Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 4:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What’s with this Xtra?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Bryan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Mid-Missouri
United States
Member #644
August 31, 2002
4271 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2003, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Howdy all,

They have added the instant online game "xtra" to the MO lottery on the P3, P4 and P5 games. and best I can tell, there is absolutely no way there is anything random about the drawing at all. I run a card with the numbers 1417 thru 3 times with the xtra marked on the ticket. Each time it gave me doubles in the exact same positions of the doubles I marked. 3538-9295- 6369. There is no way that is a fluke. I have tried looking it up on the MO website but it is very vague about the way it works. It tells you how to play but thats about it. I ask one of the ladies at the ticket counter if she has had any big winners. She said they are all $2 and $5 and $10 winners. All the big money just happens to be on the numbers that did not match on the ticket. How convenient.....

This is different than a scratchers ticket because the scratchers ticket is all ready printed and you just have to be the lucky one to buy it at the right time. But on this game, it waits to see what you have and then deliberately avoids your numbers or gives up a couple of dollars instead of any of the larger prizes. I would think this game would have to be illegal. It is obviously rigged....

If anybody knows how this works I would appreciate some info.

Thanks,

Bryan  :)

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
    Atlantic Mine, Michigan
    United States
    Member #416
    June 23, 2002
    1614 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2003, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

I think this is why the guy from Kentucky sued the Kentucky State Lottery.  He felt exactly the same way.  In the brochures for the game it says that all the numbers below your numbers are randomly generated.  Truth is they couldn't be or else the odds would be a lot better.  The chances of winning are based on the odds that there will be so many winners in so many tickets.  These are predetermined and every so many tickets a winner will pop out.  I mean there are big winners out there.....but when the big winners are odds of 1 in 80,000 tickets sold it would be kinda hard to find them.  The game works the same way here in Michigan.  Well it did until they swithced it. 

Of course all the big winners would be printed under your numbers that didn't match.  You can't expect to win big amounts all the time and where else would they put those big amounts?  They would have to go under the ones that you didn't match.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
      Clarksville
      United States
      Member #487
      July 15, 2002
      17638 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2003, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Don't buy it.  it is a rip off.  We had extra cash here in KY.  The largest prize I ever saw anyone win was twenty dollars.  I along with several others quit playing it..it just is bad your money.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
        Mid-Missouri
        United States
        Member #644
        August 31, 2002
        4271 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2003, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the feedback. I dropped it right after I saw the way it was heading. I don't expect it to last a year if they can't do any better than that. Still don't see how they get around it not being random. I guess it like the slots. The winning payouts are based entirely on the precentage of the income.

Good Luck,

Bryan  :)