Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

keep the old loosing #'s or pick new ones

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Pick-4_Master.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2003, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

I usually play a set of numbers until someone hits the jackpot on the wa. lotto plus (which dies in 5 drawing anyways) and play all the numbers on one plus ball. Im temptedd to change the plus number i play on but with my luck the number would then come up. Do you play the same set of numbers (for those that dont use quick picks) or do you change each time? and how bad would you feel if you change and then the old number came up.

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2003, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Seeing as how I use Lottery Software to help select my numbers I can't keep playing the same numbers.If they don't hit I select a new group based on my analysis of the draw history.Those numbers aren't good anymore if they don't hit on the day you played them.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2003, 6:58 am - IP Logged

for every ONE person that plays the same number for years and finally hits after 5-10 years of dedicated play.... are about 5,000,000 who do the same and NEVER have it happen.

If you played a number, it lost, then you stopped playing it and it came up... to paraphrase Visiondude... you weren't meant to hit with that number. drawings are dynamic processes... static numbers aren't worth the extra expense

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

WILLSELL's avatar - chi
        NJ
        United States
        Member #1924
        July 28, 2003
        113 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2003, 7:46 am - IP Logged

back in the day before I started using tools to give me leverage , I would play a number til the cows came home.  Well at least a year.

If it hit within the year then I was way ahead.

Now if it doesn't happen within a few days I dump it and move on.

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2003, 8:13 am - IP Logged

That's the smart way to play the people that use the same numbers no matter how long it takes are relying totally on luck.Not realising that there are hundreds or thousands of players doing the same exact thing.So there competing with these players which means there numbers may never hit while one of the other thousand or so will.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #2338
            September 17, 2003
            2063 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2003, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

yeah i had been playing some old quickpick numbers  and am begining to think that is not the way to go. i know that 70% or so of the winners out here use quickpicks but the most some numbers seem to hit is 3 out of 5. thanks for your input here. in fact now that i think about it i have never hit 4 out of 5 in any powerball/lotto plus type game. wonder if there is a way to make it more possible other than plain old luck but im sure everyone here would also like to know that

United States
              Member #1759
              June 29, 2003
              1156 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2003, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Well actually there is "dvdiva" I'm not saying you can't HIT using Quick-Picks but on average a player may wind up waiting several YEARS or more before they hit anything on a quick-pick.Even though you always read PLAYER WON WITH A QUICK-PICK well of course he did if the odds are say 1 in 13 million and 13 million players bought tickets someone's gonna WIN.You just weren't that LUCKY 1 and sometimes a winning ticket can hit if less than 13 million players bought tickets.And the most you will get on average is 3 numbers now there are those times where a person played the Lottery for the FIRST time and hit off a QUICK-PICK.But that's what I'm talking about with LUCK being involved you don't know when or where LUCK is gonna strike.That's why in 1997 I stopped buying quick-picks and started learning how to select my own numbers using Software,reading Books and developing my own strategies.And I have done quite well meaning all my hits were my numbers not a QUICK-PICK or LUCKY Birthday,age and anniversary numbers even though players DO WIN doing this I don't recommend it because everybody and there mother is doing the same thing so not only are you trying to beat the Lottery Odds but your trying to beat the thousands or more players using the same strategy you are Quick-Picks and Lucky Numbers.

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2003, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

There is no Silver Bullet when it comes to HITTING THE NUMBERS every and anything can work I've read where players let there cat select numbered tennis balls which ever 6 balls it played with or touched they played those numbers and won,another story was an elderly couple bought a Lottery Draw shaking pen where at the top was a plastic dome with numbers in it and they would shake the pen and kept playing the numbers for about 5 yrs or more and some finally hit.One guy threw Numbered Ping-Pong balls in his dryer (on COOL of course) spun it for a few seconds and withdrew the first 6 balls and played them and WON.These are so RIDICULOUS that it had to be LUCK, anyway you just have to find a method that works for you some players are very lucky with quick-picks while others aren't some are good with strategies,systems and software while others aren't.And some have the ability to select numbers out of there head while others can't.Just keep trying and you'lll find your individual technique.