Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In The Spirit of Sharing : Powerball

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 13 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2003, 10:01 am - IP Logged

I may have posted details &

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2003, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

The above method I have expanded upon to change the statistic in question, using

Arithmetic Mean  =INT(AVERAGE(C2:C101))

Median                =INT(MEDIAN(C2:C101))

Geometric Mean  =INT(GEOMEAN(C2:C101))

Harmonic Mean    =INT(HARMEAN(C2:C101))

Note the use of the INT function, this is to ensure we remain working with only Whole Numbers (Integers)... you won't find 35.6 on any bet slip for the PB! We didn't need it above because MODE only returns values in the list, which are already whole numbers.

You can do this for any of the excel stat functions, some perform better than others... over time the MODE has proven to be most consistent.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do not believe that the numbers themselves have any properties that would allow them to be manipulated by  an arithmetic process like the AVERAGE (hence the less than stellar results of that test). Numbers are nothing more than identifiers of what ball came out. Taking the average of the top 3 finishers in a NASCAR race has no value... BUT all the balls start in the same order before being given a healthy dose of entropy when dropped into the Halogen machine(s). Using a stat that is basically a count of frequency (MODE) removes the error of "smoothing" that something like the average would induce. Consider it a starting point in some sort of "vector analysis", I.E. will the next ball fall above/below or the same as last draw?. Granted, no big win here so it's no "holy grail", but it IS a start...

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
      Virginia
      United States
      Member #1712
      June 20, 2003
      1549 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2003, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

hypersonig:

I run a similar spreadsheet to track the game I'm playing also ie: MM or PB, which I think I mentioned to you at point in time. This spreadsheet I use is in Excel also. It's a great tool, huh?

First, my question is, and I never heard you mention it in your thread. That being a Bell-Cure. Used to track which way the number's are heading ie: low #'s, high #'s or will more number's "hit" in the center ie: 20's and 30's? Very important tool to use to know this. Let's you see which range of number's to pick from. The Excel spreadsheet let's you see this information...

Second, In you thread I didn't see or read where you mention what #'s "hit" after, before or with certain number's. The spreadsheet also shows this type of information. Very important in choosing your number's to wheel.

I use the same spreadsheet to track the MB or PB number also. Only I color it in in "red." I color the other squares in "black."

All of this information is gathered on my spreadsheet. The 5-number's drawn are in "black", the MB or PB "red." There is a definite trend to the way the MB or PB "hits" also. Haven't been able to really explain it but it does exist, just like the other "white" balls that are drawn.

For the next game to be played, I have all this information in front of me to look at and make my decision as to which 12 to 18 number's I want to wheel, hoping that the six number's that "hit" are within the 12 or 18 I have chosen to guarantee me a $ prise. Hopefully, the "BIG" one...

Just curious.

Thanks for sharing your views,

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: December 7, 2003, 1:47 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on December 07, 2003

First, my question is, and I never heard you mention it in your thread. That being a Bell-Cure. Used to track which way the number's are heading ie: low #'s, high #'s or will more number's "hit" in the center ie: 20's and 30's? Very important tool to use to know this. Let's you see which range of number's to pick from. The Excel spreadsheet let's you see this information...

I do have another workbook with a Bell Curve chart on it, I have taken it to another level by making a separate grid for each position and "connecting the dots" with the drawing toolbar's "Draw Line" feature. The separate grids allow you to view the trends for sorted numbers, but it is still a difficult task... For this approach, I had been using an "a priori" approach... see how many times the number came up "IN THAT POSITION" and count the number of times it either went Up, Down or Repeated. So I can generally get a handle on the DIRECTION of the change, just not the MAGNITUDE.... not yet anyway... still a guessing game, albeit with a bit more direction (just because a number went DOWN 8 out of 9 times prior, it could still (however "statistically" unlikely) go up or repeat. This is the basis for my "Murphy's Law pick... if the trend is down, pick one up...

Second, In you thread I didn't see or read where you mention what #'s "hit" after, before or with certain number's. The spreadsheet also shows this type of information. Very important in choosing your number's to wheel.

I'm still a newbie with respect to systems and number tracking, perhaps my positional/columnar approach to analysis is a bit myopic... The spreadsheet DOES give alot of info, but as an eternal student... I am still learning to interpret it. On the upside, everything I am working on has one goal... pick just ONE line, and to that end it is working fine ;-)

www.winnerslost .com;www.649-lottery.com
          China
          Member #2526
          October 15, 2003
          976 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2003, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

the lotto secret hides in excel.May those smart enough people find it.

Best luck

lottoking

China
            Member #2526
            October 15, 2003
            976 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2003, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I REMEMBER a lotto expert said lotto cant be cracked from past draws but from the formula.So my hint to you ,hyper,is that fidn the real secret in excel with formulas help.

The Basics: Vertically stack the Powerball numbers in ascending order by date, I use column A as a draw number (starting from 1) and row 1 as a header row (DRAW, DATE, WB1, WB2, WB3, WB4, WB5, PB). Column B contains the date odf the draw, Columns C thru H contain actual draw data in SORTED (ascending) order (eg. draw of 23-5-17-38-59 +15 = 5-17-23-38-59 + 15). so far so good...

columns should be replaced by formula result--HINT

lottoking

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2003, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

thanks for the Hint lottoking... are you refering to the remainder formula from your other posts?

I have a massive spreadsheet tracking all stats for PB (including sums,even/odd,up/down, decades... my "stat history" worksheet goes out to column HG!) 6 more columns wouldn't hurt anything ;-)

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2003, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Added bonus.... Cash V

China
                  Member #2526
                  October 15, 2003
                  976 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2003, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

The key is to win.Dont dream all day before you really hit that big one.hehe

lottoking

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2003, 2:17 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by lottoking on December 08, 2003

The key is to win.Dont dream all day before you really hit that big one.hehe

lottoking

Not dreaming, just a tool used to gauge when to play. I try to only play any "system" picks I have when the result of the formula above is over $20,000,000... Until then ,I stick with 1 QP (and for the next 5 draws, one "pick" with a 27 as the PB.... unless the QP has a 27 Powerball;-)  )

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #2338
                      September 17, 2003
                      2063 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2003, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

i too have a "system" if you even want to call it that

i usually play triples like 22.23.27 etc. then it becomes a 3 of ten plus a 2 of 42(mega) or 43(powerball)

my theory is based on the fact that a certain percentage of winning numbers have triples in them. the odds of hitting a triple are 1:720 if you pick the right triple (twenties, teens etc) plus the ~ 1:900 odds of hitting the other two numbers reducing the over all odds by quite a bit. of course if a winning set of numbers doesnt have a triple or if you pick the wrong triple than you win nothing. but odds are most of your tickets get nothing anyways. just a thought

China
                        Member #2526
                        October 15, 2003
                        976 Posts
                        Posted: December 10, 2003, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

too many softwares..I AM FAINTING.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2003, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Dvdiva,

How did you figure those odds?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                            Member #91
                            January 19, 2002
                            11934 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2003, 7:34 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by dvdiva on December 11, 2003

i too have a "system" if you even want to call it that

i usually play triples like 22.23.27 etc. then it becomes a 3 of ten plus a 2 of 42(mega) or 43(powerball)

my theory is based on the fact that a certain percentage of winning numbers have triples in them. the odds of hitting a triple are 1:720 if you pick the right triple (twenties, teens etc) plus the ~ 1:900 odds of hitting the other two numbers reducing the over all odds by quite a bit. of course if a winning set of numbers doesnt have a triple or if you pick the wrong triple than you win nothing. but odds are most of your tickets get nothing anyways. just a thought

Funny you should mention that, I was just about to finish my break down when I ran across your statment,,,seems that we were kinda on the same track, this is what i show as the breakdown.  Anyone correct me if you think i'm off.

breaking down the main numbers by 10 would look like this:

1. 01-09=1

2. 10-19=2

3. 20-29=3

4. 30-39=4

5. 40-49=5

6. 50-52=6

Based on 164 draws:

1. single number picks  (12345 etc...)=15 or 9.1%

2. dbl number picks      (11234 etc...)=78 or 47.6%

3. dbl/dbl number picks (11244 etc...)=37 or 22.6%

4. triple number picks    (12555 etc...)=34 or 20.7%

hope this helps you as much as it helped me, dvd

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                              Member #91
                              January 19, 2002
                              11934 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2003, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

dvdiva:

I just real

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields