Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

10 Million What Would You Do?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 13 years ago by JetSet9.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
luckycat's avatar - animaniacs24

United States
Member #1687
June 16, 2003
1047 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2003, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

lottoking:

luckycat        >>>>>>>    purr-purr--purrfect                           

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19817 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2003, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

lottoking can't help himself, how is he going to help anybody else?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

www.winnerslost .com;www.649-lottery.com
      China
      Member #2526
      October 15, 2003
      976 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2003, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

How nice....I think w are just like a family already and I will try all my best to finish the program and make it better and better.We will achieve our goals.

I feel so happy to hear you say so,luckycat.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
        light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2003, 2:34 am - IP Logged

luckycat,

one last thing.  when you finally get to the images and you find one you like,  click on that.  it will show up at the top with another page.  under the image you will see "click here to see image alone".  click on that and then copy the address from your address bar and paste it into your image button when you are replying to a post at LP.

vision

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
          Clarkston, Michigan
          United States
          Member #76
          January 6, 2002
          8528 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2003, 6:27 am - IP Logged

Visiondude,

I

Sandy

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2003, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

SANDY,  those are funny stories (ah ha ha ha ha).  my wife is the gulliable one and man can i ever pull her puppet strings sometimes.  she is good about it.

it's funny how God works and how he does things in our lives to mold us into certain "kinds" of people.  my impetus for helping people instead of churches is born out of much the same thing as you.  it seems that most churches (but not all) that i have ever gone to get so caught up with building a BIGGER church as if THAT is their measure of success. WRONG.  you take care of the people in your congregation FIRST and "if" the church grows as a result of that,  THEN build.  they are also into programs and "missions".  thats all fine well and Good,  but NOT when you neglect people in need right in your own members.  i cannot stand that. like you,  our church is replete with people that have lots of money, but live for themselves.  because of my families circumstances, we at times have been in need over the 6+ years we have been there.  i don't go whining to anybody BUT there are plenty of people who know and don't lift a finger.  not even an encouraging phone call.   fortunately for me i don't rely on people.  if i did, i would've been homeless by now (lol). God has been faithful and has drug us thru the "mud" on purpose.   and thats including my worthless "jerry springer" family.  what i love about it.........it's all just PREPARATION for my "future". i embrace the hardships of my life and as a result i have a much clearer focus on what my life is about.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooo

but you know what i really like about all that i have been thru?  that it is PERFECT.  normally the things that i have been thru "people-wise" would make one bitter and selfish, but God has done the complete opposite in my heart about it.  made me a much more compassionate person. to not become "like them" (especially with what is going to happen to me). if people around me don't choose to be involved in my life,  THEY miss out, not me.  it has given me such focus for my life. that i wasn't put on this earth just for "me". i was put here to make differences in the lives of others and i so  look forward to watching that unfold.  i am driven to NOT be like those who have been around me.  to make sure that no one that God brings my way goes without.  that could mean money,  it could mean an encouraging word, it could mean all kinds of things.  the idea is that i cannot discount anything God chooses to do thru me in order to make a difference in the life of another. especially targeting those that others wouldn't give the time of day to. the perfect pre-cursor to the "vision".

"paving the parking lots" of peoples lives is what i am all about (and like #3,  i have no need to be patted on the back for doing so). i have every reason to become a self centered person given how people have treated me when i needed them,  but i am extremely greatful that God used that as a springboard to make me into a person that makes a difference in others.  i do so now, but i CANNOT wait to do it on a grander scale.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo x2

oneofthemostawesomethingsaboutthe visionisthatitwontbejustabout"me"  waaaahhhhhooo x3

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
              Clarkston, Michigan
              United States
              Member #76
              January 6, 2002
              8528 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2003, 6:01 am - IP Logged

Visiondude,

One last note about non-lottery stuff I guess.  But it could be connected to the lottery as we are discussing what we would do with 10 million bucks.

I have written 3 books........mystery novels......oh, 10-15 years ago or so.  After hounding all the agents in New York, Jay Garon (John Grisham's old agent) liked my work but told me he was too busy with Grisham's movie stuff that he didn't have the time to spend with a new author.  He referred me to an agent he knew in New York...............she did an excellent job....I signed a 3 year contract......but she could not sell the manuscripts to the publishers.  So the manuscripts sit on my shelves getting dusty waiting for my grandkids to read them some day.  That is enough for me.......hopefully, they will learn something from them......  Anyway, the 3 novels are:  Blind Fire (about a blind man), Blood Intruder (an AIDS based novel that I wrote before the AIDS fad started), and the last one I wrote was named Flight (yes, it is about the homeless (before we knew much about them). 

