Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Greetings

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 14 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Phyllis's avatar - Catwoman

United States
Member #459
July 8, 2002
622 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2003, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I've been away for a while.  I wanted to give what support I could to my Mom, my "brother" and his family.  This is my oldest brother, he was diagnoised with Leukemia about two months ago.  The doctors have stated that there is a 75% chance of this disease going into remission.  Let's pray that it does.  So far he has had his 7 days of treatments and have recoved.  He recoverd a lot sooner than expected  (good sign).  Anyway, please pray for my brother and the rest of my family who have also goin thru a lot of sleepless nights and stress  since we first found out .  The outlook is good, it seems he has a fighting chance.   

Altho my Mom ( she is 79 as of 1/1/2002) does not show her true feelings or age (she only look about 60)  in certain ways but  I know this has made her very weak.  This is her oldest child and the  one whom she has had to  depend on  for a lot of things for sometime now.  Thru faith and love we have grown  even closer and much stronger.  Now I feel we can enjoy whatever time that "anyone" of us have left without regrets.  I still try to remember to pray each day for the strenght I will need to overcome the loss of any "one" of my family members.  I say  it this way because sometime we are so caught up in "today" that  when tomorrow comes we are caught off guard.

Anyway...send up a few prays for us.

Let us not  forget to pray for all the lives that are being lost in the Iraq War.  My heart goes out to  everyone of the soilders fighting, their families and those famililes who have already lost a love one in this war.  May God Bless you and give you the strenght you need to get you thru the days ahead.

Love you all

Phyllis 

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2003, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

phyllis,

visio

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
      Clarkston, Michigan
      United States
      Member #76
      January 6, 2002
      8528 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2003, 3:20 am - IP Logged

To one of my favorite people, Phyllis:

The prayer circle has begun and boy, do I know the power of prayer.

Phyllis, my brother has had leukemia for a very long time now.  He has had remissions and activity and back to remission but he is making it and doing well.  He golfs, bowls, all the things the normal person does.  But he gets very tired.  When I was sick and they didn't think I would make it, he drove all the way from Pennsylvania and back the same day so he could see me in the hospital. He will hit his 60th birthday this year.  My family is close.  My mother is 84 and doesn't look young but acts younger. She has been a strength to our family.  When I couldn't walk, she had to lift me to turn me over (not easy since she is only 5'0").  Funny about mothers---they have strength for their children. She also flys to my brother whenever he needs help often giving up her plans so that she may help her kids. 

I have often said that I am so lucky to be born into a family such as mine where I was taught about God; I was taught above unconditional love (I was always the black sheep); where I was taught about the word "family." 

Anyway, Phyllis, my prayers are with you.  And you got Visiondude's prayers also.  Good combination.....lol....be strong.

Sandy

United States
        Member #459
        July 8, 2002
        622 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2003, 6:37 am - IP Logged

Spooky, Visiondude and Sandy K.,

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  I was devastated when I first learn about how sick my "big brother was".  Thru prayer I asked the lord "please don't take him now",  just give us a little  more time together, because without treatments they gave him  only three months to live.  After treatments, gaining  strength and some of his weight back, he has confidence that he can beat this thing. 

After much research I became more educated about the disease and gained more hope.  Prayer gave me the confidence and strenght  to  not give up but  believe in  the almighty, you see  in him "all things are possible".   

Sandy, I am glad you shared your experience  with me also.   No one that I know has ever had this disease, so learning that there are survisors gives me more hope. My prayers are also with your brother that he continue to do well and have an active life.

Mothers are great aren't they.  Always there , always caring and always giving.  God bless them.

Take care. 

Love you

Phyllis 

JAZZY JASPER's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg

United States
          Member #786
          October 14, 2002
          2723 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2003, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Ph

bahamaqueen's avatar - cold

Bahamas
            Member #691
            September 8, 2002
            114 Posts
            Posted: April 12, 2003, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Reading the previous post reminded why this is te greatest site!  The love and support that members from all around the world show for each other is remarkable!

Phylliss I've never been in your shoes so I can't honestly say , I know what you're going though but; I can say that my prayers are with you and that Prayer does change things I admire the words you used "sometime we are so caught up in "today" that  when tomorrow comes we are caught off guard". You are so very right,  my dear.

May God strengthen thine heart and make the crooked paths straight in your life so that your journey may not be a burden but a testimony!

May God Bless you and yours now and forever!

United States
              Member #459
              July 8, 2002
              622 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2003, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Hi Bahamaqueen,

This is the first chance I've had to get to the computer.  Sorry for replying so late.  Thank you for your support and prayers.  May God bless you.

You are right,  it's really great that the people here are so compassionate.    Not just when it comes to playing the lottery, they just have a real compassion for each other.  I've never met any of them personally, but I feel as if I've know them for years. 

Thank all of you for your prayers.  Take care and have a wonderful day.

Phyllis

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                Clarkston, Michigan
                United States
                Member #76
                January 6, 2002
                8528 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2003, 7:49 am - IP Logged

I hope your brother is doing fine.  I went to church yesterday and I did say a special prayer for him.

I hope you have a nice Easter, Phyllis.

Sandy

Buford, GA
                  United States
                  Member #1215
                  March 3, 2003
                  433 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2003, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Lordy....y'all put tears in this old Marine's eyes!

I might be a old scooter tramp but i been readin the BIBLE for about 2 yrs....prayer does wonders for me!

GOD bless y'all

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31558 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2003, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

phyllis - you and your family