Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A JACKPOT is less likely to be split IF

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 14 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
482 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2003, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

It is won on a Wednesday......

I noticed that most of the times a jackpot is shared is on a Saturday. The two winners from Louisiana and Missouri won it on a Saturday. So did the winners from South Dakota and Indiana. Even the unclaimed ticket from Indiana from September and Edward Varley was from a Saturday drawing. When the Powerball hit 300 million on August 25, 2001, it was shared by 4 winners, also on a Saturday. This suggests that more people play on Saturday since everyone has to work on Wednesday. In my opinion, if I ever won the powerball, the jackpot would be less likely to split if I won it on a Wednesday.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2003, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I read an article by Gail Howard sometime back that stated if you played higher numbers (30 and above) and won, you would less likely have to share the jackpot because of the number of players who played birthdays and anniversary dates.  Personally I don't worry about sharing the jackpot with another player, I just would like to get a share of the jackpot.  When the jackpots are over a $100M and over a million combinations are sold, there are still many single ticket winners.

RJOh       

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2003, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it matters that much which day of the week the drawing is.