In my research of these manuscripts, I really became "human."  By human, I mean that I began to really feel for other people's pain, suffering, etc.  I became a "whole" person.  You are so right about other people not caring about other people.  We ignore the problems.  We say "thank God, it isn't us."  I believe that we should take care of our own....................I say all the time that no one absolutely no one in the United States should go without medical care, without food, or without shelter.  We give zillions of dollars to other countries and we let our own people starve.  Hey if ya got the money, that is fine.....but when I see the shelter on Thanksgiving filled to the brim with people who haven't had a good meal in ages, it just breaks my heart.  My son every Thanksgiving Day and every Christmas Day works at a shelter cooking food.........and instead giving money to the church, he saves it for the end of the year when he provides food and clothing for the needy.  He does not write a check.  He actually goes out and buys this stuff.  He does not go to church anymore.  He also got disenchanted with the "clicks" at church and how the church has lost it's focus. 

So, my friend, the good works and the spreading of the Word is alive and well.  Leading by example and by Faith is the only way to go. Your faith astounds me.  You truly have the "Vision."

Sandy

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2003, 7:51 am - IP Logged

i was going to say the same thing in my last diatribe but forgot.  the analogy of what our govt gives in aid to other nations (i understand "some" of the reasoning behind it).  but certainly NOT at the expense of our own people.        take care of "us" first.

the last place on earth that that should happen is the church but it does.  people are selfish by nature and afraid that giving to other people threatens their financial future. little do they realize how "wealthy" a person is in the things that matter in life is the one who gives instead of takes or hoards. but it is a sad commentary on life in america.  the richest most resourceful nation on the planet. unfortunately the church often mirrors that as well, choosing to build mega-churches instead of "mega" people.  churches are just buildings anyway.  God doesn't reside in a building. he resides in the hearts of those who choose to follow him.  i have alot of that clickesh stuff going on in the church i go to as well. i have many reasons to NOT go there, but i do because i know i am "called" to.   i have to make a difference and that difference cannot be predicated on what people do or don't do around me.  a leader leads and is undeterred by those who follow as to whether they respond or not.  my reasons for still going is to serve, not to be served. 

i like the analogy of funerals and the stories they tell.  the people who had their priorities right and "invested" in people (and God if they believe),  are the ones whose pews are full and people line up to say great things about them.  tears flow aplenty because they no longer can spend time with a person who truly cared about them.  conversly the persons that lived for themselves.  who invested in "things" and "experiences" rather than God or people.  unless they were a celebrity of sorts, the "crowd" is usually sparse.  and often when someone is called upon to eulogize the person, they often have to stretch the truth about how "nice" that person was while everyone is thinking in their mind "what?  joe was a jerk".... and after a few days,  "they" are all but forgotten.

like i said,  i am greatful that God has purposefully drug me thru the mud.  if he hadn't i am pretty sure that i would have been a FAT HEAD when i do win.  it is an insurance policy that he took out on me to make sure that i am not. to make sure that the vision is executed the way it should be.  it sure isn't just about "me" and i can't wait to find out what that add's up to.  "of much is given,  much more will be required".............and i am ready.

i can't remember where i read it but it was the antithesis of the "i am glad that it wasn't me........God"  -  mantra.  it goes something like this and only makes sense to those that really understand how life works....."why not me, God"?  man is there ever peace of heart if you can say that.  i know i can.  gotta be able to take the good, the bad and the very ugly with equal grace knowing there is a purpose filled plan in all those equations.  i am sure you wouldn't have chosen the hard road that you had to endure but i am equally sure that you wouldn't change a minute of it for an easier "path".  i know that you know that it was a necessity to the person that you have become.  the partial sacrifice of your body for the enrichment of your soul and the ability to transfer that onto others.

no novels for me although i once wrote articles in a golf newsletter.  got one wife of a friend of mine mad at me when i said that because he was winning tournaments so much that the night before he must have kicked his wife out of bed in favor of sleeping with his clubs.  i thought it was hysterical and she thought i was undermining her marriage.  i think she was a femi-nazi with zero sense of humor. i guess he was whipped because the couch is where my wife sleeps before i play in a tournament (whose your daddy?).   no sex the night before because it weakens the knee's and gives me a wicked slice (i know,  too much TMI).  i actually had my wife take a picture of me while i was in bed with me "jammies" on,   making it look like i was asleep while clutching my golf clubs.       it hangs in my den.

whatkindofvisiondoyoureallyhaveifyoucantdventuallyshareitwithothers?

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                  Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #1712
                  June 20, 2003
                  1549 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2003, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Visiondude & SandyK:

Wow, great stories... I'm with the two of you.

He is the way, and the truth.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

JetSet9's avatar - archer

United States
                    Member #2253
                    September 5, 2003
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2003, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

2 mansions (on