Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2021, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Rules in different Countries?

14 replies. Last post 6 hours ago by Karen Nathan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Miami Florida
United States
Member #191036
July 13, 2018
436 Posts

I remember on a YouTube Video about Lottery Winners, a YouTube Ppster commented something like,"Oh my God in The United States they tell Tand show the Public who the Lottery Winner is? And the Winner can only get paid if they do Public Press Conferences? How horrible! In my Country of Latvia, the Lottery Winners are paid in private to prevent trouble. The Public doesn't get told who won The Lottery. United States REALLY needs to adopt Latvia Lottery Rules and very soon!"

"What's your ADDRESS?" May be the CREEPIEST question EVER asked to a Lottery Winner! O.O WTF?

At first, I found the one digit away draws kind of amusing, but now I am PISSED! 15 or 16 times I was off by just one digit in recent times!🤬 No longer find this amusing, it's making me REALLY angry now!🤬

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32651
    February 14, 2006
    9272 Posts

I remember on a YouTube Video about Lottery Winners, a YouTube Ppster commented something like,"Oh my God in The United States they tell Tand show the Public who the Lottery Winner is? And the Winner can only get paid if they do Public Press Conferences? How horrible! In my Country of Latvia, the Lottery Winners are paid in private to prevent trouble. The Public doesn't get told who won The Lottery. United States REALLY needs to adopt Latvia Lottery Rules and very soon!"

"United States REALLY needs to adopt Latvia Lottery Rules and very soon!"

In the U.S. several individual states created lotteries, but their rules only apply within their state borders. The best example are the multiple state games like PB and MM where winning tickets can only be cashed in the state where the player bought the ticket. Even though jackpots are from contributions from each lottery jurisdiction, each one is responsible for paying only their secondary game prizes.

FYI, there are 40 states larger than Latvia and 37 states have larger populations. 

Here's a link to a LP discussion on blind trusts that explains state lottery rules and regulations.

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

Miami Florida
      United States
      Member #191036
      July 13, 2018
      436 Posts

"United States REALLY needs to adopt Latvia Lottery Rules and very soon!"

In the U.S. several individual states created lotteries, but their rules only apply within their state borders. The best example are the multiple state games like PB and MM where winning tickets can only be cashed in the state where the player bought the ticket. Even though jackpots are from contributions from each lottery jurisdiction, each one is responsible for paying only their secondary game prizes.

FYI, there are 40 states larger than Latvia and 37 states have larger populations. 

Here's a link to a LP discussion on blind trusts that explains state lottery rules and regulations.

Latvia is just a stand in for whatever Country they were from. :) I don't remember the exact Country it was, but it wasn't United States. :)

"What's your ADDRESS?" May be the CREEPIEST question EVER asked to a Lottery Winner! O.O WTF?

At first, I found the one digit away draws kind of amusing, but now I am PISSED! 15 or 16 times I was off by just one digit in recent times!🤬 No longer find this amusing, it's making me REALLY angry now!🤬

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30469
        January 17, 2006
        11598 Posts

Karen,

A member here from Australia once posted that in Australia not only cam people claim anonymously but also on the play slips there is a NP box to check, No Publicity.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any. So many systems, so many theories, so few jackpot winners. 

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Miami Florida
          United States
          Member #191036
          July 13, 2018
          436 Posts

Karen,

A member here from Australia once posted that in Australia not only cam people claim anonymously but also on the play slips there is a NP box to check, No Publicity.

:) That's REALLY smart of Australia to do! :) I know I personally wouldn't want a bunch of Random Strangers knowing I won Millions of dollars! Hmm. Maybe not even Family and Friends for that matter....

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32651
            February 14, 2006
            9272 Posts

Latvia is just a stand in for whatever Country they were from. :) I don't remember the exact Country it was, but it wasn't United States. :)

I was just replying to "United States REALLY needs to adopt Latvia Lottery Rules and very soon!" and pointing out there is no United States Lottery.

