Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting the lottery

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 13 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
South Carolina
United States
Member #491
July 16, 2002
837 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2003, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

By the way, predicting the numbers in a lottery (such as Powerball)is possible. It has been done before with over 90% accuracy. I can't find the article now, (maybe some of you search engine experts can find it on the internet) but under laboratory conditions a professor was able to accurately predict the draws by measuring all of the varibles I mentioned in another topic. So now maybe some of you lottery system inventors have something "real" you can base your software on.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

WILLSELL's avatar - chi
    NJ
    United States
    Member #1924
    July 28, 2003
    113 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2003, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

So where is this 90% professor now? Probably still teaching ...lol

South Carolina
      United States
      Member #491
      July 16, 2002
      837 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2003, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

>So where is this 90% professor now? Probably still teaching ...lol<

Of course, the experiment was under laboratory conditions, real draws aren't.

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2003, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Are you serious or just being SARCASTIC

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2003, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

If you are serious what variables?

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #491
            July 16, 2002
            837 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2003, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I am serious.

Air pressure, current fluctuations in the drive motors causing variations in the drum speed, temperature, timing of the ball release, variations in the manufacturing of the lottery machines etc.

United States
              Member #1759
              June 29, 2003
              1156 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2003, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Oh that's nothing new I've read about that approach many times but wasn't aware that someone actually test this in a Laboratory.Anyway if your trying to PREDICT the numbers then that approach would be best but if your just GAMBLING and trying to TRAP the winning numbers then good old Intelligence,Skill,Software,Strategy and Draw History are all the variables you'll need.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2003, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

but without all of that information, we're left to fill in the gaps...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #491
                  July 16, 2002
                  837 Posts
                  Posted: September 19, 2003, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't think we can fill in the gaps. The above mentioned factosr is what affects the draw, not odds, evens, sums etc.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2003, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

The odds,evens and sums are variables that you can use to reduce or eliminate unlikely combinations by studying there frequency of ocurrence.It's known as FILTERING.

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: September 19, 2003, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

There's no need to FILL IN ANY GAPS the information is there make use of it.Don't be concerned with what the Draw Machine is doing unless your trying to develop the Next Generation of Lottery Software if not then just use the Tools already available and your good old NOGGIN!!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: September 19, 2003, 5:29 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on September 19, 2003

Oh that's nothing new I've read about that approach many times but wasn't aware that someone actually test this in a Laboratory.Anyway if your trying to PREDICT the numbers then that approach would be best but if your just GAMBLING and trying to TRAP the winning numbers then good old Intelligence,Skill,Software,Strategy and Draw History are all the variables you'll need.

It DOES appear that for those of us that place value on the draw history there exists 2 sub-groups... the predictors and the trappers.

I wonder if people tend to start off trying to predict then dventually move over to trapping...

I have only been at this since april or may of this year, I'm still trying to decide what is important to look at. I personally don't try to trap so high/low, odd/even, sums, gaps, ranges don't do anything for me, but I track 'em anyway because you never know what will be more useful... there are trapper tools that do come in handy, like up/down and decades... but they are still too generic for use as a predictor...

I still think it's possible with what's already available, but I think it will need to be a combination...

1. get an overall idea of the profile of the next draw via trapping...

2. fine tune it from there into a prediction.

Trapping sort of goes against my goal from the outset... never bet more than I'm willing to lose... I still sometimes end up playing 3 4 or 5 lines, but my goal is to reduce that to 1... win or lose... but I'm not willing to give up control of that 1 line to the stste's RNG's at the lottery terminal.

remember, a system (especially for the big jackpot games) need not be repeatable, it only has to work once ;-)

"chance favors the prepared mind"... I forget where I read that but it's a cool quote!

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: September 19, 2003, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I agree with that analogy but as a "Predictor" and since I'm not part of that Sub-Group I have to go with what works and is easier for me.As far as lines are concerned we seem to be on the same page bet as small as possible and so far from my testing 5-10 lines from hundreds is about as small as I'll get.When your trying to TRAP the winning numbers the approach is select double the amount of the exact numbers drawn in the daily games.Pick-3 requires 3 numbers to hit so wheel 6 numbers in the Pick-4 you have 4 to win so select 8 to wheel and with the right amount of filters you can reduce those numbers down to a reasonable level.Now since your trying to "GO ALL OUT" by dventually being able to select just 1 combo I have no IDEA what strategy you could use.I tried that for about a year and came pretty close but it dventually became to frustrating to continue missing by 1 or 2 numbers or off by 1 number on the entire combination then not even getting close.

Cleveland,Oh
                            United States
                            Member #1856
                            July 16, 2003
                            531 Posts
                            Posted: September 19, 2003, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

90 % would mean 900 out of 1,000 or 90 out of 100 or 9 out of 10 no way!

Cleveland,Oh
                              United States
                              Member #1856
                              July 16, 2003
                              531 Posts
                              Posted: September 19, 2003, 9:11 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Thomas Covenant on September 19, 2003

Yes, I am serious.
                              Air pressure, current fluctuations in the drive motors causing variations in the drum speed, temperature, timing of the ball release, variations in the manufacturing of the lottery machines etc.

Air pressure would somewhat constant at psi!

Fluctuations in drive mortors would be called a surge or spIke! Happens all the time look at NASA!

Temperature all rooms have A/C!

Lottery drawing are at the same time every day +- seconds !Ohio 12:29 MID/7:29 EVE