Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 13 years ago by rundown99.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

does anyone realy think any system works on the pick 6?!

yes [ 8 ]  [25.81%]
maybe [ 4 ]  [12.90%]
no [ 19 ]  [61.29%]
Total Valid Votes [ 31 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Cleveland,Oh
United States
Member #1856
July 16, 2003
531 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2003, 4:53 am - IP Logged

as

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #491
    July 16, 2002
    837 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2003, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Yes, but the only system that works is buying all the possible number combinations. Just don't lose the ticket.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2003, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

As far as I know, that has only been tried once and that was some years back in the Virgina lottery when the cash value was greater than the odds of winning.  Since then a lot of states have create guide lines which makes it impossible for any group to control enough machines long enough to play all the possible combinations.  There was a group in Canada that claimed 1:3 odds of winning the jackpot a 649 games with a 300,000 combinations, but I think they might have been running a scam to get lotteries players to invest in their pool.

RJOh

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2003, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

That's the DUMBEST and MOST expensive system to use when there other strategies that work for much less.

United States
          Member #2031
          August 10, 2003
          9 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2003, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

There is no such system "at this time. "

United States
            Member #1759
            June 29, 2003
            1156 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2003, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

And there never will be because no one could use it due to the cost of playing the numbers.

United States
              Member #2031
              August 10, 2003
              9 Posts
              Posted: August 11, 2003, 5:08 am - IP Logged

There is one way to reduce the odds based on historical trends. But, the odds are still high and way against the player. We can discuss, if you want.

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: August 11, 2003, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Playing all the numbers like Thomas Covenant mentioned

is a sure way to win but impossible to do.An alternative and less expensive way of playing the numbers does exist in many forms some work better than others and some not at all.The strategies I'm working on

require anywhere from 5 to 20 combinations.

United States
                  Member #2042
                  August 11, 2003
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: August 11, 2003, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

There is little theoretical correlation between a number set drawn today and 100 draws ago.  However, there is some empirical correlation between a set drawn today and the last 5-10 draws. The most obvious is the fact that almost never do 3 or more numbers repeat from draw to draw. There are about 25 other observations of this general nature which can be utilized in this manner and I continue to work on such a system. Even so, you might reduce the odds from 1 in 15,000,000 to 1 in 5,000,000 and there are still no guarantees.

Going for lower level wins in the Pick 6 , like 5/6 or 4/6, is not really worth the effort which the lotteries know.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2003, 9:42 am - IP Logged

To DrBLW,

How did you calculate your odds reduction after applying your general observations. I have a similar system that look at gaps, sums, ranges, general positions of numbers and etc and best improvement I've calculated in a 649 game is 1:14M to ~1:11M.  I wrote a little loop in GWBasic which print all the possible combinations and only count the ones within preset parameters which takes a while.

RJOh 

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                      Member #567
                      August 14, 2002
                      484 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2003, 7:39 am - IP Logged

I would play some quick picks, but if I pick numbers, I would tend to play due numbers that haven't come up for the longest time.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!