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

Miami Florida
              United States
              Member #191036
              July 13, 2018
              436 Posts

I was just replying to "United States REALLY needs to adopt Latvia Lottery Rules and very soon!" and pointing out there is no United States Lottery.

The Poster who wrote that is from a completely different Country, so....;)

Speler's avatar - me

Belgium
                Member #214858
                April 17, 2021
                814 Posts

Internet forums! You write and post, drunk or sober, pissed of or happy.

For the rest, there is more than the USA. How about Taliban lotto? Flying out 300 cookooks' babies ...  How about black african and jihad lotto? On a boat over the Channel for GB? Some won free camping and later got free hotel near Calais. Two drawings this year, a total of around 200 winners! The jp-winners made it to the beach of the south coast. ...

Speler's avatar - me

Belgium
                  Member #214858
                  April 17, 2021
                  814 Posts

I prefer to see criminal immigration from Latvia to african immigration spreading.

Miami Florida
                    United States
                    Member #191036
                    July 13, 2018
                    436 Posts

On a YouTube Video of a Couple who accidentally threw away their trash and literally got it back at the last minute when the morning trash was set to be picked up or something like that, the Winning ticket was a one Million dollar ticket. :) They got about a $400,000 after taxes and fees after choosing lump sum. Posters from different Countries were like,"In my Country, Lottery Wins are not taxed and there are no fees. 1 Million is 1 Million in my Country." Other Posters questioned the $600,000 in taxes and fees and People had to tell them that since they chose a lump sum, taxes and fees are a lot higher than if they chose an Annuity.

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - m3mmXTt
                      Flat Earth
                      United States
                      Member #161360
                      November 27, 2014
                      307 Posts

I hear they are going to implement a rule, where you have to get a jab in your butthole if you want to buy a lottery ticket in Australia.Eek

Sounds reasonable. 

Wouldn't want to murder grandma while buying your lottery ticket now would ya?No No

Brandon should maybe implement that rule in the USA?

I have been buying lottery tickets during this whole plandemic.  It is getting quite tiring stepping over all the dead grandmas at the smoke shop when I am just trying to buy a lottery ticket.Crying

Sometimes I cry as I climb over all the dead grandmas, but when I get home, I dont feel so bad, because grandma, you shouldn't be smoking all those Marlboros.No No  Those things will kill you!Dead

Ricklou's avatar - thumb 162138.jpg

South Africa
                        Member #129816
                        June 28, 2012
                        1132 Posts

In South Africa we have GHOSTS winning the lottery! -All under the name of anonymity.It also fit the corruption agenda and hand in state coffers for goverment. You guys in the USA should each day be grateful that your laws are stringent -at least your lotteries are more credible as you hear from actual winners and not GHOSTSWhite Bounce

We got a saying...........aye can you smell the corruption!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                          Kunming
                          China
                          Member #57908
                          January 23, 2008
                          4862 Posts

In China you can dress up as a character (panda bear, Mickey Mouse, dog, cat, etc.) to have your picture taken with the Big lottery check. Most stay anonymous. No problem.

I believe in Occam's razor:

The Simplest Answer is Usually Correct.Yes Nod

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            The Hall Of The Mountain Kings
                            United States
                            Member #73902
                            April 28, 2009
                            14965 Posts

In China you can dress up as a character (panda bear, Mickey Mouse, dog, cat, etc.) to have your picture taken with the Big lottery check. Most stay anonymous. No problem.

If I won the big lottery in China, I would dress up as Chiang Kai-Shek.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Miami Florida
                              United States
                              Member #191036
                              July 13, 2018
                              436 Posts

In Jamaica, the actual Country, not Jamaica, New York, ;) a Jamaican man who won The Jamaican Lottery claimed his Winnings wearing a Ghostface Costume! LMAO! :D Love it! :D Smart man! :D The even smarter thing is that Ghostface is an ENTIRE body Costume, not just a mask unlike Jason Voorhees Mask that only covers your face but leaves the body wide open. A Ghostface Costume is ideal! :D