you the pot as the old saying goes. . .

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Retired.
                    In front of my computer.
                    United States
                    Member #90247
                    April 24, 2010
                    9815 Posts

Congratulations!!! You won $2,053,169.07 US dollars. Please send a small fee to cover the cost of processing your prize. Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

KY Floyd's avatar - lysol avatar.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #23834
                      October 16, 2005
                      4322 Posts

"not make them worse by causing confusion."

I know some of the members here aren't especially bright, but I would have thought this was one area where they wouldn't be confused all that easily. The responses make it look like everybody recognized it as a scam, although other aspects of it apparently proved too difficult for some to grasp.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        26033 Posts

"not make them worse by causing confusion."

I know some of the members here aren't especially bright, but I would have thought this was one area where they wouldn't be confused all that easily. The responses make it look like everybody recognized it as a scam, although other aspects of it apparently proved too difficult for some to grasp.

Actually the members here tend to be pretty smart.  Not sure why you would insult people like that.

Anyway, if you're going to post about a scam, you should be aware that posting "satire" is not a good idea, because your "satire" might be interpreted completely differently by someone who either does not share your type of humor, or perhaps English is not their first language and they take you seriously.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
                          Member #176415
                          August 4, 2016
                          210 Posts

Your failure (and others obviously) to recognize the facetiousness of his post makes you the pot as the old saying goes. . .

I agree, Just another 🤡