Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any Ideas on Lottery Software

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 13 years ago by MrSteel01.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
thomsol's avatar - speedykat
Minneapolis, MN
United States
Member #1744
June 25, 2003
32 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2003, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone use Lottery software they like?  To be honest, I'm developing a program and would like constructive ideas on features that would be appealing.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

Remember some wishes are more important than others.... http://www.wish.org

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2003, 5:32 am - IP Logged

Yes............... I do have a desired feature that I predict will be incorperated into all lottery software shortly.

YOU have the chance to be the first to use it and will be famous as the first developer to use it and it's easy ....but profound. 

C O L O R !

Simply color all your  even  numbers Red !

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23273 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2003, 6:40 am - IP Logged

What is the significance of even numbers being red?  Why not odd numbers?  Why red?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2003, 6:47 am - IP Logged

I have a program tha I wrote and I use red to high lite numbers that match numbers from a file or group of numbers.  When I want to check the file I played with lottery data file, the matching numbers are in red and I can see if I matched enough for a pay out. When I want to high lite even or odd numbers I just enter E or O for group of numbers and a group of 30 numbers (1-59) or (2-60) is check with the file and matching numbers are red. I can also enter any group of numbers up to 40 numbers.

RJOh 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #1340
          April 6, 2003
          2450 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2003, 6:57 am - IP Logged

I use conditional formatting on excel to show where the stats picked right in previous draws... I use red for easy spotting of negative numbers, and different color cell backgrounds for even/odd (but only on the even - odd chart)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2003, 7:05 am - IP Logged

In checking my OHIO649P file,I also use yellow to high lite numbers that matched the bonus ball because 3 reds and one yellow does not pay the same as 4 reds.  Also one has to take in considerations how clear the numbers will be in certain color combinations.

RJOh

Oshkosh, WI
              United States
              Member #1841
              July 14, 2003
              3 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2003, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Jim

I have also been developing lottery software and recently found this board.  I have been searching for algorithms and methods to incorporate into my program.  I use C++ and VB as my primary languages.  I am willing to correspond with anyone who wishes to exchange ideas and methods.  I will admit that the games I am concentrating on at this time ar the pick5 and pick6 games without the powerball - that powerball is the devil in disguise. 

Grendel

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2003, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Todd ..........cause I was the first to suggest it. Not to mention....I already use the red for even. When it finally catches on ........I won't have to rewire my brain. LOL

People will begin to see patterns they never dreamed of and it will help to win more...........believe me, it really works!  For something so simple it helps every tracking group. If nothing else ......it helps looking for certain numbers.

Pacific Northwest
                  United States
                  Member #1229
                  March 6, 2003
                  707 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2003, 11:22 am - IP Logged

I don't know whether Jim really expected a discussion about color in this thread but....I suggest Pink for odd and Baby-Blue for even so that we do not get the colors confused with Roulette for example.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2003, 11:25 am - IP Logged

I am actually working on two programs.  One is a data file program which stores data for lotteries and play files in a random format such as N1,N2,N3,N4,N5,N6,N7.  A pick5 file use N1,N2,N3,N4,N5 and pick6 use N1,N2,N3,N4,N5,N6 and a powerball type game would use N1,N2,N3,N4,N5,N7 and a game like Ohio649P would use all 7 spaces in the file. With the data file program, I can compare files and groups of numbers with each other.  The second program is a RNG(random number generator) that will load up the data files, analize them and pick parameters based on what's in the files and pick numbers to play. The way the file is structured, it can tell what type of game it is, so no data have to be input about the file unless numbers outside the parameter of the file are desired. The program has its own bias which can be changed when addtional data is entered. It looks at sums, gaps, numbers postions and frequencies, numbers of matches (1,2,3,and 4) and etc to generate numbers to play.  I have design these programs to give me information that not available in commerical programs because they have to cover too many types of lotteries. I only cover the jackpot type lotteries and pick5's

Good luck to fellow programmers and lottery players.

RJOh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2003, 11:31 am - IP Logged

To WIN D,

You have an advantage by creating your own format with your perfer colors, you don't have to rewire your brain to fit some one else ideas.  If you get the results that you want, then you have done what your started out to do.

RJOh

thomsol's avatar - speedykat
                        Minneapolis, MN
                        United States
                        Member #1744
                        June 25, 2003
                        32 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2003, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

hmmm..... It seems that an

Remember some wishes are more important than others.... http://www.wish.org

Oshkosh, WI
                          United States
                          Member #1841
                          July 14, 2003
                          3 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2003, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

The program I have developed so far has a complete database of pick 3/4/5/lotto/big game/mega millions and allows for update and modifying in case I make a mistake entering the numbers.  The numbers were batched in from historical lists found on the internet.  I use a basic history algorithm where I can check for X number of draws with Y number of matches and it pulls the next set of numbers drawn and generates a pool from them.  Example - use the last 3 pick 6 draws - go back in time and use 3 draws and find out if a pool of numbers has a certain number of matches in it - then get the next draw and keep working forward until (number of draws - 3)  -  sometimes I get a very ggod pool and generate listing based on a permutation that looks like the following

pool= [n1 n2 n3 n4 n5 n6 n7 n8 n9 ]

set1 = n1 n2 n3 n4 n5 n6

set2=n1 n2 n3 n4 n7 n8

set3= n2 n3 n4 n5 n8 n9

and so on based on how ever many numbers are generated.  I have been trying to program AI to look for patterns and this is where I am at as of now.

Grendel

Pacific Northwest
                            United States
                            Member #1229
                            March 6, 2003
                            707 Posts
                            Posted: July 14, 2003, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Jim,

I would not mind giving you some ideas as well. Please email me at cs@snohome.com with what your program is designed to do. I am developing systems rather than "programs" so there would not be any competition.

I hear so many people answering that they designed their own programs, but where is the program that I can sell? I never intended to only sell my own software, I'd rather sell other programmer's software. Up to now I never really saw anythign new.

Now - as a Barbie collector - having the odd balls pink would certainly be something new.

Good Luck,

ME

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                              Clarksville
                              United States
                              Member #487
                              July 15, 2002
                              17638 Posts
                              Posted: July 15, 2003, 5:21 am - IP Logged

Do you really collect Barbies???  I do...

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.