Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can any system beat the lottery ?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Pick-4_Master.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Can ANY system beat the lottery ?

YES. Future results can be found with patterns. [ 21 ]  [58.33%]
NO. The odds against you are astronomical. [ 15 ]  [41.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
485 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2003, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I know that there was a post related to lottery systems, but we of course know that systems can help win money back, but the REAL question is:  can it BEAT the lottery?

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Florida
    United States
    Member #526
    October 25, 2001
    127 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2003, 6:06 am - IP Logged

It depends on what you consider "Beat" and what you consider a "system".

I would consider buying nothing but quickpicks a system, albiet a random one.  During a test in March for WINHunter, it was discovered that Random selection via random numbers generated from Random.org were often times just as good as numbers generated from WINHunter.  BTW, numbers generated at Random.org are based upon calculations from atmosperic analysis, so even their numbers aren't truly random.  LOL, technically you could say they pulled them out of "thin air"...

The test did prove one thing, that for any system to be good it has to beat Random expectation.  In otherwords, it has to be able to beat any system based on Randomly generated selections.

WINHunter comes into this picture by allowing the user to combine systems in any manner he/she see's fit in order to eliminate numbers.  If you don't find a system you like, or it does not exist in WINHunter, then it can be programmed as a plugin component.  No need to re-compile the program, as long as the plugin follows the standard.

Andrew

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2003, 7:21 am - IP Logged

I

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
        Queens, NY
        United States
        Member #245
        April 15, 2002
        451 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2003, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

The best system, the only system is to play every possible combination. If you can't afford to do that play your numbers or quick picks like the rest of us and hope to get lucky. I remember some time ago the some Austrailian syndicate(s) tried doing that with a big state lottery but our government stopped them.

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
          Constitutional Money Is Real Money
          Brick City
          United States
          Member #1216
          March 3, 2003
          1780 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2003, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

No publicly known system in existence today has ever "beat" the lottery. The pool of winable money is only 40 to 60 % of the monies taken in. As soon as you buy your ticket you are at a distinct disadvantage BEFORE you take the odds into account. This disadvantage is called "takeout". In order for any system to beat the lottery it would have to consistently give a return on your investment (ROI) of over 170 percent. (bet a dollar win 1.70 on average) I know of no such system for the lottery and I have been playing (Jackpot and Daily games) since 1975... There may be someone who has cracked a particular daily lottery, but I bet they will take the system to grave.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
          Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
          (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
          Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
          himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

modae23's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1692
            June 16, 2003
            3530 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2003, 2:29 am - IP Logged

i think that you can find a comfortable medium where you can loose some and win some.

There are people that find trick to the trade all of the time . THe question is will they share them.

Sometimes it seems like a maze you will win a little something and then you think that you are already and expert. We can really become disillusioned

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8795 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2003, 7:47 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Big Hitter on July 03, 2003

There may be someone who has cracked a particular daily lottery, but I bet they will take the system to grave.

Thats for sure.
              I have not seen in print or on the forums thee system

Type

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19898 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2003, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Back in the late 80's or early 90's there was a European group featured on the TV show 'How they do that' that beated the Virgina lottery by buying over 80% of the possible combinations.  They were going for 100% but ran out of time.  They got lucky and had the winning combinations.  According to the spokeman for the group, they looked for lotteries with cash values higher than the their odds of winning and  played them, now days a lottery's cash value seldom exceeds its odds of winning and no one group can control any terminals long enough to buy that many tickets.  Any system if it includes enough combinations can win, but it unlikely the cost of playing would be less than the winnings.  If you play a pick3 game and go for a box win,  $220 will cover all the combinations, but what does a box hit pay?  $1000 will cover all the straight combinations, but you will win only $500.  The question should be - Can any system beat the lottery with less than 1% of the possible combinations and the answer is likely to be "no", but that why they call it gambling, you got to get lucky.

RJOh

United States
                  Member #60
                  October 28, 2001
                  455 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2003, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

No not jus

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #526
                    October 25, 2001
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2003, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Systems are still under massive developement.  Just look at this thread:

http://www.lotto649.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2124&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

With the advent of computers and processors that can crunch numbers furiously, the time is now to be working with the tools you can to develope a sure fire system to slant the odds in your favor.

All that is needed is software that is capable of designing such a system.  Is WINHunter capable of building such a system?  I believe it will come closer than most software that exists today.  No other software allows you to combine functions in the manner that WINHunter allows you to.

Is this a shameless plug?  You bet!  But since WINHunter is freeware, what do you have to loose?

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

www.sourceforge.net/projects/winhunter

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                      Member #91
                      January 19, 2002
                      12008 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2003, 7:12 am - IP Logged

It depends on how random the lottery is.  If the balls all weigh the same.  If they are dropped into a tank in the same order.  if you use the same amount of air pressure every time you draw.  If you wait the same amount of time to draw the ball. you would think that you would have a good chance at repeating numbers.  throw that into the equation and by chance somebody could develope a system that could get close enough to win.  The lottery is random but its a controlled random.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Cleveland,Oh
                        United States
                        Member #1856
                        July 16, 2003
                        531 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2003, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

YES (SCREAM)

A group played but only one $100 each they had all the cmbos too!

You need to know th following!

You don't need to know all the combos!

Why because some will neve come in!

1-2-3-4-5-6-7=21 IT HAS NEVER COME IN ANY STATE WHY!

Sums are to close! and thats the lowest sum posible your better off

playing 44-45-46-47-48-49=279

or play 5-10-15-20-25-30=105 or 7-14-21-28-35-42=147

Find out what the lowest/highest sum!

play $ 10.00 if you play $ 10 play 1 thru 10 starting a-1, b-2 etc pick

the other 5 any way you want

groups!

1-9, 10-19,20-29,30-39 & 40 TO 49 WHAT GROUP OR GROUPS COME OUT MORE IN OHIO 10 THRU 19 & 20 to 39! 20 numbers!

have data!

no 6 digit ever repated!

odds/even more odds than even come in!

just WIN!

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #491
                          July 16, 2002
                          837 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2003, 5:17 am - IP Logged

It really doesn't have anything to do with sums. For example, the numbers 1,2,3,4,5, with a powerball of 1 = 16. That is the only combination that equals 16. 11,23,34,45,49, and a powerball of 33 = 195. 12,25,36,44,47(31)also equals 195.

14,27,38,45,48(23)also equals 195.

A combination with the sum of 195 will win more often than a combination with the sum of 16, only because there are many combinations with the sum of 195, and only one combination with the sum of 16.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

United States
                            Member #1759
                            June 29, 2003
                            1156 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2003, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Sums are best used as filters to reduce your combinations since only one Sum will be drawn just select a certain Sum group and eliminate the rest based on there peformance.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                              Member #91
                              January 19, 2002
                              12008 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2003, 11:17 am - IP Logged

based on the sum theory w

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields