Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Task bar warning:

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 13 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
luckycat's avatar - animaniacs24

United States
Member #1687
June 16, 2003
1047 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2003, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone;

luckycat        >>>>>>>    purr-purr--purrfect                           

United States
    Member #89
    January 18, 2002
    2092 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2003, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for posting this item, Luckycat. I had a similar experience and I had a firewall in place. I quaranteened the whole mess and sent it to both AOL and Norton for analysis. Norton sent me a new firewall with updates that you can't get thru "patches." I got a fax from FBI concerning the perpertrant and that they were in on the situation too. Hackers like to play around with programs and crack codes not through bad intent usually and then you get an occasional opportunity seeker. The type setup you mentioned is one of those people trying to make mega bucks off of you and I.

For those of you players on this site please pay attention. What Luckycat told you is very real and can devestate your sense of humor; your bank account and your credit history. Whenever you leave "on line work"~~~immediately clear your browser catch! To do this is very simple,---once you are "off line" you have a disk tool called something like --disk cleanup. This tool removes where you have been on line. Then run it a second time. You will find nothing showing and at this point there will be a small box stating "view files" bring it up and manually remove all left over files by deleting them. This helps to keep virus contamination out of your files and as a further precaution unplug your modem!

Teufellj

luckycat's avatar - animaniacs24

United States
      Member #1687
      June 16, 2003
      1047 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2003, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

gosh  teufellj

thanks for all the above added information, you said fbi on it/

good that you got that far with it. I DID NOT REPORT MY SITUATION TO anyone except friends ,  and here at lp. this time // but in past had my ID tried to steal my credit cards and bank info so if you said it was almost same situation, hopefully that will end it. but the word I guess is check your pc

in fact because of the first attempt/ I have always been careful, and now again.  the first attempt was also investigated by msn.

thanks again: If anyone else had simular situations let us know to be alerted

blessings teufellj

luckycat        >>>>>>>    purr-purr--purrfect                           

United States
        Member #3004
        December 11, 2003
        248 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2003, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

format your hardrive .then re-install windows, in order to be safe. could still be lurking

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #1340
          April 6, 2003
          2450 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2003, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

one other safety tip, before turning off your PC, check in the "startup" group under START|PROGRAMS... some exploits won't install themselves, they trick you into doing it by placing a setup program there.

Also, when deleting anything suspicious, always empty your recycle bin... it's not really gone until you completely delete it.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.