Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Play days

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 13 years ago by acronym007.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #1849
July 15, 2003
265 Posts
Posted: October 14, 2003, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Do you think it makes a difference what day you get your picks for a large jackpot such as Powerball is this week? I mean do you think it makes a difference if you pick up the picks on Monday or Wednesday which is the lotto day? The funny thing is from all my reading about winners stories it seems alot of them are last minute purchasers? I often think about the effect of the day, do you?

twisted's avatar - underground
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #2376
    September 25, 2003
    582 Posts
    Posted: October 14, 2003, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

thats an interesting question.  I really dont know if it makes a difference.  Maybe someone else has the answer because I dont have any experience.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: October 14, 2003, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

We shall see, I just purchased 3 MM tickets 20 minutes ago.  I'll see in a little while if they did better than the 18 tickets I purchased earlier.  I posted them in the jackpot forum.

RJOh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: October 14, 2003, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

The answer is in.  I matched 2+B on the 18 played earlier and nothing on the 3 purchased 40 minutes ago.  Plan your play and play your plan.

RJOh

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2003, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

that would assume that the lottery is trying to avoid numbers already picked which they would only do if they were trying to drive the prize up (at least you megamillions players NEVER have to worry about them doing that) but that would assume that the numbers are infact not random at all but that the lottery numbers chosen are just a "set up" something i doubt any lottery would risk. 

considering how many people pick quickpicks it would be an ever changing target. best bet is to get the numbers early to avoid the lines because the worst that could happen is that you have the winning numbers but couldnt play them because you waited and the line was too large.

United States
            Member #2460
            October 7, 2003
            766 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2003, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

from all my reading about winners stories it seems alot of them are last minute purchasers? I often think about the effect of the day, do you?

What do you think?

Do you still believe in Santa?

When there is a lot of money involved,do you think that everything is nice and fair?

Do you think that they have to be nice because they are part

of the government?

Look at the Texas last weeks pick3 numbers and the post

about that,don't you smell something fishy,more like rotten,

have you ever seen some numbers like that to ever before

show up,is that normal?Would normal,even,random number

selection do that? I don't think so,but again everybody has

his own opinions.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8359 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2003, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

No, it doesn't matter when you bought the ticket. You could just as easily buy a winning ticket 5 minutes after the number was drawn for the previous game. Any where in between draws or 5 minutes before the balls drop. It only matters if you have got the ticket with winning numbers. The balls don't know who bought a winning or loosing ticket. I would say that you should buy the ticket as soon as you feel your luck is changing everybody has 15 minutes of luck each day you have to get tuned into that and act as quickly as possible before it slips away.

JetSet9's avatar - archer

United States
                Member #2253
                September 5, 2003
                24 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2003, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

"Everybody has 15 minutes of l

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8359 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2003, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Gosh you could say it an old timers thing when I was younger I heard it all the time and thought this can't be for real. It's like your senses smell taste touch etc. You have to feel it coming on problem is it could come on while your sleeping in the form of a good dream. So since were talking gambling. I'll try an explain how I know whether or not I feel it. When I wake up I thank god and then get cleaned up, etc., as soon as I get up I try and put all problems aside or if there were problems carried over from yesterday tackle the big ones first this clears a path for the good vibes to come in. Put those good vibes to work everywhere around you there are numbers phone, tag, house, newspaper, and odometer in your vehicle, etc., the last number you look at before you walk into to play the lottery play it.

Or let say your having lunch and you decide to play a couple games of keno and your particular numbers start to hit. After 15 minutes they'll stop hitting. Before that happens jot down new numbers to play in the lottery cause that's your 15 minutes.

Or you could be at work and all of the sudden something interestingly good starts happening this could be your luck moment jot those numbers down around you. After a while you begin to feel when it's happening and you have to act before you forget what number your tuned into. Numbers there everywhere you have to find them when you fell lucky. Good luck I hope this helps.

JetSet9's avatar - archer

United States
                    Member #2253
                    September 5, 2003
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: November 3, 2003, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Thanks much.Your words h

whodeani's avatar - lightening

United States
                      Member #2484
                      October 9, 2003
                      212 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2003, 11:05 am - IP Logged

I would have to say this talk about when to buy lottery tickets is moot. I would think that most people who come to this site are pretty serious lottery players who use a system and pick their own numbers and don't use quick picks. If you are playing your own numbers it wouldn't matter if you bought your tickets the morning after last night's drawing or ten minutes before the next one. You will have the same numbers regardless.

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2003, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree I select my own numbers and play several times a week morning or night.The only people that are concerned with specifics like lucky days,times.Astrological Signs and the postion of the Moon are recreational players that use quick-picks.

USA
                          United States
                          Member #1849
                          July 15, 2003
                          265 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2003, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I have thought about this alot also, I does appear alot of people that win are:

A. Last minute purchasers

B. Quick Pick purchasers

C. Spontaneous, unlike all of us who plan. These people see to not care about the lottery wake up one morning play and then win. LOL. Read the stories, I swear the odds are against the consistent player.

Have a great day and if any of you ever win please come back here and visit to tell us how you did it.