Welcome Guest
You last visited January 26, 2022, 12:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looking for my stolen ticket

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 months ago by gr8ter.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
beenrippedoff's avatar - Lottery-047.jpg
santa barbara calif.
United States
Member #207965
July 8, 2020
6 Posts

Well, I proved that a clerk had stolen my winning ticket, after she told me it was not a winner. Then changed it to a dollar winner when I wanted it back. The Retailer has never had my validated ticket or cash authorization receipt, no ticket information was ever sent to Sacramento and recorded.This broke Lottery rules. But, here is the kicker. The Retailer was on the ballot for `the state wide school board election. So it was determined that I didn't matter. The Lottery has flat out lied to me. When I make this news on tv I will be mentioning names. The Lottery has even made it impossible to get any information from public information. Told me changes were made to public information. Just more lies. Calif. Lottery claims transparency, I don't think so. All I need is the date my ticket was sold, and I can rip the rug right out from those lying bas***** feet. I bought a lot of tickets in this time frame. Don't know the exact date. Florida has a web site with all the ticket information on it. If I could find something like that this mess would end. Any body got any ideas? The lottery can look up the retailer and see it on their computer in less then one minute. They act confused because I caught a manager in a huge lie that they know was breaking the law by defrauding me. Can I get a court order or something? Any ideas would be appreciated,  thx beenrippedoff

HoLeeKau's avatar - 40827 jpg?1576607320
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94279
    July 17, 2010
    2423 Posts

How much did your ticket win? 

Personally, I'd hire a lawyer if I was positive it was a winner.

Droptop209's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      Newman, California
      United States
      Member #193980
      November 24, 2018
      48 Posts

Did you use the in-store scanner to check the ticket before you handed it to the clerk?  Most retailers have a scanner in the store.

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        Same #'s, different games.
        Here
        United States
        Member #90247
        April 24, 2010
        11003 Posts

The best way to stop a cheating clerk from ripping you off is to sign the back of the ticket before you go to cash it. 

The lottery is the same way. 

https://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis

Miami Florida
          United States
          Member #191036
          July 13, 2018
          510 Posts

Well, I proved that a clerk had stolen my winning ticket, after she told me it was not a winner. Then changed it to a dollar winner when I wanted it back. The Retailer has never had my validated ticket or cash authorization receipt, no ticket information was ever sent to Sacramento and recorded.This broke Lottery rules. But, here is the kicker. The Retailer was on the ballot for `the state wide school board election. So it was determined that I didn't matter. The Lottery has flat out lied to me. When I make this news on tv I will be mentioning names. The Lottery has even made it impossible to get any information from public information. Told me changes were made to public information. Just more lies. Calif. Lottery claims transparency, I don't think so. All I need is the date my ticket was sold, and I can rip the rug right out from those lying bas***** feet. I bought a lot of tickets in this time frame. Don't know the exact date. Florida has a web site with all the ticket information on it. If I could find something like that this mess would end. Any body got any ideas? The lottery can look up the retailer and see it on their computer in less then one minute. They act confused because I caught a manager in a huge lie that they know was breaking the law by defrauding me. Can I get a court order or something? Any ideas would be appreciated,  thx beenrippedoff

Oh, that sucks majorly. This reminds me of when a guy said a Lottery Clerk tried to steal $5 from his Lottery Winnings. From a Winning Front Pair Pick  4  DRAW ticket.... His Winnings was $25 and she gave him $20. He responded something like,"I'm sure your Boss or Bosses and Lottery Corporate will love to know that you attempt to steal $5 from your Customers." She made up flimsy excuses and he was like,"Please just give me my other $5. " She gave him the other $5 and he said something like,"I informed her I would still be reporting her to her Boss or Bosses and Lottery Corporate because she shouldn't have attempted to steal my $5 in the first place." Some Lottery Clerks are trash... Good for you for really putting your foot down in this!

"What's your ADDRESS?" May be the CREEPIEST question EVER asked to a Lottery Winner! O.O WTF?

At first, I found the one digit away draws kind of amusing, but now I am PISSED! 15 or 16 times I was off by just one digit in recent times!🤬 No longer find this amusing, it's making me REALLY angry now!🤬

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
            Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            2835 Posts

Three posts and every one about some presumably stolen lottery ticket....?????

