Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas pick 6 prizes

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 14 years ago by orangeman.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1079
January 24, 2003
104 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2003, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

*Remember, pigs feed and hogs get slaughtered. *

BWA!  Spoken like a true Texan! :) Well, orangeman, I'm neither a pig, nor a hog. I am an intelliegent soul, and I understand what's really important in life. :) Your comment hints that you may have an issue about having alot of $$$. Why else would you think anybody who wants a jackpot is a greedy hog. ???? I mean no disrespect, I just don't understand your thinking.

I do thankyou for opening my eyes to how close the 2 games are right now. You've really made me question what I want to follow right now. & your question:

Would you rather make small ($50,000) wins on a consistent basis or spend you entire life chasing something that you will never accomplish. 

only God has final say in what anyone can accomplish in their lifetime. Believing in the possiblity of something is half the battle. At the end of it all both players may end up with the same amount of $. Maybe, maybe not. The question is, who will have the most fun? & I guess that's just a personal, subjective thing. Some would be more excited over a million $ win than a 50K win. It depends on your level of gambling.

Yea, winning will be great fun, but I am also enjoying analyzing the lotto, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it!

Amarillo/Austin
    United States
    Member #1424
    April 25, 2003
    696 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2003, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Rebeckah:

I didn't mean to imply that lotto players are hogs.  This is a free enterprise republic (at least on paper) and we are all free to chase our dreams, no matter how delusional. 

With the addition of a "powerball", the analysis of the Texas lotto will be more challenging than ever.  That should please you greatly and give you a lot to do in your spare time.  Personally, I would rather win more often and reap the possible.

I have so far spent over 10 years analyzing the lotto to little or no avail.  I have concluded it is a fool's errand.  The Texas Lotto Commission is raking in millions on the same assumption.  In reality it is the Lotto Commission, not the players, who are the hogs.

Good luck!

Orangeman

l

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2003, 7:32 pm - IP Logged
      Orange:

TX should have gone to a 6/59 format instead of 5/44 + 1/44. There's little sense offering a "power ball"-type game if there is NO prize for matching only the "power ball".

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2003, 8:38 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on May 20, 2003

Orange:

TX should have gone to a 6/59 format instead of 5/44 + 1/44. There's little sense offering a "power ball"-type game if there is NO prize for matching only the "power ball".

I agree, especially since they're considering joining MM or PB, both of which offer a bonus-ball format.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Amarillo/Austin
          United States
          Member #1424
          April 25, 2003
          696 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2003, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Todd:

I agree wholeheartedly.  They are killing the goose in this instance. A number of my lotto friends down here have sworn off the game and plan to drive to San Jon when Powerball gets interesting.  The hogs are in charge in the asylum.

Orangeman

United States
            Member #1079
            January 24, 2003
            104 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2003, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

They changed the 6/50 to the 6/54 in July 2000, hoping to increase sales. After sales declined steadily over the past 3 years, they decided to change the game again, increasing the odds of winning JP. They hope the JPs will get bigger, thus drawing in more players. They think by getting stingier, they will attract more $, which just doesn't work that way. It takes $ to make money. Like attracts like. Always has, always will. People want to play something that they feel they can really win. If it seems totally impossible, more people will just buy a $1 quick pick & leave it at that.

Amarillo/Austin
              United States
              Member #1424
              April 25, 2003
              696 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2003, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Written like a woman who knows what is happening.  here in Amarillo, people have been buying a lot fewer tickets.  They have caught on.  My contacts at Toot n' Totum say business is down on Lotto and up on Cash 5 and Pick 3.

Orangeman

United States
                Member #1079
                January 24, 2003
                104 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2003, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Thank you. :) I'm not surprised people are playing other games. It would be wonderful if TLC would recognize their mistake and change back to the 6/50. Doubtful it will happen tho. I'd switch games, but at this point winning $20-50K is just going to mess up my life for a few years. Winning millions would also mess everything up, but the $ would be worth it & smooth it all out in the long run. That's why I play for the millions instead. 

Amarillo/Austin
                  United States
                  Member #1424
                  April 25, 2003
                  696 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2003, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I have my own strategy for winning the millions.  I learned to play Pick 3 first to build up a nestegg for playing the higher odds games. Remember the movie "karate kid"?  The master had the boy washing cars, scrubbing floors, etc. before he taught him karate.  The same applies to the bigger games.  You need to learn tactics and strategy.  You also need to build up a cache of cash for the next level.  I believe that with the Lotto, you either play one number or one thousand.  Five dollars here and 10 dollars there plays into the Lotto Commission's hands.  Begin with Pick 3 and work your way up.

Orangeman

United States
                    Member #1079
                    January 24, 2003
                    104 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2003, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

yep, that's why I started with cash 5 & played mainly *on paper*. I needed to refine my number selection before I played $. Sure, I still played some. Won some too. Pick 3 is such a different strategy than a pick 5/6. Especially when you get into decades and bonus balls. Me, I'll start mixing up the #s if I play more than one game at a time. & I already had $$ to play. I'm not going to play thousands yet cuz I don't want to mark off over 150 bet slips. Talk about a headache! You'd really need a program to print from your 'puter, and I haven't begun that phase yet. Also the general mindset is to play a GOOD wheel so you don't have the prohibitive cost & effort you're talking about. On RGL they talk about a wheel that has around 150 lines for a 6/49 that'll guarantee a couple 3/6. I'm sure somebody else could give you more details on it.

Amarillo/Austin
                      United States
                      Member #1424
                      April 25, 2003
                      696 Posts
                      Posted: May 27, 2003, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Rebeckah:

The thing to remember is that is it important to break each game down into its components before analyzing it.  The Pick 3 is three separate games, the Cash 5 is five games, etc.  The new Lotto is six different games in two separate venues.  Normally the little games influence each other, but the "powerball" moves over a field of 44 which makes it much harder.  What makes Pick 3 easy is the fact that one of the three games played each draw can be easily predicted (up to a point)  Make that easily predicted third of the game your key number and you are on your way to a win.

Orangeman