Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Won two exactas yesterday!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 13 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Win$mith's avatar - Trek HAND2.png

United States
Member #1129
February 9, 2003
35 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2003, 10:48 am - IP Logged

I went to the local OTB for the Belmont Stakes, and also to get out of the house for a while; I was in a bad mood and needed a change of scene and characters.

Although I know how to read the Daily Racing Form, and the basics of handicapping, I have't been following the horses lately so I did what I do when I'm feeling lazy...walked in and immediatly placed one dollar "lucky" number (5 & 1) exacta boxes on all the remaining Bay Meadows races, and continued to play 5-1 on other races throughout the day.

Well, I hit one for $95, which was pretty nice.

But then the last BM race of the day I didn't like the measley $17-$20 payout on the ticket I already had, so I picked two longshots, 4 & 9, and they came in for a payout of $128.

Watching them come in was the only time all day I got excited, Yelling a little, "Come on, babies!"

For those who want to know, I came out $177 winner for the day.

Again, I am astonished to have won when in such a blah and crappy mood.

Good Luck to all,

Ellie

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2003, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

WTG!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #434
      June 30, 2002
      675 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2003, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Win$mith,

That's pretty good. I like betting Bay Meadows when I go to the track or OTB, I've won $78 from betting on races there in the past.

Seems for me every OTHER time I got to the track I tend to win something.

Congrats on your wins!

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2003, 1:30 pm - IP Logged
        smd:

Bay Meadows? Must've been to California.

I thought "young people" didn't bet on the races. Perhaps it's more fun to bet on the ponies than PA Super-6.

I guess it also helps Delaware has video slots.

United States
          Member #434
          June 30, 2002
          675 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2003, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

CASH,

I also bet Bay Meadows through the OTB here in PA.

You're right that alot of young people don't bet the races any more, although I have seen more people lately. And there were a bunch of us at my old job that would hit the OTB at lunch from time to time because it was close buy.

At $2 a wager it IS more fun to bet the ponies than Super 6. Pays better too (if you have an idea of what you are doing).

As far as the DE slots go, I've only been down there once. A friend of mine has won well over $1500 there but I was not as fortunate... dropping $40. I usually don't like the slots though, I consider them to be a poor wager. My main wagering focus is Lottery, Horses, and when I go to Atlantic City I like to play Roulette, Blackjack, and Craps in that order.

I also enjoy sports wagering (which I hope DE adds soon). Currently there is a free online site that lets me wager on the games for fun.

It still boggles my mind how gaming is treated as a red-headed stepchild but other "vices" such as drinking and smoking are so widely supported. You would think the gambling lobby would be bigger. And even though states are adding more forms of gaming, I don't know why table games and sports wagering are poo-poo'ed.

Keep in mind though that even though I enjoy all these forms of gaming, I keep a strict gaming budget each year. Wagering no more than $700.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2003, 2:35 pm - IP Logged
            smd:

DE _did_ have sports betting in 1976-77. I believe it was limited to NFL games.

United States
              Member #434
              June 30, 2002
              675 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2003, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

CASH,

That's true, which is one reason why they can bring it back. They are one of 4 states (Nevada, Montana, and Oregon are the others) which were grandfathered on the National ban of sports wagering.

With PA most likely adding slots to the tracks, DE would be smart to add sports wagering. Even if it's just a Football only Parlay run through the lottery like they do in Oregon.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2003, 5:36 pm - IP Logged
                smd:

I'm not sure why Montana would be allowed, as I never heard of them offering sports betting. At least MT has the Hot Lotto game.