Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Better chances to win or better chance?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 13 years ago by lottoking.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Better to play alot on one day or alittle on lots of days.

Yes [ 7 ]  [43.75%]
no [ 9 ]  [56.25%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
doodoohead's avatar - bioresonance therapy.jpg

United States
Member #2392
September 27, 2003
273 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2003, 11:43 am - IP Logged

If you average 5 10 or 20 dollars a day then you are averaging 35.00 70.00 or 140.00 dollars a week.  

Wouldn't it be better to save your money for a week and play all of it on one day the next week instead of every day?

Using the Pick-3 for example. If you are a 10 dollar a day player then you are usually playing 10 tickets that are 6-way numbers or 60 of the 1000. That would give you a 6% chance of a hit.

If you played all of your weeks tickets on one day

then you could play 70 tickets or 6-way numbers covering 240 numbers or 24% of the 1000.   That's better right?   

“If what you take for granted is wrong,  that makes you rethink some other things you know.”

Blotto's avatar - pengi
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #2411
    September 30, 2003
    16 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2003, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I certainly haven't been playing long enough to form a vaild opinion (about a week), but what you said does provoke thought on my part. The 20$ a day I've been playing on the Pick 3 is certaily not paying off yet. LOL

I think I'll give it a try, anything else you can add would be considered by me, no doubt.

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8797 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2003, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

It is hard to answer yes or no as it entirely depends on your skill level wether you are finding hits with a few or a lot of numbers.
      It is always easier to test your skill level with monopoly money first.

Oo'Ka

doodoohead's avatar - bioresonance therapy.jpg

United States
        Member #2392
        September 27, 2003
        273 Posts
        Posted: October 5, 2003, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about the mistake on the 70 x 6 way = 240  or 24% better. It was supposed to be---------------70 x 6 way = 420  o 42% better .                

So would you like a6% chance covering 60 numbers or

a  42% chance covering 420 numbers ?

So if its not a double or triple and there are only 720 6- way in the whole 1000 chart . Now you have a58 % better chance of a hit ! Thats better than the 6 % a day . Most people would rather do it their way. Is that the smart way with the best odds. ??

Think the best of all worlds would be to take your weekly shot at this the day after a double hit. Even better would be after back to back doubles.  Hmmm 

“If what you take for granted is wrong,  that makes you rethink some other things you know.”

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: October 5, 2003, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

i used to play the pick 3 at 20 a day and have since quit. it was a very expensive habit. now i just play for large jackpots in lottery style games like the wa. state lottery, powerball ,etc and play a lot for large jackpots. i figured 10k wouldnt really change my life (since i played all 20 straight on 1 number- and i did win 2x on that method) but 10 million would change my life. so i only play for enough to quit my job permently.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2003, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

I average $18 per week (2x Powerball @$5  and 2xStupid 6 @4 or less). Given the odds for what I'm after, it doesn't really matter... I'd rather be in for each drawing.

But as for the pick 3, I don't really know because I don't play it (but might start, on paper anyway... to check on some system theories).

What is "6-way"? is that like boxed? In PA, they have a "Super Box" that costs $6 and covers one number in all possible combos straight (cheaper if playing double numbers)... If you are just referring to boxed, in pa, that pays 80:1... wouldn't be interested in spending $70 for a 58% chance at making 10 bucks.

The MOST I have ever spent in one week was $58... only because I tried playing the PB one draw with all 42 powerballs (won $3... didn't put any attention into the white balls... won't ever be doing that again... unless I can figure out the white balls)

The one true instance where odds can be reduced is to play all 42 powerballs with the SAME line of white balls, goes from 120 million to 1 down to less than 3 million to 1... but I'm not seeing the results to warrant such an investment... yet

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2003, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

you can also change your odds on powerball if you had purchased all 42 numbers all having the same powerball that way if the powerball comes up its now 42 chances out of 3 million. of course thats a big IF but thats just part of a lottery game anyways.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2003, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

The odds are better. A 

www.winnerslost .com;www.649-lottery.com
                  China
                  Member #2526
                  October 15, 2003