Don't know what date it was bought, or how much it was supposedly worth, didn't sign it, but now expects the California commission to open their books so he can choose......uh.....find his winner.

Sounds like if the clerk hasn't validated it, or cashed it in, it ain't worth the $1 you got for it. 

Good luck with the news! 

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT

United States
              Member #197030
              March 28, 2019
              901 Posts

Get a lawyer. What public information did you request and how did you request it, and what exactly was the lottery's reply to you? The CA Lottery can't willy nilly make up their own rules about supplying public records and pick and choose when they comply and when they don't. That alone is eyebrow-raising, to say the least.

NY
                United States
                Member #23834
                October 16, 2005
                4527 Posts

"That alone is eyebrow-raising, to say the least."

I think the entire post could raise some eyebrows, but I'm not sure that the CA lottery has anything to do with it.

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
                  700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
                  United States
                  Member #200642
                  September 1, 2019
                  2091 Posts

"That alone is eyebrow-raising, to say the least."

I think the entire post could raise some eyebrows, but I'm not sure that the CA lottery has anything to do with it.

I Agree! $leep walking Sleep, while playing the Lottery iz NOT covered when talking about a "Bearer In$trument"..then, not knowing when, where the ticket was bought?...!!

Roll Eyes huuuummm... My eyebrowz are raised az HiGh az they can goooo...!!

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1

United States
                    Member #202920
                    December 14, 2019
                    480 Posts

I Agree! $leep walking Sleep, while playing the Lottery iz NOT covered when talking about a "Bearer In$trument"..then, not knowing when, where the ticket was bought?...!!

Roll Eyes huuuummm... My eyebrowz are raised az HiGh az they can goooo...!!

That's rich, coming from a guy who swears lottery officials stole his computer to get his math equations, and who constantly talks about bring the lottery down. OP doesn't possess even 1% of your crazy. Crazy

All this can be prevented by signing your ticket and using the self scanner to check the prize before handing it to a clerk.

Speler's avatar - me

Belgium
                      Member #214858
                      April 17, 2021
                      1668 Posts

I used to validate like for over 160 euros a week, for me and others in the pool. I scanned the validated tickets and mailed them.

The combinations were saved and I could calculate the payouts. That usually was right.

Later I took photos of the tickets.

All in all, a lot of work, but you can trace errors from forms to payout.

The machines sometimes did errors. I then asked to pass the ticket again through the machine and it paid.

A good clerk will tell you all about it. Generally they don't tell you much about what they can do with the machine or what they know about the machines.

For a Fistful of Dollars – Per un pugno di dollari

Speler's avatar - me

Belgium
                        Member #214858
                        April 17, 2021
                        1668 Posts

We had some theories about the machines ... 

Do you know that they use Internet for data transmission? And, do you have questions about it? ...

santa barbara calif.
                          United States
                          Member #207965
                          July 8, 2020
                          6 Posts

Never done any lottery at this store, looked for a scanner, didn't see one, so I ask the Clerk to check it. This store didn't have the monitor yet, just the small screen on the terminal.

santa barbara calif.
                            United States
                            Member #207965
                            July 8, 2020
                            6 Posts

I just happened to have my google time line on during this time that shows me going from my house to the store where I bought my tickets. Also, my bank statements show when the ticket was bought. I just need the date of the winning ticket, so I can match them together. The Lottery refused to accept ANY EVIDENCE. Then defrauded me by telling me. The Lottery figured out exactly what had happened, then said it just looked like my ticket had won, but what happened was when i was buying my ticket a player directly in front of me bought a ticket seconds before i bought mine, and that play bought the ticket that won. That player was deemed the winner and paid out, and that's why it just looks like your ticket won. My ticket did win, the clerk is not going to steal a non winning ticket. That is called defrauding a player. I ask the store owner to show me my validated ticket and cash authorization receipt. He got scared and was clearly shaken, he told me the lottery told me not to tell or show you anything. He had told me he only redeemed 4 dollars of tickets the day i was there. So i told him then one of those tickets must be mine, can i see my ticket. He did NOT have it. I beenrippedoff

Emporia,Kansas
                              United States
                              Member #178898
                              December 22, 2016
                              2444 Posts

Sign your tickets I scan all my winning tickets get a flat bed scanner printer don't matter if it works or not as long as it can scan all your tickets before taken them to the store.